The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Thomas More's bedchamber

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Thomas More's bedchamber Empty
PostSubject: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:17 pm

Thomas was kneeling in his chamber . He looked at the crossed and started praying

Pater noster, qui es in caelis,
sanctificetur nomen Tuum,
adveniat regnum Tuum,
fiat voluntas Tua
sicut in caelo et in terra.
Panem nostrum cotidianum da nobis hodie
et dimitte nobis debita nostra,
sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris;
et ne nos inducas in tentationem,
sed libera nos a malo.
AMEN
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:51 pm

Thomas was reading a book sitting next to window. Suddenly a servant entered and delivered him a note. It was from the King. Thomas stood up to read it carefully. He was ordered to investigate about a certain Simon Fish, accused of heresy. He pulled down his hands and stared at the cross, frowning

Simon Fish...who is this man?

He whispered to himself
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 4:54 am

Missing her husband greatly, she went to his chambers to seek him out. She never liked to disturb him during his work so she stayed away from his office. When she arrived at his chambers she knocked lightly,
"Dear, it's Alice. May I come in?" she asked, with hope in her voice.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:59 pm

Thomas was still looking at the letter in his hands when he heard knocking. He smiled as he recognized his wife's voice

Alice! Of course, darling, come in...
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 2:45 am

She smiled as she opened the door and saw Thomas at his desk. "Good afternoon! I came to make sure you aren't working too hard," she said playfully. "I hope I haven't disturbed you." she said, noticing the letter in his hands.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Thomas stood up and hugged her tightly with a wide smile. He kissed softly her lips

Oh...you never disturb me, my love. I was just...reading a letter. Come, sit with me, darling. I missed you...

He sat on bed next to her and took her hand in his
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:27 am

She smiled, and blushed a little when he embraced and then kissed her. She hadn't felt his touch in a long time and it was comforting to be with him again. "Is it something important?" she asked, motioning to the letter. She remembered when Thomas told her of his new enforcement against heretics. She sat with him upon the bed, glad when he took her hand in his. "I missed you as well, husband."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Thomas glanced at letter and turned his eyes to her again

Oh...it's an order from King, Alice. I'm ordered to interrogate an heretic...a certain Simon Fish. But I don't want to make you bored with such...political things...

He added quickly, remembering their last conversation about heretics. He smiled and touched softly her chin
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:16 am

Simon Fish... the name struck a chord in Alice's memory. But Thomas looked as though he didn't want to say anymore. She knew his conscience bothered him when he had to deal with heretics, and did not want to put them to death, but it seemed to be the only way: a lesson for those who would learn it.

"I understand," she replied, remembering they did not exactly agree on how to deal with heresy. "In truth I thought I could take your mind away from work for a little while, so you can give a rest to that humanist brain of yours." She giggled and put her head on his shoulder. "I wonder if you've heard from Margaret lately? she asked, looking up at him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Thomas smiled weakly and nodded, glad that she decided to change subject

Yes...she came to visit me yesterday. She spends not so much time around court, recently. It seems that she is working at a new poetry. So she prefers don't be distracted by courtlife. She looks like you, my love... and I'm so proud of her...

He answered smiling, holding softly her cheek
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 11:20 pm

Alice smiled and felt the blush rising in her cheeks. He made her feel young. "You flatter me so. But I am glad she stays from court where there are too many temptations. Though she is strong in her faith, it takes not much at all to be distracted from one's Christian duty." She sighed. "Has she asked any more about this William Roper?" She asked, remembering Margaret's eagerness to meet with him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Thomas nodded and smiled again

Yes, of course. But I told her that maybe it's better to wait for a while before arranging a meeting. You lnow...Roper's family asked me a dowry for Margaret. I just want make me sure that we can please their requests fully. In the meanwhile, my love...you can talk to her about marital, and watch over her virtue...

He said with tender, but firm voice
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:08 pm

She smiled as well and held her husband's hand. "She knows a little from what I've told her. I am sure she will take such wisdom as I have obtained. She really is a good girl and I trust her, but it is others I do not trust." She raised her brow, indicating that Thomas knew also who to watch out for. "But it is good to delay the meeting between those two. I hope the Ropers aren't asking for too much of a dowry?" Concerned colored Alice's face.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:02 pm

Thomas shook slowly his head

Oh no...not too much. Now that I'm Lord Chancellor, we can have a much more comfortable life, so we'll have no problems to pay Margaret's dowry. But I prefer to wait...our daughter is too precious. And what about you, my love? You look a bit tired...

He said touching softly her chin
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:42 am

She nodded in agreement. "True, we can afford a better lifestyle, but I would not want things to change too much. I want us all to remain true to our faith and not let our new status distract us from higher things." She said, smiling softly.

She sighed as he mentioned she looked tired. She'd been trying hard not to show it. "There is much more to worry about, with things changing so much here at court. A every turn there is some new change, a downfall of one person, the rising fame of another. It gets to be all too much." She shook her head sadly but kept a smile. "However, we can get through anything together, dear Thomas.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 10:23 pm

Thomas nodded with a smile

Yes...I would like spending more time with you, my love. But you know how busy I am. Especially now...with heretics who walk freely around court. But I am happy that you came, Alice. I was thinking...to obtein a bedchamber for both of us, like in our early marriage's years. In this way...I could have you at my side all day...

He suggested with joy, curious to see her reaction
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 4:27 am

"I know you are busy my love... but I know it is for the good of the kingdom, though at times it is hard not to have you around." She gave him a sad glance and squeezed his hand.
When he mentioned a new bedchamber for both of them she blushed, remembering their early days of being married. "Actually, Thomas, I would like that very much. I just hope not to be in the way.."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Thomas noticed her blushing and smiled indulgently

What do you mean? To be in the way...for what, my love?

He asked with tender voice, touching softly her cheek
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:11 am

Her smile grew wider and she blushed even more as Thomas touched her cheek. "I only mean that I don't wish to be a distraction to you. But if we have a little room of our own I would savor every moment I had with you." She rested her head on his shoulder, flooded with warmth of love for him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:37 pm

Thomas sighed as she leaned her head on his shoulder

Well...I'll tell you the truth, Alice. If I needed a distraction, I wouldn't want any other distraction but you...

He smiled and caressed softly her hairs
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 2:51 am

She looked up at him and smiled. "I shall be more than happy to provide distraction for you, my love." She reached up and softly kissed him, glad to once again be in his arms.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Thomas kissed her back and wrapped his arms around her waist

I love you, Alice...

He whispered with love, staring at her deep eyes
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:58 pm

She smiled, happily getting lost in his eyes. "And I love you, sweet husband," She could not have thought of a happier place to be. "And sometimes I am so afraid to lose you.." she whispered.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:06 pm

Thomas smiled tenderly and raised softly her chin

You will never lose me, my love...

He sighed and met her lips again, closing his eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's bedchamber   Thomas More's bedchamber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thomas More's bedchamber
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next