The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Tree near a stream

Go down 
+7
Anne Bassett
Angelique LaMarnier
Eleanor Brandon
Pierre Du Bois
Coralie Guyot
Christophe Sinclair
Anne Delacour
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

Tree near a stream - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:54 pm

Louis smiled, the soft touch of her skin-he wrapped his fingers around her delicate hand.

"Well...the pope right now has at least three children. Do think I say this is bad for he is a good man, of that I have no doubt. Rather, it is the church that is bad for condemning his beloved to be a mere mistress instead of wife. He is a just ruler of the church, indeed I hear he is most intrigued by the arts-as am I. With the new faith; a cleric could take a wife and have a family whilst still being loyal to God. The church right now, strips its followers and enforcers of their basic human desires."
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:58 pm

She was truly intrigued as she listened to him and she gulped a little "There must be more on this faith." she whispered and she squeezed his hand before smiling at him "I should like to..join this new faith." she admitted to him and she blushed a little.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 8:00 pm

Louis smiled brightly, noticing her cheeks glow pink again and then glanced at their intertwined hands.

He laughed gently and joked, "Perhaps I should become a cleric-preach the new faith if conversion is that simple! At least I'd finally be pleasing my father!"
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 8:02 pm

She laughed softly "If only." she said to him "I would support you along the way." she admitted to him with a small shrug "Then you could teach me and guide me to the new faith."
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 8:07 pm

He smiled, "And the weight of the responsibility would be lightened with you...by my side."

He then looked at the trees around them, "But alas...back to England you say you must go."
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 8:10 pm

She laughed and she shrugged "I would stay in France for a longer period of time." she admitted to him "If I had a reason to stay."
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 8:18 pm

He smiled warmly and glanced down, almost like a bashful school boy, "I can say to you honestly, I should like that very well."
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 8:20 pm

She wrinkled her nose playfully and she squeezed his hand again "And why would you like that, mon seigneur?" She asked him and she tilted her head, her curls falling to one side.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 8:35 pm

He smiled and tugged her a little closer to him, their foreheads nearly touching, "I'm sure you know very well."

He then glanced up at the darkening sky, "My dearest Anne, I'm afraid this is where we must part-but I have greatly enjoyed meeting you. Perhaps we shall see one another again."
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 8:38 pm

She looked at him and she nodded again "I believe that I could quite like that." she admitted in a soft voice and she took a deep breath "Au revoir, mon seigneur."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Seymour
1st Baron Seymour of Sudeley
Thomas Seymour

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 1:37 pm

Thomas had ridden for almost a week to finally reach Versailles. He was tired from all the riding his mind was thinking about Catherine is wondering why he had not heard from her. To be honest his pride felt a little bit hurt too. Here was a woman that he so desperately wanted to marry yet she was holding off on the thought. Noticing a stream nearby Thomas dismounted his horse gracefully leading it to the stream for some rest.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 1:53 pm

My mind was still swirling from my journey and the chance meeting in the nobles salon I needed some clear air, it pained me greatly that I was away from the people I trust.

I walk through the garden and head towards the stream, upon reaching it I kneel at the waters edge and gently place my hands in the cooling water then bring them to my face.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Seymour
Thomas Seymour

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 7:02 pm

In the corner of his eye Thomas could very clearly see a figure crouched down by the lake. Not sure whether it was a man or woman that share the same presence as he did. Thomas made his way over to the crouching figure placing his hands on the trees to help him down the muddy path. "Excuse me". He simply called out to the crouching figure his French a little jumbled to even try to talk with.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 7:34 pm

A voice startles me and makes me lose my footing, thankfully I fall backwards onto the muddy bank. The fall also loosens my hood of my cloak letting my hair tumble around my face and shoulders, I turn to face the voice and see a man who looks vaguely familiar.

"Sir" I exclaim indignantly as I try to regain my footing, my feet catching in the hem of my dress and cloak making my face flush red with embarrassment, "it is improper to scare a lady in that way"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Seymour
Thomas Seymour

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 7:52 pm

Thomas had to stifle his laughter relieved to find himself in the presence of a lady. "Here Madame, let me help you". Thomas diligently made his way to where the lady was his riding boots covered with thick chunks of mud. "I did not mean to frighten you it was hard to tell you were a lady. If you beg me pardon my lady".
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 7:58 pm

I take his hand and look at him, that sense of knowing him somehow now even stronger and I find myself grateful that he is English, I notice his effort to conceal his merriment at my misfortune

"I am indeed a Lady Sir" I whisper as I stand and face him
Back to top Go down
Thomas Seymour
Thomas Seymour

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 8:17 pm

"Yes I can tell". Thomas very swiftly let his eyes advert over her womanly shape just as he did with every lady he came across it was a force of habit. But her hair was white like a fair maiden like you hear about in fairy-tales. "I am Thomas my lady". He smiled while crossing his hands behind his back.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 8:37 pm

I blush further under his gaze and watch his moves closely, I smile as he introduces himself "Thomas" I repeat quietly afraid my voice would betray my own interest, his well fitting clothes showed his muscular frame - he is indeed a perfect example of an English gentleman.

"Mary Dawn" I reply with a small curtsy
Back to top Go down
Thomas Seymour
Thomas Seymour

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 10:39 pm

"It is nice to meet a fellow Englishman out here in the middle of the forest". Thomas studied her facial features for a while trying to think if he had passed Mary Dawn at any time. The name did stand out in his mind.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 9:36 pm

"Indeed Sir, it is" I smile at this chance encounter "Is this your first time in France?" I enquire trying to avoid his eyes "I have never visited before due to being busy at the Royal Court"
Back to top Go down
Henri II Valois
Prince of France
Henri II Valois

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 1:34 pm

"Greeting madame welcome to Versailles I am prince Henri heir to the throne.
"You look cold."
I nod to my guards and they throw a coat around her to warm her.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 2:02 pm

I give a deep curtsy "Your Royal Highness" I gasp as the guards place the cloak around my shoulders "I am most grateful Sir"
Back to top Go down
Henri II Valois
Prince of France
Henri II Valois

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 10:12 pm

"Please dodo come inside out of the cold and tell me what brings you here"
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 12:13 pm

"You are most kind Sir" I reply looking towards Thomas waiting patiently "I do hope you do not think of me as rude and ungrateful Your Highness but I am here with my friend Thomas" I breathe deeply and remove the cloak and hand it to one of the guards
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 12:32 pm

[OOC]

Henri

I should have said something when you first interrupted the story line between Thomas and myself can you please stand aside and let our story continue thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tree near a stream   Tree near a stream - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tree near a stream
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next