The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Pièce de réception du roi

Go down 
+11
Justyne Desrosiers
Françoise de Longwy
Isabelle De Guise
Louise De France
Anne de Pisseleu d'Heilly
Angelique LaMarnier
Madeline De Fontanay
Marguerite de Valois
Coralie Guyot
Charles Brandon
François 1er de France
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 4:33 am

Madeline smiled, giving a nod as she placed her hands together behind her back. "Yes...I wanted the great honor of meeting your majesty, as, though I have never been at court, I have heard so much about you." She gave a slight smile, "I remember...when I was younger, your majesty and all of court were on progress, and you stopped for rest at the nunnery I lived at...I knew as soon as I saw the grandeur and beauty of your court, I wanted to be a part of it all."

She took a deep breath, releasing it, as she disapproved of her mother's past...
"Yes...Cecile is my mother," she nodded, feeling slightly ashamed. "I, however, did not have much time to know her when I was a child, as I was sent to the nunnery at a very young age."

She smoothed down her tan and maroon bodice, "you have perhaps also head of my sister, as I understand she has been a member of your court? Emilie De Fontanay?" she smiled.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 6:33 pm

François smile, still observing her with the intensity of a falcon as she talk, thinking that she seem to be a flatterer, like nearly all of his courtiers. He reflect for recall of the event she evocate, then it's come again to his mind and he nodd.

Yes, I recall now, I did come back from a haunt ... I must tell that I hadn't notice you, I just recall of having see some girls of various ages and nuns ... you probably was a little girl at times seen how young you look now.

He chuckle, amused.

So it's my visit to the nunnery where you was which have give you the envy to join my court ? well, I am glad of it. So I guess that you hadn't come here just in journey, you want to live here, right ?

He frown, feeling a resentment toward her mother in her tone and glance, thinking that she is maybe ashamed about her mother's past, a bit surprised because himself recall having heard that the lady was famous at her time, popular and respected in spite of her statut of mistress and he knew that his predecessor did love and respect this woman very much and have keep on visiting her and invitate her at court at times until his death.

I see ...

He smile and nodd.

Yes, I recall well of her, because I have see her many times when Louis was alive, he did invitate her at court often and she come to his funerals too ... but she have never been member of my court since he have send her in England before his death.
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:30 am

Madeline laughed, tucking a loose curl behind her ear. "Everything looked so lovely," she smiled, "the standards flying in the breeze, all of court dressed in riding clothes, horses with braided manes and a train of hundreds following," she shook her head at the memory. "Who would not wish to quickly be apart of such beauty...of such a court?"

She nodded, "I hope to stay for some time," she spoke, "I think it shall be a while before I return to the English court," she stopped. "...if I return at all," she laughed.

She held a hand up, embarassed, "pardon, majesty...it is just that, I think my mother never much like me, as I was sent away so very young." She laughed to herself, "I thought it odd that she should be mistress to a king, yet send her child to a nunnery." She waved a hand, "but, I fear your majesty wishes not to hear such things," she laughed.

"Forgive me, I though she lived here," she spoke, nervously. "But I am glad you have heard of my family," she nodded.

"And if I may ask, how is your majesty?" Madeline positioned her weight on another foot.

Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 5:12 pm

He smile with a amused air as she tell him how impressed she has been while his visit in this nunnery.

Not you, at last, since it have give you the envy ti be a part of it.

He grow serious, finding intriguing that she have go to english court and then come at this court.

You have go to english court too ?! for which reason ?

He listen to her talking about her mother, comfirming his impression that she resent her, he shrugg.

Well, it's the fate of most of kings's illegitime daughters, it's may seem rude but it's the traditional uses and I think your mother have do it for your good sake.

Thinking that the only thing weird is that Cecile de fontanay have treat so differently her eldest daughter of her second one, then he think ot their family.

Your family is knowed here, it's one of the older noble families and also one of the most loyals and prestigious and aside it everyone at court above a certain age have know your mother or heard about her, so your family is knowed here.

He smile.

I am well, thank you.

He join a armchair, sat on it, looking at her attentively and ask her, feeling that she is complexe woman and wanting to learn about the reasons of her presence here at this court.

So you want to stay to live here, for a long time ... are you looking for any work or position here ? are you here in a specific aim ? do you projects or ambitions ?
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:12 am

Madeline laughed, looking up at the ceiling. "I must confess, your majesty...I think it gave me hope while I was so young at the nunnery."

She nodded, "I wanted to see what all the fuss was about," she laughed. "When nobles and dignitaries would come to stay, they would speak of the odd English court...I wanted to see what it was like so I could compare it to here, but I see there is no comparison."

"Yes, majesty, I know," she nodded. She sighed, "it was...only just that, to a child, a young girl, it is such a lonely and strict life to have to live."

"Yes, I was often told of such nobility when I was away," she laughed, lightly, "yet, I fear I never knew it first hand."

She gave a shrug, smiling, "I am simply here on holiday...I wish to relax in...how shall I say, style?" she laughed. She took a step toward where the king sat, leaning in a little, "to tell your majesty the truth," she lowered her voice. She paused to look around the room, comically, a grin on her face. "I think I should like to find out some things about your courtiers here," she whispered.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:17 pm

He smile, pleased that she tell french court better than english one, while being intrigated by her passage in both courts.

It's evident, I don't need to have go there for know here it's much better. What was your position or work at english court ?

He sigh, thinking that he can't even imagine how boring this kind of life can be.

I guess so, it isn't the better place in world especially when you hadn't choice to go there.

He look at her with a spectical air, analizating her glance, air, gestures and physicial language and from all that emanate from her, he can tell that she seem to be ambitious woman, not the kind who could come to court just for the pleasure of the stay, her personallity seem very different of her sister's.
So he remain very serious, while observing her with his penetrating raptor like glance, as she answer him, surprised by her nerve, feeling as much intrigued as annoyed by her.

Really ? at last you are being frank ... and in which aim would you do so ? do you work for the king Henry ?
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 5:39 am

Madeline gave a slight shrug, "I did not really do much there...the only things that seem to be there run along the lines of debauchery and sin, so I did not take part."

She nodded, "yes, it was very restricted and plain," she gave a laugh, "and yet, I often miss the quiet, if you can believe it."

Madeline smirked, though in her mind she grew alert that she had to hold his attention.
"If you would bare with me, majesty, I should like to explain."

She took a deep breath. "When we young girls, and even nuns and sisters, were at our duties, when we had such freedoms as to walk about or listen to someone play the violin...we would often trade secrets about others." She looked down a moment, recalling "where someone came from; what families they belonged to," she paused a moment, "who was legitimate and who was not." She shrugged, "oddly enough, it was a way to pass the time, and some grew better at it than others...some, like I, mastered it," her eyes flashed to meet his.

She raised her chin, "I shall be more frank, majesty, and tell you that I have been sent by the king of England to spy on your court." She held a finger up, "however, as I am of course French, my allegiance would never be sworn to such a tyrant, childish king...may I continue, if your majesty wishes to hear me further?"
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 10:01 pm

François feel that her severe judgement about english court is sincere and not for please him, he grin.

I am to hear it, english people pretend that their court is more virtuous than mine, but in fact, there is as much debauchery and sins than there can be in mine, maybe even more, aside that it's much more hypocritical up there, everything being hidden as much as possible, which for me is even worse.

He smile.

I can understand it, especially after having spend a long time at english court, myself I do need some calm and peace at times and wish I could retreat for a time, but of course I can't, I am the king. Anyway, I can fell that your time at nunnery have bring you a solid virtue and surely have renforce your faith.

He look at her attentively, surprised to learn that such things may happen in nunneries and that she have get expert to it, her words sound nearly like a comfirmation of his intuition that she may be a spy to Henry and work ofr him, their eyes cross and his grow wider in atonishment as she admit him that Henry have indeed send her here.
He is so taken by surprise that he remain speachless, then as she continue, he understand that she isn't loyal to Henry and don't like him at all, he never heard talking that much badly of him before than from her and he understand that she seem to choice her birth country's interests instead of England, he sigh.

Mademoiselle, I am more than surprised by what your learn me ... I value your frankness and can feel that you aren't loyal to Henry, nor had much affection or respect for him. But I wonder if you would be more loyal to me than to him ?

He feel puzzled as he know that he must be very careful knowing that she is here because the king Henry have send her here while feeling that it's would be more safe to keep her here and that she could be useful here.

You can continue, but I would like to know something : can I be sure if I welcome you at court that you will not secretly spy on me and my court like he asked to do so ?
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:41 am

Madeline gave a laugh, shaking her head. "Your majesty, you would not believe it," she laughed, "when people found out I was from France, they not only assumed that I had been to this court, but that I perhaps was some harlot, selling my wares for all, if you will pardon the expression," she covered her mouth, smirking.

She gave a warm smile, "surely your majesty has time for leisure and peace." She looked about the large chamber room, "I think I would demand it if I were a person in your position," she jested.

Madeline took a deep breath, raising her chin, "your majesty, I am a God fearing woman...not a woman who fears the tyrant king Henry VIII of England, or he and his corrupt councillors...my allegiance is to France, where I was born, and which blood runs through my veins."

She took a step forward, looking the king in the eye. "No, majesty, my intentions are much different than that," she shook her head. She took a seat beside him, pulling up a chair as she looked around the room. "You know of the king's dismissal of the Cardinal, Wolsey, and his great intentions to marry the lady Anne Boleyn?" she spoke, "and he intends to turn the whole of Catholicism upon its head, so he may become supreme of the church?...he has made it clear that he answers not to the pope, nor to any other man." She adjusted the sleeves of her gown, "he knows other countries of the Catholic faith will not stand for this, and he knows their may be war, and that is why I am here...he wants information on France."

She turned her head, slowly, to look at the king. "No, he wants to know information about France, and his chamber members and his courtiers...and I intend to give him so much gossip about his own court, that he'll not have time for his country's business."
She leaned toward him, her eyes hard and serious. "I intend to give him such misleading information, that he'll not know the truth, whether it be from his councillors, or I...I intend to know that France is siding with," she gave a wave, making up a scenario, "the Germans, while I tell him we are allies." She gave a smirk, "I intend to know that France is going to attack at the right...while I tell him it will be the left and that our numbers are small."

She stood to her feet and moved in front of the king, slowly sitting to her knees. "But I only intend to do this...with your majesty's permission...for I shall need your support, if I am to inflitrate the English court, one whisper at a time." She took a deep breath, "if your majesty wishes this not, then I shall desist...yet if you say yes, you shall find in me a humble servant, and woman who is willing to put her life on the line for her country."
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:27 pm

He chuckle.

I am not surprised, it's typical english people's reaction toward a woman who come from french court. It must be very embarrassing but at last, you, you know that it isn't true and being true make you stronger that your ennemies.

He nodd.

Yes, of course, fortunately, but I am king at all time and each second of my life, it's the very difference with most of other people's conditions.

He can feel the sincerity in her words, François had always been able to feel sincerity or not of the people who adress him, this woman really love France and serve it before all, it's reassure him about her intentions.
He listen to her very attentively, not missing any of her words and observing her body language too for be able to detect any sign that would betray a lie, he sigh.

I see what you mean, I am not surprised that he have give you this mission and I know about his intentions.

He sigh and reflect to her proposition.

It's sound good and I am tempted to accept, it's could be of use, but are you conscious of what could happen to you if Henry realize that your informations are falses and even worse that you work for me too ?, you must know that he isn't a man to show mercy and you have to be well conscious of the risks you take in doing that especially since I don't think I would be able to save you, are you conscious of it ?

He add.

And aside, there is another point, if I accept your proposition, could you swear upon the bible that you will be loyal to me, work only for me even if pretending to work for him too and will not betray ?
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 4:30 am

She laughed, "yes, as I fear I attended mass more than any of them."

Madeline nodded, "yes, of course your majesty."

Madeline gave a nod, her lips pursed in a serious look. "I know that the penalty for treason is death, and I have seen the English king's anger," she nodded. She moved her head to the side, "though you could not save me, I wonder if your majesty would offer me refuge in France to live out my days in quiet, perhaps even back at the nunnery if I am ever in danger." She held up a hand, "I know you will not be able to save me...yet I have great love for both my country and my faith, and I dislike with every fiber of my being what this king is doing to our religion...I would die for my country and faith."

She nodded, still upon her knees. "I could of course swear my allegiance to France, and promise upon the bible, as with the promise I make, I shall take its wisdom closer into my heart, and if I should die, I think such a promise would be a relief," she confessed.

Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:58 pm

He chuckle.

I don't doubt of it and you know, I have notice to my own that there is many women who accuse the most others women, often injustly, to be whores, acting like saints while themself in private act like whores, that it's always perfidious creatures of this kind who accuse others women !

François's face take a serious air and he nodd.

Of course, if you work for me, especially seen the dangerousness of this work, you will have a comfortable pension, your own at court where you could take refuge and live your days in quiet and if necessary, I will make sure that Henry's men will not find you in hiding somewhere you would be safe, maybe in some monastery very isolated and keep on sending you a pension.

He take a inspiration and add.

What I meant is that I have not power on England's justice, like Henry have no power on France's justice, if he discover what you do and you can't escape and return in france before to be arrested, which I would advice you to do immediatly if you feel that he have suspicions, then there isn't anything in my power I could do for save you, so are you really ready to do this work with the risks it's content ?

He smile, feeling her sincerity and admiring her courage and conviction, he step to her, take her hands for help her to get up.

Then I accept your offer, you can choice your room among the ones that are disponibles now and at each of your stays in France, you will recieve the third of your pension now, another third before your first departure for England and last third at your return here and if you need anything more, you may ask me, verbally or by letter. Is it allright for you ?

Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 4:31 am

Madeline covered her mouth as she laughed, "I fear the English court is very much full of these women."

She held her hands together, giving a humble nod. "Your majesty is, and would be, far too kind," she spoke.

Madeline took a deep breath, giving a nod. "Your majesty, never in my life have I felt of much significance or importance to neither my family, nor my country...I feel that this is some small way that I may finally feel of some importance, giving my life to help France, I think should be a brave wave to die, rather than to wait about your palace for a man who would never come, or stay in the nunnery while not being allowed to become a sister." She looked about the room, "I could wander about this place, perhaps even be married...yet I think clinging to my gossip, and having to play the role of perfect wife and courtier would perhaps kill me," she laughed slightly, "I think I would rather die knowing I did something very important in the protection of my home, and my faith."

Madeline smiled, standing to her feet as the king helped her up. She nodded, "this is more than enough, more than alright," she smiled lightly, nodding. She looked him seriously in the eye, "...and is there any information your majesty should like to know about the king when I return?"
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:10 pm

François chuckle.

I don't doubt of it ! Even here at my court, we have some specimens of women of this kind, so there surely must be much more of these women at Henry's court.

He smile warmly.

I am generous toward people who work for me, because I estimate that there must be fianancial compensation for important and dangerous works.

He look at her with a knowing look.

I understand, life isn't for illegitime girls when they reach adult age and must find a position or find a suitatable husband, maybe even more for you because your family obviously isn't very present around you for make the things easier for you. So I understand and find respectable that you want to live your own way of life in full independance and autonomy and your need to feel important and useful.

He look at her with curiousity.

So if I understand, you wouldn't like to get married ? and would you like to become a sister if you had the opportunity ? you don't want another life than the one you will have in working for me ?

He smile, satisfied.

Nothing in particular, all what you can think to be important and interesting for me to know. But there is a formality to do before you start working for me, we must go to the chapel where you will swear allegiance to me upon the bible and before god, afterward your work for me will be official, even if strictly secret, of course. We can go now, if it's possible for you.
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 5:24 am

Madeline laughed, shaking her head, "yes, it would seem these women are everywhere."

She opened her mouth to speak, yet closed it, taking a small breath. "I would love to get married," she stuttered, slightly, "love to have children...but I know, as your majesty said, as an illegitimate woman, it would be most difficult for me to find any man who should wish to marry me." She swallowed, feeling sad a moment. She looked down, "and I fear the mother abess would not allow me to be a sister...it simply would not be correct." She sighed, "so as answer to your question, yes, if I could choose another life, I certainly would...yet, as I am given so few chances at such wishful lives, I fear I must make my own."

Madeline held her head high and nodded gracefully. "Of course, majesty," she curtseyed.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:49 pm

He listen attentively to her answer, feeling that it's a delicate topic for her, like something she wish since a long time and think to have to renounce to it, feeling touched by it, thinking that she is more sensitive that she seem to be at first and want to let see to others ones.

Don't lost hope, of course, statut is important but it don't make everything and I know many illegitime children who have marry and at the contrary legitimate girls who have never marry. And since you work for me and will be at court at times, I can favorize your marriage, in arranging a meeting for you with some men of court if I think that you two could please to each others, give you honest advices about a man that you could encounter by yourself and maybe even pay your dowry.

He shake his head.

You are wrong about it, many illegitimate daughters become sisters and I think that if you find a nunnery where you would like to live, because each nunnery is different and have its own rules, I can even advice you about them, you will probably be accepted since your faith is sincere and if necessary, I may favorize it also.

He smile.

Good, so let's go now if you are ready, it will be done and you will be able to start afterward.
Back to top Go down
Madeline De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Madeline De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 4:22 am

Madeline raised her chin, her heart beating quickly as she prayed no tears came to her eyes.

"Your majesty's words and offers are too kind," she nodded. "I try not to lose hope, yet, it is difficult as I long should been married by now," she gave a light laugh. "But if your majesty wished to help me upon my return, I should love your majesty more as my king," she smiled. "Or if you should like to help me find a place at the nunnery, I would love all of your guidance."

She gave a deep curtsey, "yes, majesty."
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

He nodd and smile.

Of course, I will respect my engagements to help you in marriage or in entering a nunnery if you ask me, if you tell me about your projects about it and ask for my help.

He smile.

Then let's go.

He leave the room with her heading toward the chapel.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Angelique LaMarnier wrote:
I quietly await outside the reception room, waiting to be recieved by His Majesty. I am quite nervous as I have never met him before but I have heard so much about him. This waiting makes my heart beat faster and faster....
While François read a few letters, Angelique Lamarnier is announced to the door.

Qu'elle entre !

A servent open the door immediatly and the François put the letter aside and look at the doorway, waiting for the lady's entrance.
Back to top Go down
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:26 pm

Anne waited for the king outside his reciving room feeling slightly agitated She smiled to herself and started to hum
Back to top Go down
Louise De France
Princess of France
Louise De France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 6:13 pm

She stood outside her father's chambers waiting to be announced. Louise was desperate to see her father, but knew she had to wait.
Her hair fell over her shoulders, wearing her newest gown; Louise wanted to look perfect for her father! She adored him!
A servant entered the chamber and said:
"Votre Majesté." He bowed " Your daughter, Princess Louise wishes to be recieved"
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet
Isabelle De Guise

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 10:57 pm

A lady in waiting entered in King's Reception Room and announced

"Votre Majestè, Madame la Marquise de Rambouillet est ici.."

Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 12:19 am

My mind was preoccupied with myriad thoughts and quite unprepared for the announcement of the Marquis de Rambouillet. I bristle and sit straight back back, feeling my face grow warm and the collar of my doublet become oppressively hot... As she enters and approaches, I look down to collect my thoughts, exhale and force a smile before rising and holding out my hand.

"Ah, Bonjour Marquis, comment allez-vous ce beau jour?" I take her hand and kiss it politely. "...Would you like some wine?"
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet
Isabelle De Guise

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 11:12 pm

Isabelle walked into room. She bowed at his presence and smiled as he kissed her hand

Votre Majestè...I'm fine, thank you. You're always so galant. I came to ask you some news about Queen's health. How is she? Since she refused to receive me, you're the only one who can calm down my sense of guilt, mon Roi..

She said with her languid voice and blinking seductively
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 12:08 am

"Merci Madame DeGuise... sa Majesté is well and recovering quite nicely" for a moment my eyes catch hers and I quickly look away. "Do not feel any guilt for what has happened... for my part and that of sa Majesté it was merely a terrible misunderstanding, oui?". I say, yet feeling I have not been completely truthful with either La Marquis nor myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pièce de réception du roi
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next