The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

A drunk in moonlight

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

A drunk in moonlight Empty
PostSubject: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nan was cleaning her room again. She was doing it everyday. She had nothing to do except translating some documents for king. She found Daniel's little diapers in her closet while cleaning there. She also found some letters her parents wrote her when she came England three years ago. She was about to cry but she didnt. She washed her face quickly and drank a glass of wine. It was not enough she drank another one. But she was still feeling like she was gonna cry. She took the bottle of wine and left her room.

She walked to Games garden by herself. It was becoming midnight. There was nobody around. She hide bottle under her gown and kept on walking. Finally she arrived to a bench and she sat here. She put out bottle and took a big sip from it. It was bitter. She frowned and coughed a bit. Her cheeks were getting red. She looked at sky. She could see full moon with lots of stars. She sighed deeply and took another sip from bottle.

Last edited by Nan Saville on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Edward wondered to the gardens with his cloak wrapped warmly over his shoulders. He saw someone in the distance and then realised it was Nan.

He laughed lightly and approached,"Evening..."
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:39 pm

Nan was drinking, trying not to think about something but was it possible? No. Her parents, Daniel, her ex husband, Charles, Jane, Anne, Elizabeth, Edward, King, Queen... Images never stopped passing in front of her eyes. She drank more and more but her wine was about to be over. She put the bottle on the bench and looked at the sky again. "Why it has to be so hard? Why?" She said with a rebel voice. Suddenly she heard someone's voice with a laugh and she tried to hide bottle under her gown again. But it might be too late. She couldnt see his face, he was still standing in shadows. She looked there carefully but her vision was blur. She spoke towards him "Who is this gentlemen who sneaks silently to a lady at such a dark night?" she turned her eyes to sky again without waiting an answer. She shrugged and added to her sentence "Not that dark actually. Moon and stars are so gracious..." she said almost whispering and sighed deeply.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:44 pm

Edward took a seat beside her and laughed,"It is I...Edward,"he said with a grin.

"Who is this lady who clutches a bottle of wine on such a dark night,"he replied quickly.
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Nan didnt even notice that he sat next to her on bench while she was watching stars. Actually she was trying to count it. She suddenly stopped counting as he asked a question. She couldnt hear his question clearly. She put out the bottle again and put on the grasses. She looked at him and got surprised "Oh, my lord! I have seen you here before! You must be... the brother of Elizabeth Craven maybe? Your surnames looked like the same to me" she said with a teasing smile and looked at sky again. She was feeling warm now. She drank almost a bottle of wine. She began to count stars again. Her lips were moving with her murmuring. "65, 66, 67, 68..."
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Edward laughed,"Ah...so you have been talking to my little sister,"Edwards mind reflected to his dear Lizzie...he had not seen her in so long,"Pray tell me how was she?"
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Edward interrupted her counting second time. She sighed and looked around. It was still dark. Everywhere was dark else sky. She took the bottle and took another big sip from her wine.She felt bottle was lighter anymore. She put it down again and looked at Edward. "Why dont you go and see yourself?" she said with a implying voice. She remembered how Elizabeth was sad that she couldnt see her brother often anymore. She was mad at Edward for this. Alfonsina might make him sad but he had no right to upset her sister. Elizabeth was caring about him so much. She was the best sister ever. She glanced at him again and yelled a bit. "And my lord, you interrupted my counting, second time." she looked at the sky, tried to contunie but she forgot where she left. She leaned her back to bench and put her hands together on her lap silently. "How are you?" she asked almost whispering.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:11 pm

"I will-she has been a little evasive of late. I see she is blossoming in court-she is no longer the painfully shy girl she was when she arrived,"Edward grinned and then added pointing to the sky,"You were on 68...I believe this one here...is the the sixty-ninth."

"I am well...infact I am a father,"Edward beamed,"I have a son-Thomas..."
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Nan thought about the things he said about Elizabeth. What he meant? Elizabeth was never painfully shy girl. At least since they met. She looked at the sky as he pointed a star. But soon she noticed he was kidding. She looked down for a moment and smiled a bit. It was kinda sad smile. She was not feeling happy. "Oh i guess i forgot to congratulate you. Forgive me, i'm drunk" she said, looked up at his face and added silently. "Congratulations Edward. I always believe you're gonna be a good father and i'm sure you are now." she said and looked at sky again. She remembered the moment she saw him with Thomas, at gardens while she was sitting with Jane. Did he saw her that day?
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:32 pm

"Thank you,"he said with a smile but noticed she was a little different tonight than the night on the balcony,"I think myself rather lucky...I believe I saw you in the gardens before...I had Thomas with me."
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Nan was looking down silently while he was talking. So he saw him there. Why he didnt say hi or came by? She didnt know. She didnt say hi to him too. She looked back at him smiling a bit. "I saw you both too. I thought it was your first time having a walk in gardens as father and son. So.. i didnt want to disturb you" She said and reached for bottle again. But she gave up and leaned her back to bench again without taking bottle from ground.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:41 pm

"It was a precious moment-I would have approached but you seemed engaged with someone else...are you alright?"Edward asked-a little concerned.
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Nan remembered that moment. Yeah, she was chatting with Jane Bassett. She was such a lovely girl and friend. She was one of the rare honest people in the court. Maybe because she was so new here in England court. She was so greatful for her company that day. She really needed company nowadays. More than anytime. She looked at Edward and smiled. "Of course i'm good, why would you say that?" she said widened her smile more.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:42 pm

Edward shrugged and stared at the sky,"Isn't it wonderful...I think of the stars like little holes in the floor of heaven....each one a prayer or a blessing. A message of pure, naked...fragile hope."
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:45 pm

Nan looked at his face for a while, while he was staring at stars. It was so interesting that he had such an interesting imagination. He thought stars like holes from heaven. It was so interesting. She had never thought that before. She looked at stars and smiled a bit. "Yeah, maybe they are.." she said and looked back at his face in moonlight. "I see you're more hopeful and optimistic than the last time i saw you.. Does it mean everything's ok with your marriage?"
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:46 pm

Edward glanced to Nan and shrugged again. He then laughed,"Perhaps...I do not rightly know. If you were my wife-would you forgive me?"
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:50 pm

Nan looked at him a bit surprised and smiled. "Forgive you for what? Going French for your bussiness?" she asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:52 pm

"Leaving you alone when you are heavy with child-going to another country...would you forgive me?"Edward then looked down realising how it may sound asking her if she were his wife...
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Nan thought about this for a while. She was all alone when she was pregnant with Daniel. Her husband was dead. Charles was away from her. She was all alone with her 2 ladies in waiting at Hatfield. She looked at sky and sighed. She tried to smile and shrugged "I'd be missing you when you're away. I'd need you more than ever but wouldnt be mad at you if you're away because of your important works.." she said and looked at him carefully. "Besides, you wouldnt leave if your works werent so much important, would you?"
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:59 pm

"No and I hated every minute of it,"Edward replied,"I wished myself home and prayed I would return soon."

Edward then smiled a little,"I am glad I came back when I did-I would never forgive myself if I missed my sons birth."
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:02 pm

Nan smile and nodded. "Of course you wish you'd be here every minute. But if you didnt, there must be an imporant reason for that." She said and looked at sky again. "I'm glad you didnt miss your son's birth. I'm happy for you" she said warmly.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:19 pm

Edward grinned and rested against the bench,"I love court at night-everything is so still...peaceful,"He looked to Nan with a smile,"It were as if court were a million miles away and we just in the company of the stars..."
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:51 am

Nan began to feel wine's effect again and grinned. She leaned her back to bench again. She looked at bright sky and nodded "Absolutely. Nothing's better than night." she said and added "at court.." she said remembering her lonely nights at Hatfield. But thanks god those days were gone.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:43 pm

"I sometimes think of leaving...returning to my home,"Edward murmured,"I grow weary of it at times;the vanity, selfishness and greed. I would not like my son to grow up in court but I do not know what Alfonsina would want-I don't want him to be corrupted by the ways of this world when he is just a boy...."
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Nan nodded and thought about her childhood. In Germany. "Raising a child in court would be so dangerous. I was raised in Germany. I came England when i was 18 and.. " She thought about Daniel's birth. She never wanted to raise him in court. "After my son's birth we quickly left court and began to live in Hatfield castle. Away from court people and life." She looked at him and smiled, shrugged. "I love court life. Even intrigues, sometimes.. But i wouldnt raise a child here. Kids dont grow up like kids here. There are many rules, titles, changings.. Have you ever met or talked to princess Mary? Daughter of King?" she remembered the day she met and had some ale in her room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A drunk in moonlight   A drunk in moonlight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A drunk in moonlight
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next