The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Welcome Dinner to Whitehall

Go down 
+31
Thomas Seymour
Katerina Anechka
Diane de Poitiers
Lenore Hoffman
William Stuart
Catherine Willoughby
Rumeysa Hatun
Madeline De Fontanay
Mary Boleyn
Alfonsina Garcia
Noelle Hoffman
Anthony Knivert
Catherine Earnshaw
Madeline Stuart
Elizabeth Wykes
Amanda Brown
Susan Clarencieux
Elizabeth Blount
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Thomas Cromwell
Anne Grey
White Royalsun
Catherine Parr
Mary Rose Tudor
Matrakci Nasuh Efendi
Henry VIII of England
Margaret Wyatt
Royce Westmoreland
Jane Bassett
Charles Brandon
Nan Saville
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Lenore Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Lenore Hoffman

Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:38 am

William Stuart wrote:
I listened to the beautiful woman, and when she said she had Scottish blood she had my full attention. "Ah it is nice to meet another country men or shall I say woman here in England." I said with a chuckle. "I am from Glasgow, although I reside in Edinurgh." I said and took a drink of my wine.
"Glasgow? Oh, I spent a Summer there once with my cousins. And, I must say your home is very beautiful," she said. Lenore turned her head, and looked at the people dancing, and singing. Was she the only one who noticed the room became more, and more crowded? 'Oh, well,' she thought. Lenore shook her head, and looked the handsome man she was speaking to earlier.
Back to top Go down
Lenore Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Lenore Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:43 am

William Stuart wrote:
As I spoke to the lady Hoffman I couldn't help but notice that my identity was surely not a secret. I saw many people looking at me, probably wondering why I hadn't been back at King Henry's court. I try to stay focused in our conversation when suddenly I get pushed and drop my goblet on the floor to catch this woman.
As she stood up and curtsied to me she obviously knew who I was. When she raised her head I saw how beautiful she was. "Do not fret my lady, please stand" I said as I saw her elegant beauty all I could do was smile. "Oh how rude of me, this is the lady Lenore Hoffman, i'm William Stuart, and may I ask what your name might be my lady?"
He was a prince?! The Prince of Scotland?! Oh, Lenore felt stupid! She felt very stupid for not noticing him earlier. "Your the-the-the Prince of Scotland," she continued," I am so, so very sorry, your highness. I do not mean to make a scene," she said. She looked at Lady Craven and, curtsied. "Hello, my lady," she said. From the corner of her eye Lenore could see her sisters childrens governess run to her quickly. "Emily? Emily what is the matter," she asked. The young woman whispered in her ear, and Lenore's eyes grew wide. "What," she continued," I am sorry Lady Craven, and Prince William but, I must leave. My sister has just lost her child," she said. Lenore curtsied, and ran off.
Back to top Go down
Lancelot Guildford
Soldier
Lancelot Guildford

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:01 am

Lancelot jumped back as he watched the woman dart of the dinner hall. "Someone seems a bit rude," he said. He was never a fan of the nobles. They always acted like they were better then the commoners, and thought they could do whatever they wanted. Lancelot shook his head, and took a goblet. "Now," he continued," where shall I go sit," he asked himself.
Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:27 am

Bridget poked her head in, and placed her hand over her heart. 'So, many people,' she thought. She had never done to well in large crowds. Really she was very shy. But, she had to get over that fear. With that she raised her head, and walked into the hall. "Be brave. Be very brave," she said. Bridget grabbed a goblet, and took a quick sip. She scanned the room, and saw Elizabeth speaking to a lovely man. 'No I shall not interrupt them," she continued," I will stay here," she said.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Du Bois
Diplomat
Pierre Du Bois

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:34 am

Pierre looked down. He stared at his feet, and sighed. "Why? Why," he continued,"I always let myself get this way. I cannot do this. I just cannot be this way," he said. With that he ran his hands through his hair, and could feel his head begin to pound.
Back to top Go down
Madeline Stuart
Princess of Scotland
Madeline Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:36 pm

Walking towards the Great hall, I suddenly bump into a man. He must be new at court. I curtsy and apologize.

Forgive my inattention, are you alright, my lord?
Back to top Go down
Pierre Du Bois
Diplomat
Pierre Du Bois

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:47 pm

Pierre lifted his head, and noticed a lovely young woman. He immediately came to his feet, and bowed his head. "It is alright, my lady," he continued," and, yes I am perfectly alright. I am just thinking about some personal things," he replied. He smiled and, looked down at his feet, and then lifted his head, and looked at her. "Oh, and how terribly rude of me. I forgot to introduce myself to you," he continued,"I am Pierre du Bois, and you are," he asked.
Back to top Go down
Madeline Stuart
Princess of Scotland
Madeline Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:57 pm

I smile shyly as i brush a strand of hair from my face. I feel my cheeks blush slightly.

I am Madeline Stuart! Tis a pleasure to meet you, my lord!
Back to top Go down
Pierre Du Bois
Diplomat
Pierre Du Bois

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:15 am

Madeline Stuart wrote:
I smile shyly as i brush a strand of hair from my face. I feel my cheeks blush slightly.

I am Madeline Stuart! Tis a pleasure to meet you, my lord!
Pierre lowered his head, and smirked as she blushed. He thought it was quite cute. But, he was not about to say anything.....he did not want to frighten her. "It is a pleasure to meet you, my lady," he continued," I am Pierre du Bois," he replied. With that he kissed her hand, and bowed his head.
Back to top Go down
Madeline Stuart
Princess of Scotland
Madeline Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:31 pm

I laugh softly as he kisses my hand

My lord...are you new at court? Where are you from originally?
Back to top Go down
Madeline Stuart
Princess of Scotland
Madeline Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:34 pm

I am curious to know more of him. he seems to be a kind gentleman and I do like not to be treated hypocritically, since most do with me being Princess of Scotland. Titles mean little to me.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Du Bois
Diplomat
Pierre Du Bois

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 6:13 am

Madeline Stuart wrote:
I laugh softly as he kisses my hand

My lord...are you new at court? Where are you from originally?
Pierre nodded. "Yes. Yes I am new here," he continued," I am originally from the French countryside. But, as a young child I moved all over France," he replied. Pierre was not going to lie....she was incredibly beautiful. He could not help but gaze into her eyes. His aunt had always told him 'the eyes are the window to the soul' and he knew she was right. This lovely woman seemed to have a beautiful soul. "Oh, where are my manners," he continued," I forgot to ask where are you from," he asked.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:42 pm

Quote :
He was a prince?! The Prince of Scotland?! Oh, Lenore felt stupid! She felt very stupid for not noticing him earlier. "Your the-the-the Prince of Scotland," she continued," I am so, so very sorry, your highness. I do not mean to make a scene," she said. She looked at Lady Craven and, curtsied. "Hello, my lady," she said. From the corner of her eye Lenore could see her sisters childrens governess run to her quickly. "Emily? Emily what is the matter," she asked. The young woman whispered in her ear, and Lenore's eyes grew wide. "What," she continued," I am sorry Lady Craven, and Prince William but, I must leave. My sister has just lost her child," she said. Lenore curtsied, and ran off.

I look a little concerned at Lenore, I shoot her a kind glance as she leaves but I cannot be sure if she saw it With a curtsey and mine in return she is gone and I feel my cheeks burn as I stand alone with The Prince of Scotland.
Back to top Go down
William Stuart
Prince of Scotland
William Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:04 pm

The lady Hoffman ran off so quickly I couldn't tell her I sorry about her sister. I just bowed my head as she left. I then turned my attention back to the lady Craven and called for some more wine. "I do hope her sister is alright." I said wishing I had told her of my stature. I was happy that I was now alone with the the beautiful Elizabeth.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:09 pm

I nod thoughtfully and bow my head respectfully as he calls for wine,"Yes I do hope so,"I whisper and sip my mulled wine as I tuck a golden tendril of hair behind my ear. Poor Lenore-I have not met her before but she seems very kind and sweet-perhaps I should visit her later...see if she is alright?

"When does Your Highness return to Scotland?"I ask-praying it isn't too soon.
Back to top Go down
William Stuart
Prince of Scotland
William Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:19 pm

The servant refills our goblets and I take a drink. "Well i'm not sure, I was hoping to return with when my family did although now that the Queen Liliana is with child there is no telling when they will return. So I may have to return to Scotland soon." I said knowing that as usual I would always have to pick up behind after James.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:27 pm

"Oh,"I whisper faintly-I knew I would not be lucky enough to have the opportunity to get to know him. I fiddle with my golden gilded goblet and take another drink.
Back to top Go down
William Stuart
Prince of Scotland
William Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:37 pm

I smile and watch her play with her hair. "Although I don't have to return unless they summon me." I say with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:41 pm

I giggle a little and place my goblet down on a table by us. His smile makes me feel completely at ease and also drawn closer to him,"Does Your Highness dance?"
Back to top Go down
William Stuart
Prince of Scotland
William Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:24 am

I smiled and took her hand, "Yes, it's one of my favorite past times." I then walked with her toward the dance floor.
Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:44 am

Bridget looked around and, sighed. She was merely sixteen years of age, and in a large room full of mature adults. What could she say? Or, what could she do? Really there was nothing for her to......maybe she should just sit there, and let the world go by her, or maybe not? Ah, well! With that Bridget stood up, and straightened her back out, and walked through the crowd, and not watching where she was going....she bumped into a raven haired woman. "I'm sorry, my lady," she said, and looked up at her.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:55 am

I grin and take his hand in mine as we walk to the dance floor. i straighten my back and try to be as graceful as possible. As the music starts I sweep and elaborate curtsey and recognise the dance to be a volta.
Back to top Go down
Katerina Anechka
Nurse
Katerina Anechka

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Katerina walked to great hall after she's done at infirmary. She took a goblet of ale to herself and watched around . She danced herself slightly next to wind
Back to top Go down
William Stuart
Prince of Scotland
William Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:19 pm

Elizabeth Craven wrote:
I grin and take his hand in mine as we walk to the dance floor. i straighten my back and try to be as graceful as possible. As the music starts I sweep and elaborate curtsey and recognise the dance to be a volta.

I take her hand and smile, I could sense eyes upon us as we approached the dance floor. Although I did not care. I was very privileged to be dancing with the most beautifulest woman in the room.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:26 pm

I grin and notice some eyes upon us-although I know they are not on me and just on him...

I spin in accordance with the dance-glad that I know the steps to this one by heart and can dance it perfectly. I take his hand and begin to spin around and my eyes lock with his...I can only smile as I feel a fluttering in the pit of my belly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Dinner to Whitehall   Welcome Dinner to Whitehall - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome Dinner to Whitehall
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next