The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Balcony

Go down 
+45
William Pennington
Gabriel Latimer
Rose Boleyn
Abigail Denny
Anthony Denny
Victoria Brandon
Charles Henry Stafford Br
Elizabeth Black
Mary Howard
Henry Throckmorton
Faith LeBeau
Dorothy Seymour
Clement Smyth
Philip of Bavaria
Madeline Stuart
Benjamin Baines
Anne Lumley
Katherine Tudor
Anne Parr
Catherine Parr
Edward Seymour
Thomas Seymour
Elizabeth Seymour
Elizabeth Crawley
George Boleyn
William Stafford
Francis of Navarre
William Kingston
Jane Adler
Chandra Knight
Margaret Wyatt
Ursula Misseldon
Stephen Gardiner
Annie Wyatt
Christina of Milan
Cesare Garcia
Catherine Earnshaw
Arthur Bentley
Charlotte Rosenauer
Mary Rose Tudor
Edward Craven
Nan Saville
Jane Parker
Jane Bassett
Charles Brandon
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

The Balcony - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 2:49 am

"Hello Henry." Mary greeted him with a smile. "It is a pleasure to meet you." Then she leaned her head back staring up at the night sky again. She pointed to the brightest star in the sky as she spoke, "that is the north star, that bright one there. It is said that those at sea use the stars to guide their voyage."
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 12:20 pm

He glanced behind him and gave her a cursory glance, smiling a little,"Mm-hm. You can see that from my home."
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 1:59 am

Mary smiled at him as he smiled at her, "I can see them from my home too. My home is not far from her, where do you come from?" She inquired politely as she looked at him.
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 9:55 am

"Gloucester,"he replied,"But I've been travelling about for a while - and you?"
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 2:46 am

"I am from Richmond and this is the first place I have traveled too. Well so far, but I do hope to travel with the court now." Mary smiled at him then leaned against the balcony as she continued to gaze up at the stars.
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 10:17 am

He nodded contemplatively,"Gloucester is not far from Richmond. Feel free to visit our home when you are on your travels. I suggest Germany - a fascinating country."
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:12 am

Smiling brightly Mary nodded at him, "I will remember that and you have been to Germany? Oh tell me about it. I would love to visit there!"
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 10:04 am

He smiled,"It is like no other place I have been to before and they have the most fascinating theories - especially on the reformation. There is a great many artists and scientist who seem years ahead of us in England. It is a very beautiful place.[/b]"
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 8:41 pm

"Sounds like a wonderful place, perhaps some day I will be able to travel. I do hope so but I am but a woman in this world so I am limited in what I have any say of." Mary sighed wishing that she could change her stars but not sure what she would change.
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 8:45 pm

He shrugged,"I'm not so sure - you are a duchess and so you have opportunities many wouldn't have. I suppose you could always buy your freedom,"he joked and grinned.
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 8:55 pm

"Buy my freedom?" Mary laughed at that, "I doubt my family would much approve. I am supposed to marry well and continue the family but I do hope to do more with my life. I want to be more than just a pretty face." She eyed him then smiled "you have quite a sense of humor, I like that."
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:08 pm

"Never live your life trying to fulfil your family's ambitions,"he replied,"I never did and it done me no harm."
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:19 pm

"You are a man, that makes it a bit easier for you. My family is very well tied in here at court." Mary sighed, as a Howard her family was related to the soon to be next Queen of England so she dared not create any scandals but she could not speak of such things. Instead she just looked back up at the night sky watching the stars twinkle at her. Then she spoke softly, "I must bide my time for now but." She paused thinking of someone then grinned to herself. "I have plans I hope."
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 10:04 pm

He listened carefully,"At least you are hopeful and ambitious. It is important to live ones own life for ones own self - or else we should never find happiness."
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:04 pm

"I try to be." Mary sighed, "it is hard. So my lord you will think me forward but how are you not with a lovely lady yet?"
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:06 pm

He shrugged and chuckled as he thought, who says I am not,"Hm...I cannot honestly answer - perhaps I am abhorrent to women..."
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:25 pm

Mary laughed very softly as his response, in the back of her mind she thought of one but she dared not mention names. She whispered to him, "I do not think you are. But perhaps you have not met the right lady yet."
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:27 pm

He laughed and joked,"Well I charge you to keep an eye out for any possible suitors for me...and you - I am sure you have admirers."
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:32 pm

She burst out laughing at that, he was so easy to talk to almost like a brother. She nodded with a smile, "I can do that for you and please I might have one, well I hope he admires me."
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:33 pm

He smiled indulgently,"And tell me...this fellow, who is he?"
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:41 pm

"Oh um." Mary's face flushed bright red thinking of him and a kiss but she could not say his name. His reputation here was too great as was the chance that she was just another one of the many. In her heart she wanted to be more to him but she also knew that their relationship was too new to say too much so she said only this, "he is just a gentleman here."
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:43 pm

Henry smiled knowingly and nodded,"Be wary then. A man with no name must have a reason to remain in the shadows."
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:45 pm

"He has a name, a very well known name which is why I do not speak it." She sighed, "I just do not wish to make it more than it is for the time being. It is not his fault that silly girl I am one kiss and I am smitten." She covered her mouth at that and laughed. "Oops I meant not to tell you that."
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:48 pm

"You're not silly if you are being cautious. There is nothing wrong with a reputation, Mary - as long as it doesn't tarnish yours,"he retorted and sat upon the ledge and looked at her.

Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:52 pm

"I think his reputation is rubbish. He is not any of the things I have heard if he was he would have ruined me already but he has been nothing but a very charming gentleman. I think many here at court are judged unfairly." She spoke firmly then looked at him, "I do not care if being near him tarnishes my reputation, I judge him worth that."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 24 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Balcony
Page 24 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next