The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Alice More's bedchamber

Go down 
+2
Geoffrey Lonshord
Charles Brandon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Alice More's bedchamber - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 11:26 pm

Thomas looked at his wife and took a deep breath. He shook slowly his head

I don't know, my love. I really I have no idea about this. But only one thing is certain: the King, in his blindness, fears no one but God..

He added before turning his eyes towards the fire thoughtfully
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2016 6:04 pm

"I don't think he even fears Him," Alice retorted. She really had no idea how things could have progressed in such a way. "Thomas, I don't think it's wise to involve yourself any further with the king," she said softly.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 10:28 pm

Thomas looked at Alice and shook thoughtfully his head

Alice, in truth..I fear for the Queen. It seems that Anne Boleyn hates her openly, and that she hates Queen's daughter too. They say that she threatened her..

He said loweing a bit his voice and looking into her eyes
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 3:50 pm

"Threatened her how?" Alice asked, her eyes growing wide.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 11:25 pm

Thomas looked at Alice with worried eyes

I have heard rumors, Alice. Remember..that Fisher and I have been poisoned, once. I fear she would do it again..with Katherine, this time..

Then he caressed softly her arm and tried to smile

But these are dangerous speeches, my love. Let's think at our children's life too..
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 3:40 am

She smiled and her countenance softened. "Yes, you're right. Who knows, perhaps the Boleyns have eyes and ears everywhere." She sat back in the chair and let her body relax. "The children have been well behaved of course, but they are eager for Christmas to come. In that way they shall never grow old."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 11:22 pm

Thomas smiled while hearing her words. He nodded slowly

Yes..they always loved Christmas. Of course, this will be a very different Christmas at court. Katherine is far and also Princess Mary. And another woman will sit at King's side taking their place. It's rather sad..

He added shrugging and took a sip from his tea
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 4:07 pm

"I take it you will have to attend the court ceremonies," she said a bit sadly. "If you go I will go too. Even though I do not like the king's latest actions, I must show respect for him."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 5:48 pm

Thomas sighed

I fear we should go, dear. The King would not be pleased to notice our absence. Also, we must be careful. Fisher and I think we should not show our real feelings towards his recent actions..
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 6:04 pm

She put her hands on his shoulders in an act of standing with him no matter the cost. "You know I will do whatever is best, for our family and our king and of course our God. We will go and at the very least enjoy some mulled wine and marzipan," she said, putting on a brave smile.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 11:43 pm

Thomas smiled and nodded slowly. Then he thought for a little while

And what if...we'd go to Kimbolton Castle to visit Queen Katherine? She must feel very alone, especially during Christmas festivities. What do you think, darling?

He asked turning towards her
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 5:02 pm

"I think that is a wonderful idea, Thomas. But will we be allowed? Surely our activities will be reported back to the king," she said with caution.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 10:35 pm

Thomas sighed deeply while nodding

Maybe you're right, dear. Better being careful. I'll write her a letter, to show her our support. Hope she'll find peace after so much suffering..

He added thoughtfully
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice More's bedchamber
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12