The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

River at night

Go down 
+10
Matthew Whitcombe
Mary Tudor
Jane Bassett
Stephen Gardiner
Francesca Benedetti
Ursula Misseldon
Mary Boleyn
Thomas Wyatt
Jane Parker
Charlotte Rosenauer
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

River at night Empty
PostSubject: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Charlotte left her chambers after the others had fallen asleep. Even as the candles were extinguished her eyes remained open. She noiselessly searched about in the dark for a robe to put over her nightgown and made her way through dimly lit corridors, passing servants who cleaned up the remnants of the evening's meal, and retraced her steps to a path she'd discovered when she first came to Whitehall: a small tree-lined spot near the river, not very far from the palace.

As she rested and lazily watched the moonlight's silvery reflection on the glassy surface of the water, she contemplated her life thus far.It was her family who cajoled her into a higher calling of becoming a royal servant. Become a lady in waiting, they said. You will be respected and even possibly find a good husband, they said. She sighed, No one really knew her. It was so frustrating! She did not seem to fit in with the other ladies, they saw right through her and saw what common stock she'd come from: she was easily impressed and sought to please others. She was of peasant blood and it showed. All the more reason for her to laugh and be merry. At this thought she smirk and quickly undressed and waded into the water, glad to feel its warm touch against her skin.
Back to top Go down
Jane Parker
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Parker

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Jane could not sleep, filled with worry having not seen her betrothed, George Boleyn, in a while and decided to go walk the grounds. She found a robe, but cared not to put it on unless she got cold, and left her chambers. Walking around helped her clear her head of all worry and mind of all thoughts, until she came to a tree lined place she had never been and saw a lady, naked in the water and wished to know her name. She approached the waters edge and called out to the woman. "Good evening, my lady. I am Jane Parker, may I ask your name?" Jane asked.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Charlotte gasped when she heard someone call out to her. "Oh! Pardon me, my lady! I did not know anyone was about!" She swam to shore and covered herself as best she could as she dressed, then wrung the water from her hair. "My name is Charlotte Rosenauer. Pleased to meet you, Lady Parker!" She smiled, hoping this wouldn't be too awkward of a moment.
Back to top Go down
Jane Parker
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Parker

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Jane smiled and giggled a liitle. "Nice to meet you, Lady Rosenauer. Do not mind me, I understand how freeing it can be to swim at night. for I have done it on a few occassions. Could you not sleep either?"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:02 am

Charlotte felt at ease with Lady Parker and smiled,."Then we shall keep each other's secrets, yes?" She laughed lightly. "No, I could not sleep. I suppose I have let too many empty worries take space in my mind. And anyway, I think the night is very soothing. Moonlight brings a sense of peace, I've always thought that. But what about you my lady? What keeps you from slumber this night?" She invited her to sit down on a dry part beneath a tree.
Back to top Go down
Jane Parker
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Parker

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Jane smiled and nodded, taking a seat with Charlotte. "Your secrets are safe with me, I promise. I find the moonlight helps me fall to sleep, but like you I could not sleep this night. I have not seen my betrothed in a long while, he is constantly busy with works for the King and hardly ever comes to visit me. I know not hos so many women can take being away from their fiances or husbands for so ling without missing them or hoping they arent doing horrid things." Jane sighed, hoping George wasnt off bedding women.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:28 am

Charlotte smiled softly at Jane's words. She could not identify with such feelings, and said so. "I have never been betrothed, nor does my heart lay claim on anyone, so I cannot imagine what torture it is to think of such things, and to be unable to stop whatever may be going on. I am sorry you are going through this.. But I think it is normal to have these thoughts, these insecurities. The world is a shifty place and one cannot know for sure their place in it." She reached out and touched Jane's hand. "Perhaps you should seek out your beloved. If he truly loves you he will take your feelings into consideration and aim to please you and ease your doubts."
Back to top Go down
Jane Parker
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Parker

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 4:50 am

Jane took Charlotte's hand in hers and felt tears stream down her face. "I know my betrothed loves me, but he is always busy and never has time to visit me. He is of a high ranked family and I feel that is the only reason my father arranged the betrothal in the first place. You see, my betrothed is George Boleyn. Iwould not be surprised if you know of him already." Jane said, sighing trying not to cry.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:24 pm

She nodded. "I have heard of George Boleyn."She'd heard of George Boleyn, brother to the woman King Henry planned to make his wife. "Oh please don't cry, my lady," she said as she gently wiped Jane's tears away. "You have fallen in love with the man your father chose you to marry, that is a blessing, as most marriages are unhappy because they lack love for one another." She smiled sadly at Jane. [color=deepskyblue]"His business with the king is likely very important, especially as his family is gaining favor with the king. Try not to think on loneliness too much. Once you are married perhaps you will have children, and you will love them too."
Back to top Go down
Jane Parker
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Parker

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:42 am

Jane smiled and sighed. "Im sorry, you must think me a fool. George and I are not wedded yet and I love him deeply. Being away from him for so long breaks my heart." Jane thought of her future children. "If we do have any children, I do not want them to live here at court, I think I will bring them out to the country. To one of Georges family homes. Court is such a dangerous place for children. I know you have never been betrothed, but is there a man here you like?"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 6:13 am

"Of course I don't think you're a fool. Indeed, love is one of the greatest gifts we are given, one of the greatest emotions that we can experience. I imagine it must hurt so much to be away from him." She smiled warmly. "It would be wonderful to raise children in the country, away from all the court intrigue, you'll want them to have a good view of the world around them, and as much as I love being at court, everyone knows it isn't the right environment for children.." Charlotte blushed as Jane asked if there was anyone she liked. "I have met a few gentlemen here.. I don't know if anything serious will develop." But the thought of possibilities brought a smile to her face.
Back to top Go down
Jane Parker
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Parker

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Jane smiled slightly. "It does hurt being away from him and I hear things of him that worry me even more." She sighed. "How children survive here, I know not. I want my children to be children before having any responsibilties in life, I want them to be pure for as long as they can be." She looked to Charlotte. "Who are these gentlement you have relations with?"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:23 pm

She frowned. "What sort of things have you heard of him, if you don't mind my asking?" Charlotte smiled. " And I know your children would be well-turned-out, you have such a care for them as if you already hold them in your arms." She blushed and smiled a bit as she thought of the gentlemen she'd met. "I have only met a few: Anthony Knivert, Arthur Bentley, and Thomas Seymour. Do you know them?" She wondered if Jane had met or heard of any of them.
Back to top Go down
Jane Parker
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Parker

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Jane sighed. "I have heard rumors of George bedding women constantly, it hurts because we aren't even married and he already is doing horrid things.I hope they are untrue." She smiled. "My children are to be taken care of with the greatest of care." She was happy when she heard the name Anthony Knivert. "Sir Anthony is a great man so I hear, I think you will be happy with him. Sir Thomas is too proud of a man, that would be a bad match. As for Sir Arthur, I have never heard anything about him."
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:49 am

Charlotte looked concerned when Jane mentioned the rumors about George. "How awful! Who speaks of this? I fervently hope these stories are false. Perhaps they are rumors set about by people with nothing better to do than create such terrible lies. You know how people at court can be," she offered a sad smile, as she herself was just beginning to see the bad side of people. "Oh I cannot wait to have children, I think they are wonderful, so full of life, so creative and honest. Children are taken for granted so often, they should be loved for what they have to offer, which is more than most people would think. I am sure you would be a wonderful mother, Lady Jane!"' Charlotte blushed and smiled as she remembered her night with Anthony. "Yes, Sir Anthony is a great man, but I don't think he's of a mind for a relationship, and Sir Thomas seemed very pleasant and shy, I liked him as well. Sir Arthur told me of a woman he is in love with, so he doesn't count." she giggled and laid back against the tree. "I tell you this, Lady Jane, I never thought myself a woman to settle so young, but if Thomas or Anthony were to show more interest, I might be inclined to make an exception." It felt nice for Charlotte to confide in someone.
Back to top Go down
Jane Parker
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Parker

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:12 pm

Jane smiled at Charlotte. "All at court speak of my betrothed's frivolousness and I think it all false due from hatred or jealousy that he has been risen high and everyone wishes to knock him down and take his position." She looked at her hands and pictured small ones in them. "Children truly are gifts and thank you for saying I will make a great mother. I know you will one day have children and you will make a wonderful mother too, Lady Charlotte." She saw Charlotte blush. "I see your heart has warmed to someone special, but I must give you a warning. Men here at court are very sly with how they obtain things they want and will take it wherever they can. Please, take care of your virtue as if it were a rare jewel, once its lost you can never get it back or if its been broken, you can never fix it once more."
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 6:07 am

Charlotte nodded in agreement. "People can be so cruel when they are jealous of another's success. Indeed I believe it is idle gossip from those with nothing better to do. Pay it no mind. If you show that their false words have no effect on you they will likely stop. These stories are done with two purposes: to entertain and to harm." She smiled as she remembered her own childhood. "I come from a close-knit family, so I know my children will be well-loved. And thank you, Lady Jane. Once i am settled I would love to have as many children as possible," she sighed and looked up at the round silver moon. "Is it so obvious that I like someone that much? I don't think he feels the same way, and yet I am not unhappy. I know virtue is important, but what of strength of feeling, love, passion? Sometimes it's hard to tell what is right, and what feels right." her eyes widened when she realized she spoke this aloud, and set about changing the subject. "What is your family like? Are they here at court as well?"
Back to top Go down
Jane Parker
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Parker

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:27 pm

Jane caught what Charlotte said about virtue, but said nothing to make her feel uncomfortable. "My family is here at court. My father is a great and proud man, who will take any advantage our family can take. My brother, James is here as well and he is just like my father, taking whatever he can get and not thinking of the consequences. My mother isn't here with us, she passed away shortly after bringing me into the world. From what I am told, she was a great woman and very loving. I have learned from my governesses what a great woman is like and acts. What of your family?"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:54 am

She put a reassurring hand on Jane's shoulder."I am sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Even if you do not remember her, I am sure she loved you more than anything in this world I'm sure she's proud of the woman you've become." She laughed a little when Jane described her father and brother. "I think you described most of the families here at court," she said with a playful smile. "My own family is.. a bit different. I am the youngest of five, the only girl. My father and brothers are actors, they used to travel all over Europe and perform for royalty, dignitaries, wealthy people and even just for fun in the public squares. My mother left us when I was little, and so my papa and brothers raised me. I was quite a tomboy! Then a wonderful lady took me in, Contessa Gia Francesca Gasparri, of Venice. She is who I consider my real mother." Charlotte smiled at the thought of her dear friend.

"How I babble on! Please, forgive me!" she laughed.
Back to top Go down
Jane Parker
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Parker

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Jane smiled. "Thank you. I know my mother would be proud of what has happened to me and would be happy that I am to wed someone ranked high." Jane laughed with her. "All families are too proud here and I understand not why they have to behave as such. Though I am marrying into the Boleyn family, they are the most proud family here and I am scared I will be hurt from marrying into them." Jane patted Charlotte's shoulder. "No need to apologize, we all get carried away once in a while."
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:39 am

Charlotte smiled at the gesture, and tilted her head. "So, what are the Boleyns really like? I've met the Lady Anne in passing, when I saw the king. We were told she wasn't very attractive but I think she's beautiful. It must have taken her family long hours of scheming and plotting to get her where she is today." She looked at Jane. "I hope you will not be hurt by any of them. You deserve none of that." She said firmly.
Back to top Go down
Jane Parker
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Parker

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:26 pm

Jane smiled, thinking of the Boleyns. "The Boleyn's are a great family and think of no one but their selves and their family. I know I shall be happy with them. The Lady Anne is a rare beauty indeed, her dark eyes and hair is what I believe has drawn His Majesty to her and is what intrigues him the most. I think they are a good match, but they both have the same countenances, they both are proud and get jealous easily. I think I like the Lady Mary most of the Boleyns, she is so sweet and kind and isn't as frivolous as her family is." Jane yawned, feeling tired and in need of sleep.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Charlotte listened intently as Jane spoke of the social-climbing Boleyn family. "If George makes you happy then that is all that matters. I can see how Anne would have a temper, but I think if she is to keep her place at the king's side she should adopt a more.. docile attitude. Only my opinion though. As for Mary, I heard she was the king's mistress a few years ago.. I would think that would make for an awkward situation between her, Anne and the king." She giggled. As she noticed Jane yawning she asked "Are you quite sleepy yet? It is getting rather late. And you've been kind to talk to me and keep company with me." Charlotte smiled, glad to have made a friend.
Back to top Go down
Jane Parker
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Parker

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Jane wanted to forget about the Boleyn family for a while, so she dropped the subject of them. She smiled because she was getting tired and was happy to talk with someone like Charlotte. "Yes, I am quite tired now. It is getting very late and if I do not leave now, I will fall to sleep out here." She stood and ad curtsied small. "Good night, Lady Charlotte. Thank you for listening to my worries and for the comfort it gave me for talking of them. You are a great friend." She turned to leave and walked towards the palace to her chambers.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Wyatt
Poet
Thomas Wyatt

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Thomas, take a walk by the river's bank shortly after the night have fall like a darkblue veil, he savour the simple pleasure to take a breath of fresh air after hours spend at working in his new poems locked in his room like a ermit.
He do look at the pretty landscape around him, the sky is clear and full of stars, the river seem calm and there isn't other noises than his the very light noise of his own steps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

River at night Empty
PostSubject: Re: River at night   River at night I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

River at night
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next