The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

King's Dining Room

Go down 
+7
Anthony Denny
Juana of Aragon
Anne Boleyn
Mary Rose Tudor
Anne Clifford
James Stuart of Scotland
Henry VIII of England
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

King's Dining Room - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 12:54 pm

Henry laughed looking at her

Oh really? I had no doubts, Lady Anne. So...it's decided. You'll be our guest. Hope your brother the Duke has nothing to say against that. Who knows? You could meet an interesting gentleman in France..

He said while ordering more wine
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2021 8:21 pm

I looked up at King Henry then I smiled slightly.

"I am honoured to be your guest and I will write to my brother tonight informing him I am to be the guest of King Henry he will approve as he likes me so much. I wonder what I might discover in France.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 12:26 pm

Henry nodded

Very well. Your brother's opinion is important to me. Tell him that there will be no risk for your virtue. As this is precious for your future husband..

He grinned
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2021 7:53 am

I smiled at King Henry.

"I shall tell him at once. I have to say this to your majesty that for the short time I have been here in England your court is very beautiful and I hear that all is well between you and Queen Anne? I wish to ask you something. I am to remain here in England for as long as I wish but I feel so embarrassed as I have nowhere to stay.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2021 1:25 pm

Henry looked surprised at her

Oh..Lady Anne! Please, forgive me..but I have had many things to deal with. Your chambers will be ready immediately. And of course, you may stay here as long as you wish. Also, I'll give you some ladies in waiting at your service. I'm sorry..I'm unforgivable..

He added reaching her hand with his
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 7:15 am

I took hold of Henry's hand and then smiled.

"It is okay your Majesty I know how busy you must be but I thank you for the kind offer of ladies in waiting too. I think I will enjoy my time here in England and it is very new to me but I do like your court. How are your sisters for I hear that you have two?
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 12:35 pm

Henry nodded

Yes...they are fine, thank you. Princess Katherine is widow but she has a beautiful daughter, Lizzie. While Princess Mary Rose is married to the Duke of Westmoreland. They have two twins boys, Oliver and James. I had my sister Margaret...but she passed away years ago. She married my best friend Charles Brandon, the Duke of Suffolk. What about your sisters, lady Anne? Are they married?

He asked with a slight smile
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2021 8:04 pm

I looked closely at the king.

"I am sorry to hear about your sister Margaret it must have been a sad day for all of you. My sisters no they are not wed as yet although I think they will be soon as my uncle seems keen on a match for them even I don't know who he has in mind.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 12:32 pm

Henry nodded, glancing at her

I see. Well, I wish you to marry a good man, lady Anne. But...if you prefer a quiet life, I hope your brother won't choose a King for you. Being Queen that's no so easy. Even if...you would be a wonderful Queen, loved by her people..

Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 7:46 pm

"Your majesty is very kind and I hope to have a happy life. My brother I am sure will want me to be some sort of Duchess or maybe even Queen knowing William. How is your wife?
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 12:50 pm

Henry nodded

She is fine, thank you. She would love meeting you. I think you both have so much in common. And honestly, I prefer my Queen is surrounded by clever and learned ladies, instead of by silly french ladies..

He admitted looking at her with a smile
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 7:55 pm

"Your wife sounds like a very fine woman and when the time is right I would indeed love to meet her.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2021 1:24 pm

Henry nodded while smiling

She will love to meet you as well, Lady Anne. And when the time is right, I would be happy if my Princess Elizabeth will spend time with you. I'm sure you would be a fine teacher for her..

Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 7:12 am

I blush a little at his words.

"Your majesty is most kind with his offer. It would please me greatly to offer my teaching to your fine daughter.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 12:56 pm

Henry poured her some other wine

You would be perfect, lady Anne. And...if I was not happily married, I would consider the idea...of having a wife just like you, my lady. I mean sweet, learned, clever..and very beautiful..
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 5:17 am

I smiled at his kind gesture towards me and I took the wine he had just poured and sipped it.

"Your majesty is most kind with his words of such compliment towards me. I am sure that your wife is as clever and even more beautiful than myself. I still wait to hear what exactly my brother has planned for me regarding my marriage.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 10:52 am

Henry smiled back at her

Oh I'm sure that your brother will choose the best for you and your sisters. And even when you'll be married, you'll be always welcome here at court. But tell me...do you have any relative to talke me about? Such as...a cousin, an uncle...a nobleman of your family. I'm trying to find a match for my sister Katherine..
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 6:55 am

"I am grateful to your majesty and I hope that a suitable match is found for me. As per regards to my relatives I cannot remember but I shall look into for your majesty if I may for I would want your sister to be happy.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 1:31 pm

Henry nodded

Thank you. Every woman should be happy, lady Anne. You, for istance..you are in the flower of your youth. You can give so many children to your future husband. Children are the future, dear Anne..and I'm sure you'll have many. Who knows? Probably..you'll conceive during your wedding night. Oh..I hope I haven't embarassed you..

He added, noticing her blushing
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2021 8:18 pm

I blush a little at his words.

"You have not your majesty I am most honoured by your kind words towards me for I am indeed hoping to have a happy marriage and maybe even children. Your Majesty shall be first to know when my marriage happens.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2021 12:44 pm

Henry smiled

I would be honoured. Your future husband must receive my approval as well..

He added jokingly
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2021 7:36 pm

"I will make sure your majesty is informed of whom I choose for my husband.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2021 1:12 pm

Henry nodded while servant took away the empty dishes

Hope you liked dinner. And wine. But...since it's rather late, I'm going to retire in my chambers. I have important matters to deal with Privy Council tomorrow..

He stood up and took her hand

Lady Anne..thank you for your fine company. Hope to see you soon again..
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2021 7:17 am

I took Henry's hand and stood up then i curtsied before him.

"I have had the most wonderful evening your majesty. The food was very nice and I enjoyed the wine also and I thank you for making me so welcome in England. I do hope to see you again very soon.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2021 1:51 pm

Henry smiled at her in silence and left the room
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King's Dining Room   King's Dining Room - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King's Dining Room
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8