The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Council Meeting Room

Go down 
+3
Thomas Howard
Charles Brandon
Henry VIII of England
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Council Meeting Room Empty
PostSubject: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:37 pm

The place king and state-men met.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:57 pm

"Charles entered in Council Room with others state men. The King needed to see them urgently. He took his place next to Norfolk and waited for the King's arrival..."

Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Norfolk nodded at Charles as he sat down next to him but he didn't speak. He was curious about what the King had to say and how he would arrange the council meetings from now on. He coughed nervously when they were all seated and waited for the King to enter.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:58 pm

Thomas entered in Council Room and sat at his place. He noticed that other men were rather nervous, except Brandon and Norfolk. He nodded slightly at them. For a moment, he missed Wolsey's presence among them, and waited for his friend Harry silently
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Geoffrey entered in the room and shouted

His Majesty the King!

Everyone bowed immediately in front of him once he walked inside Council Room

Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Henry walked into Council Room with firm steps and reached the table. All his men were in front of him and stood up once they saw him. He gestured them to sit down again

My lords...

He greeted them. But he was angry and looked directly at their faces, leaning his hands on the table

Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Thomas noticed the King was nervous. He bowed deeply at him and sat down again, glancing secretely at others men's face expression. He gulped
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:18 pm

Norfolk leaned back in his chair after he sat down again, a little upset by Henry's tone and attitude. Henry still looked nervous and not at ease, no one dared to speak and they all just stared at him, waiting for him to continue. Norfolk tried to look calm while he wondered if he would actually be appointed head of the council, as he secretly expected.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:25 pm

Henry looked at them with angry eyes. After few seconds of silence, he finally spoke

My lords and councilors, we have so much work to do. In the past, the ones who took the governament's reins disappointed me. Many things happened behind me and without my approval. But such procedures do not occur more, in the future....

He looked at Norfolk

Your Grace will be declared President of Council, with the Duke of Suffolk...

He added, turning his eyes to Charles

Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 9:20 am

Norfolk bowed his head, smiling satisfied but when the king appointed Brandon with him, he could not hide a trace of annoyance. Did Henry not trust him enough to lead the council alone? He obviously divided the power so no one could rule autonomously like Wolsey anymore... times had changed, indeed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:43 pm

"Charles glanced fastly at Norfolk after King's words and bowed gratefully with his head. He was expecting that from his best friend, especially after he did for him"

Your Majesty...
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Henry looked at them with a serious glance, before adding

Very soon we'll meet again, my lords. In order to discuss about such matters who still I care about...

Then he turned his back to them and walked towards door again

Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 11:00 am

Norfolk stood up hastily with the other men and bowed deeply. He slowly collected his documents, still perplexed, but when he turned around he saw Brandon on his way out and he called his name while he quickly approached him.

Brandon! He put a hand on his arm to stop him while he waited for the other men to leave the room. He needed a private talk with him.

Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:14 pm

"Charles stood up from table and bowed deeply at the King. While walking he was stopped by Norfolk. He looked at his hand on his arm curiously"

Yes...Your Grace?

Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:48 pm

Norfolk looked around and then whispered at Brandon.

I must say.... though it pleases me very much that His Eminence is no longer with us, he still causes me anxiety even in his absence. He frowned and waited for Charles's response, wondering if he shared the same feelings with him.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:56 pm

"Charles stopped and looked curiously at him. He rolled his eyes and sighed"

In which way?

"He asked, a bit annoyed by his words"

Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Norfolk looked sharply at him.
Do not laugh! He was never convicted of treason! So... he is still alive. And as long as he lives, he will be a threat to both of us and to this kingdom.

Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:34 pm

"Charles sighed deeply"

The Cardinal is confined at York, in disgrace. I think that you overestimate the danger...

"He answered with bored voice"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:39 pm

And I think you underestimate the danger! Norfolk looked around the room to check whether someone could hear them and continued.
The king can change his mind easily. And if he does and Wolsey returns to court, you and I have reasons enough to fear his wrath.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:24 pm

"Charles took a deep breath and glanced around. He really couldn't understand why he was so worried. Then he patted softly his shoulder, pretending to smile, and left Council Room with slow, firm steps"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 7:37 pm

Norfolk frowned deeply and shook his head in disbelief about so much ignorance.
Long after Charles left the room he still stood there, pensive, but as the last ones passed him and stared at him he left the room himself, still feeling uncomfortable about Charles' attitude.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:08 pm

"Charles was sitting at his place at the table with others gentlemen of Privy Council. The King ordered a special reunion of Council. Anxious to know what was wrong, he waited patiently for his arrival, glancing at Norfolk, who was sitting next to him"

Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:20 pm

Geoffrey entered and announced loudly

His Majesty the King!
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:47 pm

Thomas was sitting at the same table waiting for the King. Once the servant announced him, he stood up with others and bowed deeply

Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 12:13 am

Henry walked into Council Room and sat on his chair. He was angry. He rubbed softly his forehed before starting to talk

My lords, every day I'm forced reading new reports about dissatisfaction and delays in my Kingdom...

He raised his head and looked at them

Our finances are exhausted, and we borrow money at exorbitant interests...

Then he looked directly at Charles and Norfolk

Your Graces, you both are presidents of this Council...

He sighed and added angrily

But you suggested nothing yet about that, neither about any other purpose!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Council Meeting Room   Council Meeting Room I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Council Meeting Room
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next