HomePortalRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Share | 

Corridor

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Amelia Atwell
Duchess of Wiltshire

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:22 am

Amelia blushed and lowered her eyes, then looked back at him. "Well i'd have to say i'm pleased that we met each other this night." She said as she covered her shoulders a bit more feeling a bit cold.
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:10 pm

He smiled warmly and brightly,"And I too you."
Back to top Go down
Amelia Atwell
Duchess of Wiltshire

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:40 am

"These corridors seem a bit creepy, would you care to take a walk in the gardens instead." She said needing to sun, the fresh air on her face.
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:36 am

"What happened to the great hall?"he asked with a grin as he began to walk towards a door that should take them onto the gardens.
Back to top Go down
Amelia Atwell
Duchess of Wiltshire

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:44 am

Amelia giggled "Your right I was going to the Great Hall, I suppose your handsomeness and charm made my mind foggy" She admitted truthfully.
Back to top Go down
Charles Henry Stafford Br
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 1:18 pm

Charlie was walking though the corridor with some gentlemen.
He didn't like them particularly, but he spent the afternoon with them in the archery yard.
He had to keep his mind busy by doing something and those men seemed to be "happy" to help the son of the Duke of Suffolk...
At least, he thought, his surname meant really something in that Court....

The young Brandon was behind them while they were coming back the Palace.

He was quite tired, he felt hot and he just wished to go to his room and rest.

Lost in his thoughts, when he raised his glance from the floor the so-called "gentlemen" where much forth him.
But something caught his eyes.
There was a young woman and the books that she was probably holding in her arms were now fell on the floor.
Charlie shook his head and approached her.
He laid on his knees and caught the books from the floor: "I'm sorry... I mean, for what they did. They let your books fell, didn't they?"
Back to top Go down
Jane Ashdown
Governess

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 4:21 pm

Jane kept her head down as she the men brushed past her. They barely touched her but so lost in her own thoughts was she that she dropped her books in a heap in front of her. There was a smile still on her lips - a habit of her shy nature.

She knelt down quickly but already a hand was on her books. She glanced up and smiled politely, picking up the last two before tucking a hair behind her ear,"My fault,"she said simply and quietly.
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 4:34 pm

"I doubt it" Charles replied before standing up.

The men looked back, already quite far, and called for him, but Charles shook his head "Go on. I can find the way on my own" he replied enough loudly to let them hear him.

In the truth, he was quite happy to get rid of them.

He turned to the lady and watched her: "These are yours, my lady" he said kindly handing her the books "Forgive them. They care about anything but themselves" he apologized, shrugging.
Back to top Go down
Jane Ashdown
Governess

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 4:41 pm

Jane fumbled to get the books back in her arms. A varied selection she had wanted to take in preparation for her new role as governess. In truth, the only experience she had was with her younger siblings and so she was eager to be as competent as possible.

She diverted her eyes as the men called back and then looked at the man beside her again. She dipped into a curtsey and said,"Thank you, sir."
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 4:47 pm

Charlie nodded and looked at the books in her hands. They were a lot and surely they had to be heavy. She was a nice little lady, very shy, perhaps even more than he was... She had something that made him feel serene and in peace.

He tilted his head to see her under her shyness "May I help you, my lady?" he asked kindly.
Back to top Go down
Jane Ashdown
Governess

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 5:09 pm

She wasn't really struggling with the books but she could hear her mother's shrill voice in her ear, commanding her not to dismiss 'any gentleman's virtuous intentions.' So Jane offered him two books of the three - obedient to a fault.

"My room is just along the corridor, sir,"she replied softly.
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 5:26 pm

He took the books easily in his arms. They were not heavy at all for him.
"Fine" he said glancing at her with a soft smile on his lips.
Indeed, she was very shy but also sweet, somehow.
It was rare to meet an innocent girl among the Palace's walls.
"My name is Charles, by the way" he introduced himself "Do I... Do I make you uncomfortable?" he asked curiously "You don't speak much"
Back to top Go down
Jane Ashdown
Governess

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 5:40 pm

"Oh not at all, sir,"she replied, keen not to cause offence and terribly embarrassed if she did. He did not make her uncomfortable but unlike her family - Jane was a quiet girl of few words and used only the acceptable amount required as a natural default. She did not possess fluid and flowery speech like her sister. She cleared her throat a little.

"It is a lovely day,"she remarked and glanced outside,"Do you have any plans for today?"
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 6:21 pm

They started to walk through the corridor.
She was little and much less taller than him.
It was hard to get informations from her but, exactly because of it, he hoped her room was not that nearby.
"And you?" he asked turning a moment to her "I spent the afternoon in the archery yard, but the day is not arrived to its end. I could have a walk with a nice lady like you." he smirked "Perhaps, I will be able to know at least her name" he joked.
Back to top Go down
Jane Ashdown
Governess

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 6:30 pm

She smiled, laughing as gently as a sigh,"Jane...Ashdown. Jane Ashdown,"she replied.

She glanced to her book and gently touched the spine, as if it were a creature that required care and added,"I'd be glad of a walk."

She could walk with a man. She had done it many occasions before at home but she would be glad to not have her mother pinching her cheeks and tugging at her hair before she left.
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 6:41 pm

"Jane..." he pronounced her name after her. He smiled warmly "It's very nice. It's also one of my sisters' name. She's very pretty. As much as you"

"Wonderful. It would be my pleasure" he said satisfied

He glanced at her and looked at her gold hair combed in a chignon behind her head.
He didn't want to scare or bother her, so he moved his glance to the books he was caring.
"So, I can see here Chaucer and..." he looked at the cover of the second book "...and Marco Polo! Did you read both of them?" he asked curiously
Back to top Go down
Jane Ashdown
Governess

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Jane smiled modestly at his compliment and tucked another hair behind her ear.

"I enjoy Chaucer. His descriptions are so vivid however I have never read Marco Polo before. It's my father who enjoys his writing - I thought I'd send that one to my brother. You seem very well read, Sir..."
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 6:58 pm

Charles listened to her carefully.
Her voice was soft, quite and limpid.
She only needed to be at her ease, he noted, and then she would have spoken.
"I agree about Chaucer. But I suggest you to read Polo: it is fascinating and if you are curious, then you will discover places out of your imagination. So, please, keep it..." he invited her kindly.

He shrugged: "Well..." he bit his lips "My parents are... quite important" he finally said. He didn't want to tell her about his family, already: he was sure she would become different. "They gave me a very full and various education. Where do you come from, Lady Jane?"
Back to top Go down
Jane Ashdown
Governess

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 7:06 pm

She smiled,"Then you are privileged indeed, sir Charles,"she replied with a bright smile,"So many do not have the opportunity to receive an adequate education to further themselves. I come from Hertfordshire, sir"

Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 7:15 pm

He nodded "I know... I thank God for it" he said distractedly.
He knew he was a privileged, but he also thought that being in his position could restrict him much.
He had duties and hardly he did what he really desired.

"I've never been there. Tell me more. How was your family? You said you have a brother" he asked curiously "Sorry, I don't want to scare you. I'm just... curious" he laughed softly and shrugged "I hope you don't mind"
Back to top Go down
Jane Ashdown
Governess

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 7:21 pm

She smiled wryly. He did not scare her however that comment set her on edge; why should he say such a curious thing? She masked the thoughts in her mind perfectly and broadened her smile.

"Why would you scare me, sir? I do not perceive curiosity as something one should fear. I have a younger sister and brother."
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 7:32 pm

"I don't know..." he said looking down, a little embarrassed "Most of the people I've known didn't like questions... especially when we met. It seems as everybody has something to hide. And perhaps, it is true."

He smiled warmly "I have a big family: I have an older step-sister, a baby step-brother, a brother and three sisters. I'm the first son"
Back to top Go down
Jane Ashdown
Governess

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 7:35 pm

Jane shrugged simply,"An open book I'm afraid, sir...with no secrets or intrigue"she said with a smile.

"What a large family - how nice for you,"she replied as the walked down the corridor.
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 7:47 pm

"We are very affectionate" he said nodding "Even if we... even if we've been living distant." he bit his lips and finally he decided to add "We are not legitimate. None of us, excepting our baby brother. He was born only a couple of months ago."

As they walked, suddenly he stopped and made her do the same. He looked at her with a sweet smile: "Please, call me Charles. It will be our little agreement." he smiled again to make her at her ease.

Last edited by Charles Henry Stafford Br on Tue May 27, 2014 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jane Ashdown
Governess

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Tue May 27, 2014 7:51 pm

"Very well, Charles,"she replied kindly with a grin.

Jane was not phased by him telling her about his illegitimacy. All children were legitimate in her opinion - such a harsh term. She decided not to say any more of his parentage for fear of offending him. She shifted her books in her arms as they turned around a corner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corridor   

Back to top Go down

Corridor
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next