The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Balcony

Go down 
+45
William Pennington
Gabriel Latimer
Rose Boleyn
Abigail Denny
Anthony Denny
Victoria Brandon
Charles Henry Stafford Br
Elizabeth Black
Mary Howard
Henry Throckmorton
Faith LeBeau
Dorothy Seymour
Clement Smyth
Philip of Bavaria
Madeline Stuart
Benjamin Baines
Anne Lumley
Katherine Tudor
Anne Parr
Catherine Parr
Edward Seymour
Thomas Seymour
Elizabeth Seymour
Elizabeth Crawley
George Boleyn
William Stafford
Francis of Navarre
William Kingston
Jane Adler
Chandra Knight
Margaret Wyatt
Ursula Misseldon
Stephen Gardiner
Annie Wyatt
Christina of Milan
Cesare Garcia
Catherine Earnshaw
Arthur Bentley
Charlotte Rosenauer
Mary Rose Tudor
Edward Craven
Nan Saville
Jane Parker
Jane Bassett
Charles Brandon
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

The Balcony - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:39 pm

Seeing the man and hearing my name, I rack my brain for him...he was familiar!
The name formed in my mouth and I heard myself say it before I could be certain.
"Charles?...Charles Brandon As I look at him more I recognise him...It was Charles! I smile brightly as I remember him!
"My God! How are you?"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:45 pm

"Charles laughed and came closer to hug her"

Katherine...my little, sweet Katherine. Oh God...last time I saw you...you were just a child. And now you're a beautiful young woman. I didn't know you were at court...

"He said, still a bit confused"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:51 pm

I embrace him. Charles had been a constant in my childhood and as much as a brother as Henry was! "Forgive me...I should have sent word! But I wished to see my family...it was time to end our separation!""
I smile brightly at him; beaming with joy to see him!
"How are you...Forgive me; Your Grace" Smiling I curtsy.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:57 pm

"Charles smiled and hold her cheek in his hand"

No need formalities between us, Katherine. We know each other since our childhood. Just...I still can't believe you're here! I'm fine...I'm married for the second time and I have children. And what about you, little Katie?

"He asked, calling her as he used to do when they were children"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:16 pm

I smile, blushing at my childhood nickname..it felt amazing to be called "Katie" again!
"Congratulations! Who is the new Duchess?" I can't help but beam at him...Charles was practically family!
"I'm really here!...Its a shock isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:21 pm

"Charles giggled while nodding"

Yes...it really is. I'm still trying to understand if this is a dream sequence. My...new wife is lady Catherine Willoughby. She is spanish and...she was my pupil. I would like you to meet her...

"He smiled looking at her beautiful face"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:33 pm

"I would love to meet her!"
I smiled and looked at him..."I'm really here...I'm Henry's sister; I should be here!"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:37 pm

"Charles squeezed softly her cheek"

I'm sure you'll love her. But you haven't answered my question, yet...little Katie. What about you? Do you think the King will arrange a marriage for you soon?

"He asked, still smiling"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:42 pm

I look down "I don't know Charles. Perhaps?...I am Henry's to marry off and give to whom ever he wishes" I giggle as he squeezes my cheek.
"But I am so pleased for you! How many children?"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:49 pm

"Charles smiled and cleared his throat before answering"

Ehm...I have 6 children. But not from Catherine. The Duchess of Buckingham, lady Anna Stafford, gave me five children, two boys and three daughters. I also have an eldest daughter, Victoria... from a previous relationship. She is married and I'm also grandfather to a beautiful baby girl...

"He explained, hoping not to have shocked her with his complicated private life"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:57 pm

Looks at him..."Good Lord, Charles...you have been busy since we last met!" I smile at him, unshaken by his private life...it was nothing on the 'Normal' family life she had experienced.
"You will always be that mischievous boy I knew as a girl" I giggled "No matter how many children you have! I imagine you're a wonderful father."
I turned and looked once more over the balcony; breathing in the fresh air.
"Charles, Who is this Anne Boleyn I have heard so much about...Mary has told me of her but I need to know the whole tale..." I look at my old friend; hoping he will tell me everything I need to know.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:03 pm

"Charles took a deep breath and caressed her blonde hairs. He turned his eyes towards landscape around them"

Well...it's a long story. Your brother fell in love with lady Anne Boleyn. She is not noble, but her family is raising and getting power at court every day. The King wants to divorce from Queen Katherine, darling. And he is fighting with the Pope because of that. But as you can imagine...the Pope denied his consent...

"He paused and turned towards her eyes again"

And your brother the King, broke with Rome and declared himself Supreme Head of Church...
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:19 pm

"Holy Mother of God!" I cross myself, Horrified. Turning to face him, I can imagine my look of confusion and disgust. "He has broken from Rome?...Charles has he gone mad? Henry is a devout Catholic!"
My breathing becomes heavier as I come to terms with the shock. "This Lady Anne...Should I meet her? Is she truly worth all this?" I breath in and out to calm myself
"Charles....What has Henry done?"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:22 pm

"Charles realized how much upset she was and leaned his hands on her shoulders"

Calm down, darling...there is nothing we can do. I don't like Boleyn's at all. And I consider Anne Boleyn a whore who witched the King. But as his best friend I'm always at his side. And...I tried and I'll try again to make him change his mind. You know how stubborn he is. Everything will be alright...

"He added whispering, hoping to make her calm down"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:35 am

Taking some deep breaths, I try to contain myself. Confused and bewildered, I look at him.
"Henry always was stubborn." Taking another deep breath "Charles, would you present this "Lady Anne" to me? I want to see the woman who is trying to depose my Sister-in-law!"
Once again, I look out over the balcony. This cannot be happening! Sighing, I put my head in my hands and under my breath:
"Oh, Henry...What have you done?"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:07 pm

"Charles sighed, caressing slowly and softly her blonde hairs"

Lady Anne and I are not exactly...good friends, darling. But she already acts like a Queen. So it will be no difficult for you meeting her around Palace. Henry even granted her ladies in waiting and a Reception Room...

"He rolled his eyes and sighed deeply"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:17 pm

I sigh, closing my eyes as I process all these things.
"Then I shall go and 'Present' myself to this woman...soon" I look at him and smile. It was wonderful to see him and had made my arrival easier.
"I truly am pleased to see you Charles!"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:24 pm

"Charles smiled and leaned on her. He kissed deeply her forehead"

I'm happy to see you too, darling. Don't be worried for the King's matter. Everything will be fixed. I just want to see your beautiful smile. If you were not...almost a sister to me, I could even dare to court you...

"He giggled, trying to change topic"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:29 pm

I close my eyes as he kisses my forehead and smile faintly. Charles was a dear friend to my family and meant a great deal to me.
Giggling, I smile at him!
"Now, now Charles...What would my father have said to that?! Not to mention Henry and your wife!!" I laughed.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:34 pm

"Charles shrugged while smiling"

What should he say? He knows I always get what I want. Have you forgot that he banished me from court when I married my poor Margaret? But he forgave us...

"He answered, still playing with her hairs"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:43 pm

I look down at the mention of my eldest sister....Under my breath "Poor Margaret." She had always come to visit me; bought me gifts and showed me the affection our father couldn't. She was like a mother to me.
I look up at him and smile faintly "Eventually! You know Henry would be furious!" I giggle sweetly and continue to look at him. "Isn't one Tudor princess enough?"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:49 pm

"Charles giggled after her"

Yes...I think it is. My status as King's brother in law was not important for me. I just wanted to make your sister happy. But...I have been an awful husband for her. I have been not...faithful. So, I just hope being a better husband for Catherine...

"He admitted, loking around"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:54 pm

"I'm sure you will be" I smile warmly. "I'm sure you and she shall be very happy!"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:57 pm

"Charles nodded again"

Thank you, dear. But now tell me...what have you done while you were away? Do you still like riding?

"He asked smiling, remembering his childhood days with her"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:01 pm

Smiling, I nod.
"Still love to ride...It's the freedom of it!" Sighing, I look at him "Unfortunately not alot! Being a good Niece to my Aunt Catherine...but then after she died; I was sent to a Nunnery to complete my education"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Balcony
Page 18 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next