The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Thomas More's office

Go down 
+8
Elizabeth Barton
Mary Tudor
Thomas Jack
Geoffrey Lonshord
Cardinal John Fisher
Thomas Cromwell
Catherine Parr
Thomas More
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Thomas More's office - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 6:12 pm

Thomas took off his hat and came to hug him

Sir Walter, I'm glad to see you. I know that you are a good catholic. One that doesn't fear to give voice to his conscience..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Walter Hungerford
1st Baron of Heytesbury
Walter Hungerford

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 6:19 pm

I would like to think I am but at times we all falter. Walter took a seat he was used to Thomas being brunt about religion. So nothing really alerted him to the topic.

Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 11:32 pm

Thomas nodded

Indeed. But these days it seems that many people could be forced into silence. Or even worse...into acting against conscience. Remember my words, sir Walter! Next days will determine the future of our faith..

He continued with firm voice

Whatever Master Cromwell says...whatever plays his arguments, with mellifluous words, the effect remains the same..

He took a deep breath

He claims that the Clergy should submit fully to King's will, and to secular authority! God forbid that he will succeed!

He kept on walking along room. And he exclaimed his words firmly and almost angrily, perfectly aware that his next words would shock William

Otherwise there will be no Church anymore, and no religion. Neither a spiritual life in this Kingdom..

He looked directly at William

Cromwell...could even rape the Virgin Mary herself!

Back to top Go down
Walter Hungerford
1st Baron of Heytesbury
Walter Hungerford

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Walter listened intently to More's words. It was easier to sit and listen when somebody wanted to rant. His last words though to him by complete surprise and he never thought he would here More say such vulgar things he quickly crossed himself. Good god Thomas are such wording needed

Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 12:01 am

Thomas noticed that William was shocked by his last words. But at this point he came closer and grabbed his shoulders

That's why I'm asking you...I ask this to you and to people like you, to stay strong and faithful..

He looked straight into his eyes and continued with fervent words

If you'll do that, you'll deserve the greatest reward by God, and much glory you will be given..

Then he left his shoulders and smiled at him

Trust me, eventually even the King will thank you..

Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 10:25 pm

Thomas decided having dinner with Ambassador Chapuys and Bishop Fisher in his Study Room, that night. He needed his closest friends at his side. The King was not showing his favour towards him anymore. Alice was there too, pouring them some wine

It seems the King wants to create Thomas Cranmer as Archbishop of Canterbury..

Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 1:21 am

Fisher was invited to meet More and Chapguys probably for some update on the King. Chapguys started talking first about Thomas Cranmer.

They want to make Thomas Cranmer archbishop?

Fisher asked not moving his gaze from Chapguys. His wine sat in front of him untouched.

He was once a chaplain to the Boleyns. He ought to take an oath not to meddle in the divorce.

Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 11:16 pm

Thomas looked at Fisher before taking a deep breath

But of course he'll take care of it. They want this. The Holy Church worths nothing for them. And neither people..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thomas More's office
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11