HomePortalRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

King's Reception Room

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

King's Reception Room - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:03 am

Henry smiled and stood up from his throne. He came close to Cranmer and grabbed his shoulders

Master Cranmer! I wished meeting you more than any other person in the world. You're welcome here at court..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He heard Cranmer mumbling something like "Majesty, I..", and then he sat on his throne again

He looked at Cranmer with a pleased expression on his face

It's weird. Some of more brilliant minds of my Kingdom have puzzled about the matter that you, an unknown clergyman...forgive me, succeded to solve with simplicity and clarity of thought. I have been really impressed..

Once Cranmer started mumbling something again, he looked at Cromwell and nodded with his head

Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:56 am

Cromwell tried to cover his nervousness at Cranmer's lack of words.

His Majesty has decided to make you his personal chaplain... you must thank his Majesty!

He whispered roughly. He motioned Cranmer to kneel before the king.

Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Henry saw Cranmer kneeling and whispering some grateful word. He looked at him with an indulgent smile

You're very welcome, Master Cranmer...

He exclaimed. Then he stood up and left quickly the Room

Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 1:03 am

He nodded as Henry walked past, and smiled at Cranmer, patting his back.

Well done, man!

Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:31 am

"Your Majesty" the servant announces... "His Majesty King Gustav I and Queen Margaret of Sweden". With that, the great oak doors open and the resplendently-dressed pair enter the grand reception hall and stroll gracefully, down the long red-carpeted aisle to the dulcet strains of the royal musicians playing a regal tune on lute and woodwind. Their eyes fix upon King Henry seated with noble bearing upon the throne, it's platform rising up from the far side of the room. Behind the Swedish King and Queen, their servant carries a long, flat object wrapped in red silk. Gustav's hand is held aloft, clasping Margaret's own. He leans to her and whispers. "Smile min kara...but not too much" He grins. Margaret gives him a sidelong glance and a hard squeeze to his hand. As they approach the throne platform and pass a line of halberd-bearing guards on either side, the two halt and kneel before Henry. "Your Majesty" Gustav says in a deep, reverent tone. "With our compliments and those of the folket of Sweden...we bring you good tidings, and a special gift, from your friendly neighbors across the North sea". With that, the servant approaches and kneels before Henry, quickly pulling back the red silk to reveal the gleaming, ruby-encrusted crucifix of Lindisfarne.

Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:11 pm

Henry was sitting on his throne, waiting for Sweden Royals to arrive. Once they came into Hall after being announced, he smiled at them. He looked at their gift attentively and with great admiration

Your Majesties...welcome to my court. First at all, I thank you deeply for this rare and precious gift. This is a piece of your country's history, and I appreciate that you brought it in England. I'll always keep it in my private chambers. I trust you and your lovely wife had a pleasant journey..

He said looking at Gustav and glancing at Margaret for a second

Back to top Go down
Margaret Vasa
Queen of Sweeden
Margaret Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:54 pm

Margaret looked into the king of England's eyes and smiled, she squeezed Gustav's hand, thinking the metting was off to a good start.

"Your Majesty, the cross rightfully belongs here in England. It was taken by the first Vikings who raided England. It was plundered from your Abby in Lindisfarne. We are glad to return something so precious and valuable back to England. The king and I would like to thank you for the hospitality you have shown us. Our chamber is just as luxurious as our palaces in Sweden. We hope one day that you will visit our country and we can show you the same welcome that you have so graciously given us. I am eager to see your English dances, I hear you have some courtiers that are renown for their skills and sense of fashion."

Margaret was thinking of Anne Boleyn when she spoke those words. She was curious to meet this woman who stole the English king's heart.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:08 pm

Henry looked at Queen Margaret and laughed for her last sentence. He nodded

Of course..we have much more than this here in England, my lady. And your presence at Palace makes everything more special. Your gift is simply beautiful, and you and your husband can consider Whithall like your own home. And one day..I'll visit your beautiful country, who knows?

He smiled kindly at them both

Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:15 pm

Margaret looks over at Gustav with a wry smile and twinkle in her blue eyes.
Gustav in turn, raises an eyebrow and mocks a disapproving expression as he turns to Henry. "Then I do most respectfully extend to your Majesty the invitation to visit our palace in Stockholm as our most honored guest...Your Majesty shall find that we Scandinavians more than make up for the frigid clime of our country with warm hearts and gracious hospitality...it is my hope that perchance our nations may be more than merely hospitable toward one another...our land is rich with resources and our men robust and strong of muscle and sinew...I eagerly look forward to the day we may be counted on as one of England's most loyal and trusted allies"
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Henry nodded after listening Gustav's words and ahowed him a kind smile

But of course. Your country is full of culture and traditions, and you really make honour to your ancestors. I was already thinking about an ally's treaty between our two countries. Sweden and England will be like...cousins. And after that you can even say we're related, Your Majesty..

He laughed, not missing a disapproving expression in his eyes. He looked at Margaret again and smiled

Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 3:14 am

"Tak~Thank you Majesty. I already feel as though we share a common bond between us. Unlike the continental powers in Europe seeming to be perpetually at war, it is my contention that England, as my own nation, prefers the way of peace. You say we are as cousins, your Majesty. However if I may say so, I feel we are more like Northern Brothers. Separated by a sea, but with a shared interest in resisting the entanglement of the belligerence and religious strife of the continent. If your Majesty agrees to it, after our return to Sweden, I should respectfully desire to open diplomatic channels between our realms with the intention of appointing an ambassador to this great nation. In turn, your Majesty may likewise appoint an ambassador to represent your interests in my own court. If your Majesty approves of course".
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Henry listened him with interest. He nodded slowly as he finished talking

I think it's a good proposal, Your Majesty. Appointing ambassadors to represent our countries will be very useful for diplomacy in the future. I'll send you my Ambassador once I'll receive yours..

He answered, thinking about who could be worthy to be appointed sweden Ambassador in his court

Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 6:07 pm

Gustav beamed and dipped his head respectfully. "Tak~Thank you your Majesty" He looked to Margaret and they exchanged smiles. This was more than he could have hoped for~ though hope he did. Diplomatic recognition would give Sweden immense credibility and respect as a seafaring power in Scandinavia and the North Sea, as well as give his nation a formidable ally in the event the Danes wished to commence any threats or hostilities.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:59 pm

Henry nodded and joined his hands together. He looked thoughtfully at them for a little while and then smiled

Excellent. We must to celebrate this event, Your Majesty. You and your lovely wife are officially invited to join our Summer celebration. My pupil, lady Nan Saville, Duchess of Naverre, organized a party to celebrate her return to court. It will last for days, and I'd like to see you as special guests there..

Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Gustav once again turns to Margaret before looking back at Henry. "Your Majesty, you are most gracious indeed...we would be honored and delighted to attend...it is most apparent to Margaret and myself that the fame of your English hospitality is well deserved...Your Majesty, it has been a long and arduous journey...if we may now retire to our quarters for some rest and to freshen up, we shall see you and her Majesty at the festivities".
Back to top Go down
Margaret Vasa
Queen of Sweeden
Margaret Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:41 pm

Margaret Vasa gave the king of England a dazzling smile. She was the polar opposite of Anne Boleyn. Her hair  was soft and golden. Her eyes blue as the azure sea. She had bow, cherry stained lips and smelled like the exotic twinflower. She looked back into the kings face as her long dark lashes framed her face. "Underbar, Your Majesty, I hope you will honor me with a dance. Once I am refreshed; I look forward to your festivities." Margaret took Gustav's hand, thinking how much she was looking forward to meeting the woman who stole King Henrik's heart; just as Gustav fell in love when he first laid eyes on Margaret.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 10:46 pm

Henry smiled warmly and nodded, after looking intently at Margaret. She had the classic northen beauty

But of course...you can retire in your chambers and have rest, Your Majesty. Consider Whithall like your own home. And after that, I will be honoured dancing with you, my lady..

He added, turning towards Margaret again

Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:17 pm

I walk down the corridor towards the King's reception room; my breathing became deeper with every step. My ladies follow a step behind me as was the etiquette for a princess. I reach the door; and stand before it, terrified. I flatten my dress, arranging it around me. This has go well...I have to be perfect! The steward at the door looks at me and then bows. He mutters my title "Your Highness".
"I wish to see His Majesty the King, my brother."
He opens the door and leaves me standing there. I hadn't seen Henry in years but I hoped...No, I prayed that he would be pleased to see me. I had always reminded our father of our mother...All our family said I looked like her the most. Breathing in, I waited to be admitted; hoping deeply Henry would admit me.
The steward approaches the King and speaks:
"Your Makesty, her highness your sister requests an audience...your sister; the Princess Katherine" He bows.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:27 pm

After sweden royals left a servant announced him his sister. He nodded careless. But once servant pronounced Katherine's name, he raised immediately his eyes and looked at the door. Katherine? Here at court? Surprised and excited, he nodded quickly

My sister Katherine..let her come in!

Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:50 pm

The steward returns and admits me to the chamber. I follow him in filled with trepidation...I longed to see Henry but was scared he would send me away. The doors swung opened and I entered.
There he was; my elder brother... "Henry...."
Remembering my manners, I fall into a deep curtsy and my ladies follow suit.
"Forgive me...Your Majesty!" I smile faintly as I lower my head in deference.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:10 pm

Henry looked at her gesturing to come closer

Katherine! My beloved sister...I'm so happy to see you again. For what should I forgive you? Come and hug your brother and Lord..

He stood up from his throne and opened his arms

Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:25 am

I smile brightly at him and approach.
"You must forgive me for my absence....I should have been at court with you before!"
I embrace him, tightly hugging my dearest brother. Sighing, I feel relief wash over me; It was going well as I had prayed.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:49 pm

Henry hugged her tightly. He kissed her forehead and smiled warmly

There is nothing to forgive, sister. I missed you. And I want everyone at court know about your arrival. Have you already met Charles?

He asked, knowing they were very tied during childhood

Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:35 am

"Yes I have, dear brother! We've spoken; it was wonderful to see him again...as it is to see you!"
I smile brightly and kiss his cheek softly.
I laugh "And how does you majesty intend to do that? Present me to the court?"
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:17 pm

A servant knocked at the door and he came in

"Your Majesty, Lady Anne is here.."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King's Reception Room
Page 10 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next