The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

King's Reception Room

Go down 
+35
Isabella Vasa
Daenerys Targaryen
George Hastings
Grace de Velville
Alexandrina Duarte
Henry VIII of England
Thomas More
Will Somers
William Davenport
Katherine Elizabeth Tudor
Francis of Navarre
Katherine Tudor
Margaret Vasa
Gustav Vasa
Thomas Cromwell
Viola Lancaster
Mionetta Rizzo
Francesca Benedetti
Quiteria de Navarra
Ursula Misseldon
Alfonsina Garcia
William Stuart
Diane de Poitiers
Margaret Douglas
Henry Norris
Lorenzo Campeggio
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Geoffrey Lonshord
Thomas Howard
Thomas Boleyn
Charles Brandon
Anne Boleyn
James Stuart of Scotland
Madeline De Fontanay
Mary Tudor
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

King's Reception Room Empty
PostSubject: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:32 pm

You cant just enter here anytime you want. You need permisson and servant annoucement.It is an official interview

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mary Tudor
Princess of Wales
Mary Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:35 pm

The court had become content at Whitehall. Everyone had become accustomed to their rooms and already lovers had found secret passages to one anothers chambers. By candlelight they would rush on the tips of their slippered feet down stairs or up stairs, through corridors and sneak past the drunk night watch men. And in the morning ,as the sun rose, they would awake with the sheets entangled around them and their lips curved into smiles. Their embracing and weary kisses would not end until the servants began to stir and the fires were kindled in the kitchen and the horses saddled for men setting off to business.

This morning however the innocent awoke. Princess Mary rose and her sleepy movements were as fluid as The Thames. Her gowns were sorted through and her hoods too, as her maids tugged and brushed her dark hair and arranged it neath the hood which was finally picked for her. Her head adorned with; cloth of gold, pearls and damask and her body with silk, satin and the most beautiful intricately designed stomacher- Susan slid cushion cut diamond and carved gold rings onto her slender fingers. With the giggling maids pouring scent of lavender and rose upon her she looked every inch the next Queen of England. Her birth right.
Though with growing tensions and anxiety it seemed that her rights may soon be just wishes and dreams that would never materialise.

Upon the eleventh hour when all the court was awake-Mary along with her three maids proceeded to The King's Reception Room as courtiers upon bended knee whispered blessings and good wishes. She smiled warmly to them and bowed her head with a return of thanks.

Finally outside the heavy wooden door Mary's maids announced Her presence and requested they told The King. Soon the servants scuttled behind the door and as they did Mary's maids adjusted her gown, her hair and her jewels-ensuring she looked every inch the 'pearl of the kingdom' which His Majesty had named her.

The servants behind the door entered the room and bowed deeply,"Your Majesty...The Princess Mary has come."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Henry was sitting on his throne, looking thoughtfully around. As the servant announced his daughter, he nodded with his head

Let her come in...
Back to top Go down
Mary Tudor
Princess of Wales
Mary Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:11 pm

Mary could hear The King mumble from the other side of the door-the deep voice that could convey love or anger so easily and fluidly. Usually it struck fear among courtiers and immediately followed with an elaborate bow although sometimes it spoke sweet, loving words. Only a select few experienced the words of love and Mary was one of those select few-with only compliments and adoration from Her father...The King.

With one sweep the door was opened by the servants. The splendour poured from the room; the finely carved furniture with Their Majesties initials intertwined and the tudor rose stamped on every inch of wood, the rich tapestries sewn with vibrant threads of fantastical colours and golden thread, paintings of predecessor monarchs who were dressed in their finest robes and decorated with the finest jewels they could source and yet...The King overshadowed them all as he sat in his throne.

Resplendent in His throne Mary took a step forward with her eyes fixed firmly on the floor neath her,"Your Majesty,"she whisper and yet longed for nothing more than to leap into Her fathers arms.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:08 pm

Henry smiled tenderly as he saw Mary entering and bowing. He extended his arms towards her

Mary...my beloved daughter! Come, sit here with me...

He said with a warm smile, waiting for her to sit on his lap
Back to top Go down
Mary Tudor
Princess of Wales
Mary Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Mary beamed, a flush of colour spread over her flesh. No feature was left unaffected-she was truly like a rose. She then bounded forward-her little feet padded on the ground and then she rushed into her fathers arms,"Papa!"she cried.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:11 pm

Henry smiled warmly at his little Princess. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed softly her forehead

I missed you, sweetheart. Lady Bryan always talks to me about your progresses. I'm very proud of you. Also, you become prettier every day, my love...

He giggled and touched softly her little nose
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:42 am

The groomsman steps forward and bows. “The Countess, Madeline, De Fontanay,” he announces.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Henry was holding Mary on his lap. After servant's announcement, he gestured with his hand

Lady de Fontanay? Let her come in...
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:18 am

I enter the room nervously and quietly, knowing I am not to disturb his majesty, no matter my business. I bend into a humble curtsey, and remain in the position until I am spoken to.
Your majesty,” I hold the curtsey, "and highness."

Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:14 pm

Henry smiled at the young woman and nodded with his head

Lady De Fontanay...welcome to my court. What can I do for you?

He asked, still holding Mary on his lap
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:56 pm

"I thank your majesty, ever so kindly, for welcoming me to your beautiful court," I smile.
Your majesty…I wished to make my presence known to you, as I have a proposition to ask of your majesty.”

I step closer with my hands placed humbly behind my back. “Your majesty…it has become known to me that you like to keep certain people close, and others closer…that you like to be able to keep watch over not only your court, but your people.”
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:27 pm

Henry rubbed softly his chin while listening her

Uhm...please, go on, my lady...

He said curiously, gesturing with his hand
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:18 pm

“I wish to offer you my services as your friend and confidante.” I look down, “I know what you are thinking…you are thinking, perhaps, that I am but a woman and therefore am less able to provide you with such information one of your other confidantes can, however,” my eyes flash upward, “that is my advantage, your majesty…I am a woman, and can hear and find out things in places your men can’t.” I begin to pace about the room, slightly. “You are perhaps also thinking that I am French and will perhaps betray your majesty’s trust, however, I have always felt England should be my home…and anyway, his majesty, Francis, is a fickle and vain man…not as humble and devout and kind as your majesty…and of course, it is clear, though not as extravagant, which I am sure the people love the most…your country is far greater.” I stop moving, “that being said, I am, in fact French…not many people speak to me, yet it gives me good reason to listen.”
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:53 pm

Henry frowned a bit after her words. He looked intently at her face

Are you saying...that you could get secret informations from France for me...lady De Fontanay?

He asked, while Mary were looking curiously at them
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:11 pm

A message is deliverd that the King of Scotland wishes to meet with him
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 2:39 am

"I could, if it please your majesty," I nod. "And I should like to gain information about your own courtiers and officials, as well. If you should so entrust me, Majesty, I should like to be your eyes and ears here, as well as the French court."
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:29 pm

Note:

As you wish, I was following Lady Anne Boleyn and she has just came to court Your Majesty.

Servant
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Henry listened carefully at Madeline's words, still holding Mary on his lap. While she was talking, a servant delivered him another message. Suddenly a bright smile appeared on his face. Anne was at court again! He caressed Mary's head and turned towards Madeline

Very well, my lady...if this pleases you, I give you my permission to bring me informations. Whatever you consider it could be...important for me...

He answered, holding tightly Anne's message in his hand
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:36 pm

"I thank your majesty," I curtsey, seeing the letter in his hands. "Good day majesty, and thank you for your time." I leave the room, curtseying backward.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Henry nodded with his head. After she left, he turned his eyes to Mary and smiled at her. He couldn't avoid thinking about Anne's return to court
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:24 pm

Henry was standing in his reception room with Charles and Anne. Thomas Boleyn was with them too. They were waiting for Wolsey and Campeggio's arrival. He needed to see them. Especially Wolsey...He put his hands together on his back and looked at the door

Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:40 pm

"Charles was waiting Cardinals's arrival with Thomas Boleyn and Anne at his side. Noticing King's agitation, they were looking meaningfully each other"

Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Earl of Wiltshire and Earl of Ormond, Lord Privy Seal
Thomas Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:20 pm

Thomas was standing there with other. Waiting silently. King seemed like he cant wait more. It would be better if Wolsey and Campaggio come quickly. He also could feel Anne's tension.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:38 pm

Norfolk stood between other nobles, waiting eagerly for Wolsey and Campeggio to enter and to gloat over his defeat. He glanced at the king and noticed with satisfaction his rising agitation. He looked at Boleyn and Suffolk and winked discreetly, then turned his eyes toward the door.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King's Reception Room
Page 1 of 22Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next