The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Pièce de réception du roi

Go down 
+11
Justyne Desrosiers
Françoise de Longwy
Isabelle De Guise
Louise De France
Anne de Pisseleu d'Heilly
Angelique LaMarnier
Madeline De Fontanay
Marguerite de Valois
Coralie Guyot
Charles Brandon
François 1er de France
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:05 pm

I give a faint smile, "...my...mother never much truly liked me for her only daughter," I shake my head, "I think she wanted me to stop being a burden upon our manor."
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:52 pm

His eyes widen up in shock as he listen to her, he take a sip of his goblet and answer her, feeling compassionate for her.

Oh my god, it's awful of her behalf !, your mother is obviously misogyne, this kind of women don't love their daughters as much as their sons just because of being girls and treat them badly. You aren't lucky to have a mother like that, I pity you for that, especially since you don't deserve it at all, you are so kind and charming girl, I don't understand how someone can considerate you like a burden, especially your own mother, she must have a heart in rock.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:24 am

I shake my head, slightly embarassed that I have told his majesty such a detail of my life. "No, I understand...I often do not think correctly and I was a burden," I look down at my hands, "I am not very smart and I can be too childish." I look into his majesty's eyes, "I thought...I thought that perhaps my being here at court would make her proud of me."
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:15 pm

François listen to her in silence, feeling sorry for her, especially because of herself thinking to be a burden and wanting to make a proud the obviously nasty mother she have got, he look deep in her eyes and shake his head.

You are wrong, my child, you aren't a burden, I am shocked that your own mother can considerate you to be so and even more that yourself think so too, you are a goodhearted young girl full of talents and capacities, you musn't listen people who tell such bad things about you, even if it's your mother.

He smile slighty.

I understand that you want to make your mother proud ... honestly, I fear that whatever you will do, it will never be enough for her seen what she did to you. I think you should take the chance that you have to build a good life and future for yourself here at court and do your best but without awaiting something from her.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:31 am

I smile, yet try not to blush at his majesty's kind words, "your majesty only says that," I laugh. "And somehow...I know very much that I shall never please as much as my brothers do." My eyes shine, "yet, I know I shall make my dear papa proud."

I suddenly laugh at my forgetfulness, "here I speak only of myself, majesty." I look him in the eye again and smile, "you must've had such a wonderous childhood...full of the magic of childhood."
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 7:08 pm

François smile, feeling satisfied as he can see that she understand what he tell her, he answer her.

Let me give you two advices : first, you should send a letter to your father for tell him what happened and where you are now, the things can't remain like that, he have to know where is his daughter, do you understand ?

He take a sip of his goblet and add.

And second thing, you should enter in contact with artists of this court, just introduce yourself to them, try to know all of them and to find a experimented one who could take you under his or her wing, for began in this work, you should at first participate to other ones's spectacles, as a first contact with public, before to do your own spectacles when you will be enough famous around court.

François chuckle.

It's normal that we talk about you since you have come here for introduce yourself to me, you are all new here so you have full of questions in your mind, I have feel it and I have try to tell you all that can help you to have a good life here at court and myself I like to know the people who live at my court.

He look in her eyes too, smiling warmly, then he get thoughtful as his recall of his childhood and youngess before to become king, amused by her words as she can't imagine how it has been.

Well, I don't know if I can tell that it was magic, but it was very special period of my life, for sure, the time of innocence and carefreeness, but also full of uncertaintly, fears, apprehesions, questions and discovers ... it felt like endless period, and I did look forward become a man and now it feel like this time have flies, foregone.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:26 am

I smile and nod, so glad that his majesty gives me such advice, "I shall certainly take your advice," I bite my lip a moment, "...I am very certain I must tell my papa." I look at him a moment and blush, "I fear I may be so very shy around other such artists better than myself...yet I should like to meet them all...do you know any who are at court now, majesty?"
I smile at his majesty's chuckle, "how very nice it is to know that such a king should wish to know his people."

I laugh, "your majesty sounds so much wiser than your years," I look at my hands, "I, too, feel my childhood was lost too soon."
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:03 pm

He smile and nodd, the sun lighting his face brightly.

Of course, in fact I know all of them, even I hadn't talk to each of them individually, they are too numerous ... in fact, I think that the better for you is to go in the music room regulary, there you will encounter many musicians practicing and probably find among them some with whom you will be able to practice and a mentor.

He frown, thinking that having a male mentor for a young girl like her can be dangerous.

Uh, in fact, I advice to rather choice a woman as mentor, because the women are rares in the world of art and the exemples of male teachers or mentors who have take advantage of their position for try to obtain favours of the young girls that they was supposed to teach or protect are multiples, so it's would be more safe for you to find a female mentor.

He take a sip of his goblet.

Well, it's very important for any king to know who live at his court, for many reasons, and so I try to know everyone at my court even if only of view.

He smile a bit sadly, recalling of his childhood, before to be join court, thinking to his mother.

It's true and especially for me, because I was still a child when my predecessor, the king Louis XII who hadn't got any son have choice me for succed him, arranged my marriage to Claude, his elder daughter and called me to come to live at his court and poursue my education and studies and preparate me to my role of king. So I had to leave my dear mother, knowing that wouldn't see her again and start a new life in new place where I wasn't considered like a child anymore and was expected and teached to behave as a adult, even if I was still a little boy and I have grow up too fasty.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:04 am

I nod and smile, "Oh, I certainly shall, majesty." My eyes rise in slight disbelief, "oh my...you almost make me fear the men of court," I give a slight laugh. "Surely they would not take such advantages?"

My face grows soft as I see the sadness is his majesty's eyes. I wish I could place a hand upon his like my nursemaid used to when I was sad.
Instead I look at my own hands, "...that truly is sad, majesty." I look up, "If you loved your mama as dearly I do my papa, I cannot imagine the great sadness your majesty must have felt...how sad it must have been to be so far apart, and to have to grow up so very quickly."

I give a faint smile, "I hope that with these revels and celebrations...I shall make your majesty feel like a young boy again," I laugh.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 7:27 pm

He chuckle and answer her.

I fear they would try to take such advantage for sure, I prefer to warn you, because the risk is real for a pretty young girl like you.

He think to the poor female painter Artemisia raped by her teacher and then humiliated publicly while the trial because, even if it was a rape, people did estimate that as female artist, she was forcedly a harlot and so was responable of what happened, he prefer to don't even evocate her, don't wanting to make her feared.
Touched by Coralie's sollicitude, he answer her honestly.

Yes, I felt terrible when I had to leave my mother, but I did know that it was my duty to obey my parents's decisions and I also was conscious of the great honour that was made to me, so I did accept without even thinking to protestation and, fortuantely, I have find happiness at my predecessor's court, but indeed, I have become a man very fastly and early in my life.

He smile to her.

I am sure that you will succed in.

He chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 1:31 am

I notice a slight moment of sadness in his majesty's eyes...so small that I hardly notice as he continues.

"It is very good you have found happiness, majesty," I smile, "I cannot wait to find such things that will make me happy."

I laugh, "I certainly hope I will, majesty."

I lean in, "may I ask another thing of your majesty?" I smile.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:14 pm

François smile while listening to her and nodd.

I wish it to you, my child; I am sure you will succed in.

He look at her with curiousity, intrigued and ask her.

Of course, mademoiselle, you can ask me anything.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:21 am

I lean in and lower my voice, "...when I was at the manor, I would often name things I cared very much about," I smile, "...may I call you "Monseiur Majesty?" I laugh.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:14 pm

He smile, amused, thinking that she is a really unordinary, funny and endearing young girl, he laugh after her question.

Monsieur majesty ?! it's really original nickname, I don't mind, mademoiselle.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:40 pm

I give a laugh, "Thank you, monseiur majesty," I nod. I want to give him a hug, yet I know it would not be apropriate, and instead I look out the window, and see the sun beginning to peak through the trees of the palace.

I gasp a little, "have we spoken all this time, majesty?" I laugh.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:48 pm

François chuckle in hearing her calling him by this nickname, thinking that this girl don't look at all like any other one, she is really different, he look at her with soft eyes as she look through the window, admiring for a while the ravishing bronze glints that the sun light in her shiny brown hairs in silence, waiting for her talking again, a bit absent-minded, taken in a soft and lazy torpor.
He smile as she talk again and realize that indeed, it's a very long time that they are talking together, probably more than he can estimate.

Yes ! I didn't realize it but it's a very long time that you have enter this room and I hardly realize that we have encounter today, we can talk togther as if we did know each others since a long time !

Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:59 am

I laugh and smile, "yes, it feels as though we are old friends catching up with each other."

My eyes grow wide suddenly, "I won't get in trouble will I?" My heart flutters a bit as I am certain her majesty shall notice my absence. "Will her majesty be upset with me?" my eyes widen again, "I have not kept you from more important matters, have I, monsieur majesty?"
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 4:33 pm

François smile in hearing her answer, then chuckle and shake his head and put a hand on her elbow.

No, don't worry, mylady, since it's me with whom you have spend all this time, you aren't going to get in trouble. And if ever the queen tell you anything about it, but I really be surprised, I will tell her that it's my fault. But you know, here, as long as you do your work and behave properly, respecting etiquette, you are free to occupy your spare time as you want, even in talking with the king.

He shake his head again.

No, you hadn't distrub at all, in fact, I care of most of my work in the morning and I have yet finish my daily work and I have nothing of important planned.

He sigh and add, the air thoughtful as he think that it's time for her to leave, looking in her pretty eyes.

It's getting late, you can go, if you want to, mademoiselle.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:25 pm

I nod with eyes wide, "oh, alright."
I give a smile and look down at my hands. "Actually...if your majesty does not have any business to attend to, I think I should like to stay," I look up and into his eyes, smiling. "I feel as though I am wide awake."
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:53 pm

François feel happy as she answer him that she wish to stay, wishing to remain in her compagny too, he smile to her warmly and answer.

Oh no I have nothing to attend to and I am very glad that you wish to stay, so we will be able to continue this pleasant conversation that we have.

He look deep in her eyes with softness.

I must tell that I rarely had such a interesting and sweet conversation with a lady of court and I feel as if I could talk with you for hours.

He fill his goblet with hypocras and take a sip of it, savouring it's delicate taste, then ask her.

Tell me more about you and your family, which is your papa's work ?, you have tell me that he was away from home, so guess it may have a link with his work.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:52 am

I blush a little and draw my chin down, "I am glad your majesty likes my company."

I smile at his majesties words and look into his eyes as well, though I look away quickly with embarassment

My eyes grow wide as I smile again. "My papa is currently in Spain, or perhaps Italy on business." I look at my hands, "my papa was an Admiral a time ago, yet when he was no longer needed he began to work on inventions, which he goes about, selling in other countries, as well as directing the architecture of buildings and other things."

I smile brightly, "he was the one who made my marionettes, and taught my brothers welding and craftmanship."
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:57 pm

He smile as he see her looking away, seeming embarrassed for some reason, then listen attentively to her.

Allright, I see, he have to travel very much for his business, I guess that he is away from your family home all the time, isn't he ?

He feel admirative of her father as she tell him that her father was admiral and now do so many complexes and interesting works.

A admiral ! I have always admire very much sailors, you can be proud of him, my child. I must tell I am very impressed by all the other works he is doing, he seem to have many different talents, like yourself, in fact !

He smile warmly to her and look at her face with shining eyes.

So it's well what I did guess, it's from him that you have get all your multiples talents, I admire very much artist and people who are able to make fine work just with their hands and simple materials, it's seem that both you and your father are genious people ! and so, I am very proud to have you at court, you are very important potential, my child, I am sure of it.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 12:45 am

I nod, feeling a bit sad, "yes, he is often away."

I smile, proudly, "whenever my papa would tell us of his stories at sea, I would often feel envious, and wish I were some kind of pirate...out at sea and away from life and its troubles, going on adventures and finding new lands and people and beings," I beam. "I surely think I am my father's child," I laugh.

"I can tell very much that your majesty loves the art, and I hope that someday you will meet my papa, as I am certain he would be honored to meet you," I smile. I blush a little, "I only hope I live up to your majesties expectations."

I look to the rising sun out the window again, yet am suddenly embarassed when my stomach growls, loudly. I give a laugh and place a hand to my chest, "pardon me."
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 12:50 pm

François feel sorry for her as he see her sad as he guess that she must miss her father very much, then he smile, endeared as she talk about her envy and dremans of travels, understanding how she feel because himself have always love to travel and made this kind of dreams when he was little boy.

You know, I felt the same as boy, I did dream to explorate the world by boat, discover all its richnesses and I still love very much to travel, especially by boat and discover new places that i don't know.

He grow more serious and add.

But myself, I would want to be pirate, you know, the reality of pirate life isn't really what you imagine, it's permanent attacks, fights, pillages, destructions and the risks are very important, if they are arrested, they are sures to be excecuted will all the crimes that they commit. So personally, I would have prefer to be a explorer, it's more safe and quiet.

He chuckle, his penetrating hazelnut brown eyes looking in her clear eyes with a warm glance, he smile and nodd, answer her with a soft tone.

I am sure that you will, I am yet fully satisfied about you and I must tell that I like you very much, you are so very different of all these ladies ambitious, cupides, vains and frivolous;

He add, with a sincere tone, the air a bit dreamy.

You are like a unique new white and pure rose that have blossom in my garden among thousand identical red roses.

Hearing her stomack growl, he laugh with her while feeling embarrased to hadn't propose her something to eat with the drinks and he shake his head and answer her kindly.

Don't apologize, mylady, you should have tell me that you was starving, I would have give you something to eat. Anyway, what about having a lunch with me ?
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:20 pm

"Your majesty must have been an interesting child," I beam. "I almost wish we could have played together as children."
I giggle, "oh, I know...I only write about them, yet my papa has told me of the difficulties of being at sea."

I cannot help but blush as his majesty compares me to a white rose. "I very much like your majesty as well," I smile, "I must say, I cannot believe your majesty is so kind and interesting."

My eyes grow wide and I laugh, "I did not know if it was apropriate...yet, I would love to majesty."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pièce de réception du roi   Pièce de réception du roi - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pièce de réception du roi
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next