The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Library

Go down 
+31
Dorothy Seymour
Anthony Denny
Thomas More
Katherina Prue
Elizabeth Black
Elizabeth Wykes
Catherine Parr
Anne Bassett
Guinevere D'Amboise
Isabella Smith
Charles Henry Stafford Br
Sabrina Howard
Anne Pickering
Edward Seymour
Niklaus Petrovin
Elizabeth Seymour
Dorothea of Saxe-Lauenbur
Matthew Whitcombe
Mary Tudor
Francis of Navarre
Margaret Wyatt
Jane Adler
Elizabeth Crawley
Jane Bassett
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Ursula Misseldon
Thomas Howard
Diane de Poitiers
Pierre Du Bois
Mary Boleyn
Charles Brandon
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 11:51 pm

"Charles nodded"

Yes...I have a wife and many children that I love deeply. But...about lady Nan, we're not together anymore. We're friends...and she can always count on me. For ever...

"He said with a weak smile"
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Gentleman of the Privy Chamber
Anthony Denny

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 5:46 am

Anthony sighed, "You're an honourable man, I hope you can take comfort in that."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 5:43 pm

"Charles smiled again"

Thank you...you're an honorable man as well, sir Denny. You're young, but also very wise...

"He patted softly his shoulder"
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 5:45 pm

Anthony chuckled and joked, "Careful, you shall inflate my ego so large that I won't fit out that door!"

"Speaking of which I had best be going..."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 4:41 pm

"Charles laughed"

Oh...and I forgot telling that I'm even grandfather. My eldest daughter Victoria has two beautiful little girls...

"He said proudly"
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 4:44 pm

Anthony grinned, "No wonder you forget! You have a very large family."

Anthony thought that the King might envy Charles' sons and daughters. He then said mischievously, "How you remember their names is a wonder to me."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 4:49 pm

"Charles laughed again"

Oh...well, it's not so complicated, actually. I have six daughters and three sons. Of course I can't see them all together...so I can manage it...
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 4:52 pm

Anthony continued mischievously, "Did you have to extend your properties to accommodate such a large family? You must live in a palace greater than this now!"

Anthony then added with sincerity, "Yet...I think you worthy of these blessings. You are a loyal servant to the crown, have raised yourself to a Duke and have gone through hardships. It seems God -quite rightly- is trying to make up for the loss of your son."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 7:49 pm

"Charles nodded"

Yes...I feel blessed, indeed. I love my family. At least I won't be alone when I'll get older...

"He smiled"
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 7:55 pm

Anthony sighed, "That is a great comfort and security."

Anthony then straighter up and ran a hand through his hair, "Anyway, I had better be leaving. It has been very nice to meet you."

Anthony took a step away and then patted Charles on the shoulder. With a relaxed smile he added, "Do know that you shall have a friend in me Brandon...if you need it."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 7:58 pm

"Charles smiled his back while nodding"

Of course...thank you for that, sir Anthony. It has been a pleasure to meet you as well. You may visit me whenever you wish...

"He replied kindly"
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 8:07 pm

Anthony nodded with grin and dipped his head respectfully before leaving the library.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 9:42 pm

"Charles bowed with his head and watched him leaving. Then sighed and opened his book again"
Back to top Go down
Clement Smyth
Knight
Clement Smyth

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 8:20 pm

Clement had secretly arranged to meet with his beloved far from the prying eye's of her family. Knowing that her brothers were only caring for their own status rather than as a family. Clement had to be sure that Dorothy truly wants to be his wife before he would propose anything. Picking a book at random he opened barely reading it as he awaited his sweetheart.
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Dorothy Seymour

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 8:43 pm

It was perfectly quiet and only a few people were at the library when Dorothy entered. "You requested to see me, my handsome gentleman?"
Back to top Go down
Clement Smyth
Knight
Clement Smyth

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 6:28 am

Clement blushed when he heard Dorothy's words, it seemed she was flirting with him.

"Indeed I did first of all are you armed? I wouldn't like a recurrence like the night I came to surprise you. "
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Dorothy Seymour

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 10:38 am

Dorothy felt utterly guilty the day the incident happened "No, I am not." She said hoping that he can forgive her.
Back to top Go down
Clement Smyth
Knight
Clement Smyth

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 10:38 pm

"It's good to see you again Dorothy I was not sure if you did want to see me again."

It was hard for Clement to understand precisely what it was Dorothy wanted.
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Dorothy Seymour

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 12:51 am

"Of course I want to see you again." Dorothy says with a smile "I was thinking the same thing."
Back to top Go down
Clement Smyth
Knight
Clement Smyth

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 8:18 pm

"Great minds think alike."

Clement wasn't so sure how to be himself in front of her. There seemed to be a wall surrounding young Dorothy and what it was she really wanted.

"Have you had a chance to attend any of the court festivities."
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Dorothy Seymour

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 1:18 am

"Yes. I have." Dorothy smiles "I attended the fall festivities yesteryear. I was hoping you were there."
Back to top Go down
Clement Smyth
Knight
Clement Smyth

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 9:42 pm

"I got caught up with some work, forgive my absence."

He pushed back a strand of her hair from her face as they stood opposite one another.

"I'm surprised that you missed me Dorothy."
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Dorothy Seymour

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 11:17 pm

As he pushes a strand of hair out of her face, a little smile forms. "I must confess that since the day you came into my thoughts now and then, I look forward to see you at court festivities"
Back to top Go down
Catherine Earnshaw
Lady-in-waiting
Catherine Earnshaw

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2020 1:17 am

It had been a quiet, sluggish morning for Catherine who, despite her age and seemingly tranquil character, had never quite grown out of her habitual wandering. She needed to familiarise herself with the palace before her anxieties would get the best of her.

The room she entered - large and full of most beautiful books - seemed empty and silent. Closing her eyes, she inhaled deeply through her nose and let the still air fill her chest. She stepped away from the fireplace toward the center of the room as she crept closer to the table with a small stack of books on the corner. She slipped a book from the stack, leaned it toward her and blew the dust from its cover. As the cloud of dust cleared, Catherine attempted to read the faded title from the antiqued-leather cover, and the book itself.
Back to top Go down
Niklaus Petrovin
Count of Luga
Niklaus Petrovin

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2020 11:30 am

Niklaus entered the Library to look for a book about his country, Russia. He wanted to give it to his daughter Esther as a gift. So she could learn more about her family's origins. As he stepped in, the room looked silent and quiet to him. He thought to be alone. But suddenly he noticed a young lady who was looking at shelves with a book in her hands. He approached her with slow steps "My lady?..May I help you?" He asked lowering his voice and hoping not to scare her
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Library - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Library
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next