The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

King's Reception Room

Go down 
+35
Isabella Vasa
Daenerys Targaryen
George Hastings
Grace de Velville
Alexandrina Duarte
Henry VIII of England
Thomas More
Will Somers
William Davenport
Katherine Elizabeth Tudor
Francis of Navarre
Katherine Tudor
Margaret Vasa
Gustav Vasa
Thomas Cromwell
Viola Lancaster
Mionetta Rizzo
Francesca Benedetti
Quiteria de Navarra
Ursula Misseldon
Alfonsina Garcia
William Stuart
Diane de Poitiers
Margaret Douglas
Henry Norris
Lorenzo Campeggio
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Geoffrey Lonshord
Thomas Howard
Thomas Boleyn
Charles Brandon
Anne Boleyn
James Stuart of Scotland
Madeline De Fontanay
Mary Tudor
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

King's Reception Room - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 9:44 am

Henry looked at him. After hearing with attention his words, he smiled

Your Majesty, I thank you deeply for choosing my country to arrange a suitable marriage for your sister. In this way, our Kingdoms would be tied into an alliance that will protect us against our enemies. I know your family is Reformist, this is a good beginning..So yes, I would love meeting your sister Isabella. I heard she is very beautiful. Bring her here at court, far from my cousin the King of Scotland. I suppose you don't want she to be...his mistress. I'll find a suitable husband for her..
Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 9:02 am

I listen to his Grace.

"I thank you your Grace an alliance with England is on my mind. My sister is young indeed and I shall invite her here to England to meet with you and I thank you your Grace"
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 8:20 pm

Isabella traveled to England at the request of her brother who nicknamed her Mira, she approached the door knocking "you wished to see me brother?" she corrects herself "I mean your majesty" she says to her brother Gustav Vasa who was waiting for her to arrive
Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 12:44 pm

I stood there and saw my beautiful sister enter.
"Welcome to England sister and so glad you could make it. May i present to you his Grace King Henry VIII of England"
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 4:05 pm

Isabella approaches her brother then looked at the King of England [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "it is nice to meet you your majesty" she curtsies to him then stood straight after, it was obvious she was very beautiful and why the King of Scotland briefly took a liking to her and she stood beside her brother the King of Sweden
"I'm honored to be welcome and invited in your beautiful kingdom your majesty" she tells the King of England politely speaking to him.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 9:18 am

Henry looked at the Princess and smiled

Welcome to my court, Princess Isabella. I must say...your beauty is much more greater than people say. I was just talking about your future with your brother. Very soon you'll have a suitable husband, my Lady. Just...I think the King of Scotland could be an obstacle for our planes..

He stared deeply at Isabella

Forgive me if I talk openly, my Lady. But...if my cousin James took your virginity...we can't find an husband so easily. If your future husband will find out that you're no longer a maid after the wedding ceremony, he could ask an annullament..
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 11:46 am

The Princess understood everything the King of England spoke with her and she blushed a bit, he was right when he mentioned of the prospects of marriage being lost if she had been touched by a married man or any man but her eyes met with his majesties "I promise your majesty, I am aware how angry my brother would be if I took such foolish chances, I remain a maid untouched. I wanted to save myself for marriage, I never would allow his majesty the King of Scotland to touch me or be interested in being his mistress. He was most kind to me but I would be facing damnation of my own immortal soul to lay with a married man" she says politely to him "so this man you have in mind, will I meet him your majesty? I'd like to know him before we marry one another, I hope you understand, I should like to know his name if I may politely ask." she hoped it was not a old man either, she hoped it was someone attractive and kind but of course anyone would understand that her desire to know her intended before she married him but she didn't want to disappoint her brother the King either and she looked over at her brother after as she was a little nervous about the arranged marriage but remained polite with them both.
Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 12:17 pm

I smile seeing my sister so happy then i turned to the king of England

"I trust that her Grace Queen Anne is also well your Grace?"
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 9:35 pm

Henry smiled at Gustav and nodded

Queen Anne is fine, thank you for asking, Your Majesty. She will give me a son very soon..

Then he looked at Isabella

I have someone in mind for you, my Lady. I wrote to the Baron of Essex, sir Robert Barrington. He is loyal to crown and a whorty man. If he accepts, we may celebrate the ceremony here at court..
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 10:29 pm

Isabella was full of questions, who would blame her really but her eyes met with his majesty the King "And if he should refuse your majesty, have you another in mind, Someone young perhaps as I am? I'm sure your majesty my brother has told you i'm only a Princess of the age of 18, would this man even like me?" she ask so many questions, she was a virginal maid but she had to be prepared what sort of man this man he suggested is "I mean no offense your majesty in the many questions I have, but it is flattering he is loyal to you but is he young as I am or handsome or kind?"

She realized she may have asked too much "Forgive me, i've asked so much." she blushed a little.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 10:03 am

Henry smiled at her questions

No need to apologize, my Lady. I perfectly understand. Sir Robert is young and good looking. You have no need to worry. We just have to find an agreement about your dowry. If not..I'll suggest someone else. In any case, I'll choose a man kind and worthy. Just trust me..
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 9:03 pm

Isabella gripped her brother's arm nervously, she didn't know what to think of this at all but her eyes met with the King of England's eyes "I'm sure your majesty any sum of dowry owed will be payed for my future in full, His majesty my brother is a man of his word I know that all too well" she thought of the man he spoke of "If he should not like me, we should choose more options your majesty. Perhaps a Duke even or the son of a Duke" she wondered what her brother's thoughts on this was "Invite him to court your majesty, this man. I should like to meet this sir Robert you speak of." a part of her began to trust the King of England "Perhaps we can hold a banquet for his arrival, a private one between us so I may know him better."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2019 10:21 am

Henry nodded again

Of course, my Lady. Or even a Prince...or a King. You could be Queen of another country. But you know, wedding's negotiations are long, sometimes. Your future husband surely wants not only a generous dowry, but he will ask everything about you before meeting. He will ask about your virginity... and your fertility. Your dudy is to assure an heir to his Dukedom or his Kingdom, or more than one heir. Since you're very young, I'm sure you'll have many healthy children, especially sons. But I warn you, my Lady: probably you'll have to face a virginity test. Our physician of Palace will visit you carefully..

He explained, looking at her and at her brother
Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2019 12:52 pm

I stood by my sister as the King spoke and I held her hand.

"I am very grateful you majesty for your kindness towards my sister. She just wants to be happy. I myself would like to meet this Sir Robert and get an opinion of him as my sister will require my consent too.

Your Grace would it be necessary for my sister to have to go through a virginity test. I know my mother had to do it and she found it painful.

May I your Grace also invite Your majesty and your wife to Sweden after a marriage has taken place for another ceremony back home in Sweden and as guests at my court?"
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 12:44 am

Isabella listened to every word suggested by the King of England, she was surprised by the need of a virginity test mentioned "Do you not trust me capable to remain a maid until I marry your majesty?" she was nervous of the virginity test, she never had it done before but when her brother mentioned the pain there mother endured going through with it, it made her even more nervous "Will it be painful your majesty? I've never had one done before and I am nervous about it. Will it be truly necessary if I am remained untouched? I do not spend time with men at all your majesty and most my days are spent in a church in prayer and any men who greet me I do remain discreet and at a distance. I know it would anger my brother, my family if I was to shame them in any way" she wondered what his majesty would say on this, she was glad her brother stepped in her favor with the matter of the virginity test being done but Isabella was concerned it happening so often.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 4:42 pm

Henry smiled at Isabella

My Lady..I have no doubts about your virtue. But you know, you need to be officially declared "virgo intacta" before marriage. It won't be painful, don't worry. Our physician, Agostino De Agostinis, is a good one. You may go tomorrow in infirmary, so he can visit you..

Then he looked at Gustav

My Lord..even my mother had to do such test before marrying my father. So I know how  you feel towards your beloved sister..
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 6:48 pm

Isabella although nervous understood the King's reasons urging her of this and she nodded in agreement to his majesty "I will do it your majesty, I will do it if it pleases your majesty it be done and that the outcome finds me a worthy marriage too" she says "After all for the legitimacy of my future husband to marry me it must be proven that I am a virgin and intact with my own body as pure and untouched by any man. I will do it, summon the doctor you speak of then and when the physician is ready I will meet with him" She agreed to the terms at hand, she knew she was required to be pronounced virgo intacta like his majesty told her but she hoped he was right that it wouldn't be painful as she was nervous already and would meet the doctor at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] when the King makes arrangements for it and she looked at the King of England.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 8:39 pm

Henry nodded, but while she was still talking a servant entered in the room. He brought two letters. Henry read them carefully and then he looked at Isabella

The Baron of Essex doesn't agree with your dowry, my Lady..so he won't marry you. But..it seems that the Earl of York, Arthur Henry Plantagenet...is anxious to meet you. As you can imagine..he is one of the few people still alive by my mother's side. He is young and a worthy man. So..after giving him evedence of your virginity, you'll marry him, Princess Isabella. Hope you're happy..

He smiled
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 8:44 pm

Isabella was bold natured, upon hearing the behavior and denial of the Baron of Essex she looked right at the King and pushed back some strands of hair from her face tucking them behind her ear "He sounds like a fool your majesty, this Baron of Essex. I wouldn't want him anyways and besides had he agreed he would have gained a good wife and a strong alliance from this had he not been a coward and ran!" she says "I suppose he brought your majesty great displeasure turning down such a proposal, the demands of your majesty. He should have obeyed so as you are his King and sovereign leader" she pauses a moment "Forgive my bold tongue, I only speak the truth. A man unwilling to fight for what he wants deserves what he gets, I hope what I say not cause any offense."

Upon listening him speaking of the Earl of York she stood patiently listening
"A Plantagenet your majesty? such a offer would be most gracious your majesty. He is young you say and worthy? and a relative on your mother's side" she thought of what such a marriage could bring her family, would it bring her love or a downfall to her family, she had to know the answers to it "I would love to meet him, but would any children of ours be safe from any harm? your majesty they would be a Plantagenet after all, I recall the brutal history even of that name, they were once enemies to the crown, they had started wars with the Tudors family." She was clearly quite educated and she frowned worriedly but her eyes looked at him when he mentioned her being happy

"Forgive me, I am happy about it really I am. But it is only natural to worry, I will accept it most graciously your majesty" she looked right into his eyes but she was a little tired from her journey from Sweden "If I may your majesty, I should like to retire for the night to my chambers here which have been prepared for me. I should need plenty of rest before meeting the physician you speak to me of for the virginity test. My journey was long from Sweden and I suppose I am a little tired"
Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 12:32 pm

I listened to Henry as he spoke.

"This sou da like the perfect match for my sister your Grace. I would however like to meet with him too for I want to know I can trust. What is this Arthur like your Grace?
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 10:48 am

Henry nodded to them both

My Lotd, my Lady..I'm happy you like this solution. You both may retire and have rest. You must be tired. We'll see again tomorrw evening for a banquet in honour of your future husband..
Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 12:24 pm

I bought to his Majesty and then thank him.

"Thank you your majesty we will be most honoured to attend your banquet and I can now see that are countries look set for a great alliance to.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 1:01 pm

Isabella smiled at his majesty "Thank you your majesty, I shall see you tomorrow then for the banquet after the physician sees me in the infirmary" she makes her way toward the Vasa Royal Apartments to rest after curtsying to his majesty graciously.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 10:29 am

Henry nodded silently and after they left, he stood up and left the Chamber
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 pm

Henry was sitting on the throne, laughing and joking with his Private Council's members. They were talking about naughty things

My lords! I want to celebrate my son's birth with joust and masquerade! I still don't know if naming him Henry or Edward. I have already asked to French Ambassador to keep him on baptism. If he will make him fall on the ground..we'll declare war!

He laughed. Thomas Boleyn laughed after him. A diplomat told him about a naughty thing happened in Venice

And you were not shocked, Excellency?

"Your Majesty..I am a venetian man. In my city all men are players..and all women are whores..Why should I be shoked?"

Henry laughed. When suddenly he noted Thomas Cromwell approaching him

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King's Reception Room
Page 20 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next