The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber Empty
PostSubject: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Alice and Margaret made their way to Eleanor Brandon's chambers with a basket of fruit and some homemade raspberry wine. Alice knocked gently on the door and waited for an answer, kindly awaiting to visit with the duke's sister.
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:06 am

Eleanor heard a knock upon her bedchamber door and went to answer it. Smiling, she opened the door to see two ladies standing there with gifts it appeared to be. "Good day, ladies. I am Eleanor Brandon! Please, do come in." Eleanor said, moving aside to allow the ladies into her bedchamber.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:22 am

She curtsied and smiled. "Good day Lady Brandon! I am Alice More, and this is my daughter Margaret." She motioned to her daughter who was usually quite shy.

"I hope we weren't disturbing you, we thought we would come by and pay a visit, make our acquaintances."
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Eleanor smiled. "I am pleased to make your acquaintance, both of you! No, you are not disturbing me. I would enjoy your company." Eleanor said, closing the door.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:04 pm

"I know -through my husband- your brother the duke of Suffolk. I have not seen him since the funeral of his dear wife, God rest her soul." She did the Sign of the Cross.
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Eleanor did the sign of the cross with Lady Alice. "I haven't seen him since then as well. The princess was a great woman and an ever better sister in law. Now on cheerful things, how do you find court, Lady Alice?" Eleanor asked.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:10 pm

"Oh court is very interesting indeed, and I am lucky enough to keep up with the latest news of His Majesty." She shook her head, smiling a little. "Interesting times we live in, don't you agree Lady Eleanor?"
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:43 pm

Eleanor nodded in agreement. "Very interesting, never a moment without a little intrigue. What is it you do with your spare time here, Lady Alice and Lady Margaret?" Eleanor asked to see if she had anything in common with these ladies.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 5:16 pm

"I love to read, mainly Erasmus, and the philosophers, and cooking is another hobby of mine I indulge in, but these things I do when I have time. Managing a household is busy work indeed. I love taking care of my family." She smiled as she thought of her husband's promotion to Lord Chancellor and how the family was of higher status and required more tending to.

"But these are the ramblings of a silly old hen. I am sure someone as young as yourself has much more interesting hobbies." She smiled and chuckled, her dark eyes shining.
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:46 pm

Eleanor smiled, they had something in common. "Erasmus is one of my favorites, as is a poet named Dante. I love poetry above all else. I do like riding and the occassional needlework as well. Not very interesting for someone like me, but its a good way to spend my time. Would you care to join me on my next ride?" Eleanor asked, happy to have a friend.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:40 am

"Poetry has always fascinated me, but I am not one of those who can compose verse, it isn't it me to describe commonplace things and feelings with rich words," she laughed a little. "Dante's works are amazing, I read them often."

Alice nodded as Eleanor mentioned going riding sometime. "That sounds wonderful, Lady Eleanor, I'd be pleased to accompany you!"
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Eleanor laughed. "Being able to with verse is my one joy in life. I find it comforting at times." Eleanor was happy to hear that Alice wished to join her on a ride sometime. "It would be a pleasure to have you with me on a ride. If you ever wish to go, just ask me and I will be ready to leave with you."
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:34 am

"Then you are fortunate, and I hope to hear some of your poetry if you ever you would like to recite some." She returned Eleanor's smile. "We shall choose a day to ride, perhaps when it is a bit cooler outside. This heat has been relentless!" she chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 4:34 am

Eleanor nodded happily. "It would bring me great pleasure to recite some to you anytime. The weather is deadly. A cooler day is a smart idea. I will write to you when the weather eases and is more bearable. Would you like some drink? How is your husband, Thomas?" Eleanor asked.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Alice smirked a little when Eleanor agreed on the weather, as she'd heard recent gossip that it was a sign that Lady Anne Boleyn, in trying to usurp Katherine's place as queen, was a curse on the land. "I think we would melt in this heat! And I would love a drink, Lady Eleanor. I hope you enjoy the wine I've brought, it's an old family recipe."She sat in an upholstered chair. "Thomas is very well, he is often busy with affairs of state, he is now Lord Chancellor." She beamed with pride.
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:33 am

Eleanor smiled. "We would take ill if we went today and I wish for both of us to be healthy. I am so happy for Thomas and you, you must be so proud with how high he has risen and that His Majesty trusts him with such a position. I remember how proud I was when my brother Charles was given a great position." She smiled, happy that her brother was best friends with the King of England.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 6:31 am

Alice sighed happily. "Yes, things seem to be looking up for our family. Thomas' hard work and loyalty to the king have paid off manifold, and I am ever so proud of him!" She smiled as she remembered Charles' being knighted. "Yes, it is a wonderful feeling to see those we love being raised high in the service of God and the king. But what about you Lady Eleanor, what do you aspire to?"
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:02 pm

Eleanor smiled. "I aspire to be a great lady and do what is right to all around me and to someday be a great poet. I write verse constantly but never feel I am a good enough writer to achieve success. What do you aspire to, Lady Alice?"
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:14 pm

Alice nodded, her eyes lit up with pride. "You are of the right mindset, Lady Eleanor. You are truly a good woman, and God shall grant to you all that you ask. But I hardly doubt your verses are not good enough. I am sure, given the right person to take interest, they could be published into a fine book!" She took a deep breath and sighed as she thought. "I aspire to be a good mother, good wife, and to take care of my family, and ensure they are always safe and loved. That is all I wish." she blushed as she said so.
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:50 pm

Eleanor nodded back. "You are a great woman to, Lady Alice, and I hope God grants all you ask as well. I must thank you for your enthusiasm about how well my verses are, none other have taken any interest. I do hope to be published one day, that would be a magnificent accomplishment."
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:45 am

"Oh you are quite welcome! But I give praise where praise is due. And you never know, perhaps your brother the duke could be of help in getting you work more widely known." Alice suggested. "Always remember though, God grants everything in His own time. He works on a calendar much different from ours. As they say, 'Man proposes, God disposes.'"
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:04 pm

Eleanor smiled. "My brother is too busy with the King's business than to worry about publishing my works, but I must thank you for suggesting it. I guess one could forget that God is always helping us, but I can never forget that all good things come to you in due time. I give thanks to Him for the gifts He has granted me."
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:29 am

"Oh I'm sorry to hear your brother is so busy. But that reminds me, I have not heard any of your works. Would you care to recite some for me? I don't know that I'll be a knowledgeable judge on the subject, but I shall give it my honest opinion."
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:13 pm

Eleanor smiled. "This is one of my first verses I ever wrote. Its called 'Reflection'."

From the beginning of time
It was always there
No matter how hard I tried
It never left my side
We laugh together
We cry together
We did everything friends would do
It was my ace boom boom
My road dog
Whatever I wanted to do
It was there
It wasn't until it confronted me
Face to face
Who I was really hanging out with
Like I said before
Whatever I wanted to do
It was there
It showed me how we did everything together
I couldn't’t handled it
I didn't’t even know who it was
So word of advice
Think about your actions
Before you are confronted by your own
Reflection
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next