The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:46 am

Charlotte had heard Gia was at court and went immediately to her friend's chambers. Excitedly she knocked on the door and as she waited she smoothed out the dark blue skirt of her dress and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. She hoped she looked presentable enough.

"Gia? It's me, Charlotte!" she could not keep the joy from her voice
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:38 pm

I stand from my seat at a writing table, upon the arrival of my pupil and give a curtsey, "Little Lotte," I smile.

Yet I give her a stern look, as a mother would her daughter, "you are a lady now, you must remember to curtsey, even to those you know personally."
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 3:27 am

She smiled at Gia's nickname for her: "Lotte". As she reminded her to show respect by curtsying, Charlotte dipped into a graceful sweep of a curtsy. "Forgive my slip of manners, my lady. I was just overjoyed at the thought of seeing you again." She smiled at her greatest friend, who was also so much like a mother to her.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 4:48 pm

I am pleased and nod.
Yet suddenly laugh and throw my arms wide, "now, come give me a hug!" I laugh.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 10:44 pm

She laughed and embraced Gia. "Oh, how I've missed you!" she exclaimed. Standing back, still holding onto her, she regarded her mentor. "You look well! I hope your voyage from Venice was not too arduous."
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:59 pm

I give a wave and laugh, "Oh, you are only saying that," I place my hand to my heart, "frankly, I cannot stand to travel such a ways, and sit for so long," I laugh.

I note the dress she wears, the richness of the blue and note its modesty. "You are looking very lovely...very ladylike," I smile. I give a serious look and hold up a finger, "which is very good...I had hoped you were not following such fashion trends as showing too much wrist, or lowering your bodice."

I give a laugh, knowing she is still so very young, and may very well wish to dress young, yet I point to a table and chairs near the window. "Please, sit, sit!" I laugh. "You must tell me how you find court."
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:47 pm

Charlotte smiled at Gia's modesty. "I never say a thing I don't mean, you are a lovely woman." She nodded as she knew of Gia's dislike of grueling traveling distances. "In such case I hope you will stay as long as you please, the better to stave off such difficult traveling!" She relished the thought of getting to spend more time with her.

"I am glad you approve of my dress. I haven't the brazenness to wear things that reveal too much," she said, laughing a little and blushing. As they sit at the table she sighed and smiled. "Oh, court is so different from what everyone thinks. While everyone has been friendly, there is always a sense of never quite knowing where you stand. Often I feel I am being secretly judged.." Her voice trailed off as it frowned.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:01 am

I give a wave and a laugh, "oh, my dear, as long as you are in the eyes and of your fellow nobles and courtiers, you shall always be watched," I laugh again, "and you are a pretty young woman, of course you shall be watched."
I hold up a finger, "which reminds me, I must ask." I give Lotte a serious yet comical look, "Have you any suitors?" I grin.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 7:58 pm

She smiled and sighed. "I suppose I shall get used to being observed, in time." When Gia mentioned suitors Charlotte gives a warm laugh. "No, no suitors as yet. But I am in no hurry to marry. And anyway, I think most men want a woman who is clever and refined." She smiled at Gia, whom she thought the epitome of charm and grace. "I also think, if I fell in love I would be infected with its poison..
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:14 pm

I give another wave, "oh, my dear, you are as clever as they come, and still very young," I give a laugh, "I am glad you are, however, not so occupied in the pursuit of suitors...it shows me you are true to your duties as lady in waiting."
I glide to the foot of my bed where my trunks have been placed, and reach into the smaller one, pulling out a large chest. I reach inside and draw out a bottle filled with white wine along with two goblets of my own, which I normally take when on holiday. I glide back to the table and take a seat, opening the bottle and pouring Charlotte a glass.
"Pardon, I felt as though I could use a bit of color this morning from my journey," I give a faint laugh and pour my own glass. "My mother often took only white wine in the mornings, saying it was lighter than red, which she reserved for evenings."
I take a sip from my goblet, "my dear, I must inform you, that love is such a poison." I give a laugh, "it is poisonous in that it infects us all at some point of time...and in that time, little Lotte, you should not be afraid to refuse the antidote and let it take hold of you."
I give a warning look, "yet you must be careful, and always remember a lady must retain her virtue at all costs."
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:46 pm

"I owe much of my cleverness to you, my lady. And you are right, I care more about serving my mistress than finding a husband. I've only just begun this life of my own. But... from time to time my eyes alight on a handsome face or my ears perk up at the sound of a man's deep, resonant voice." Charlotte blushed a little.

She smiled and thank Gia as she poured her a glass of wine. "I shall have to remember that: white wine in the afternoon and red at night." She took a sip and enjoyed the sweet fruity taste. She also took into account Gia's words about love. She recalled the time, not long ago, when she thought someone had stolen her heart, but she knew she must put that memory away and let it be just that - a memory. At hearing again of the importance of virtue, Charlotte knew it was the second time someone had warned her against giving it away. A pained look crossed her face, but she instantly brightened up and smiled. "I shall always keep that in mind, that virtue is priceless. And, to go back to the topic of love, won't you tell me how you met your late husband? That is, if you don't mind telling the story."
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 5:10 pm

"Ahh, when I was your age, I truly knew the feeling," Gia gave a sigh, "yet that was such a time ago," she laughed.
"And it is not only priceless, but-," Gia stopped and gave a faint smile, "no, I mustn't say that."

Gia threw her head back and gave a faint laugh, "oh, you do not want to hear about that old story," she waved a hand. "It is far too embarassing," she placed a finger on her chin.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:05 am

She took another sip of wine. "No, please go on. Tell me, what else virginity is to a woman, apart from being priceless." This was a conversation she hadn't got to have with many people - her father and brothers had never dared speak to her of it, only warned her of the perils of being taken away by a strange man and never to be seen again.

Charlotte laughed when Gia did; Gia's laughter was infectious. "Oh, come on.. please? I love to hear stories of how people met..' She looked up at her friend and pouted, gave her the puppy dog eyes. "Please...?" She cracked a little smile.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Gia leaned in, "well...I was going to say it is also a bargaining tool." She lowered her voice, "when a suitor fancies you, he must choose between you, or one of the hundreds of other wanton ladies at court...he will choose you, because those women are good for a night, yet ladies with strong virtue, are the ones who shall be always true to their husband for their purity," she gave a smile.

Gia gave a laugh, placing a hand on her chest, "oh, alright, alright."

“Well, back when I was only Gia Francesca Sabatino, and Venice was very dark and rather frightening, to tell you the truth…I remember my brother and family were invited to the manor of the Conde de Venice, Rodrigo Leonardo Gasparri.”
Gia gave a smile as she recalled, “we were to spend a marvelous weekend at his manor in the country, and were to occupy our days, along with the rest of the nobles, hunting and feasting, and would be entertained by bear-baiters and acrobats, and even a few gypsies.” She leaned in toward Charlotte, “well, the day of the hunt, in those days it was very rare that a lady should ride even side saddle alone upon a horse without a man’s aid…yet, I insisted and intended to ride alone as I wanted to enjoy the hunt.”
“I was with Rodrigo’s party of hunters, along with my brother, and we were heading fastly into the clearing after a large stag and I was very much ahead of the group, with his lord, Count Rodrigo.” Gia smiled again, “he and I were alone in the woods, keeping an eye out for the stag, when the beast jolted past my horse, causing her to spook and take to her hind legs.” Gia burst into laughter, “I fell off, but that wasn’t the embarrassing part,” she leaned closer to Charlotte, “you see, when no one was looking, I rode astride my horse, and because of that, my foot was caught in the stirrup, and when I fell backward, my leg still remained attached to the horse.”

Gia shook her head in laughter, “the horse dragged me for a while and I am certain I passed out…because the next thing I remember, was being carried by Rodrigo, back to his manor…and when I awoke again, I was in my guest chamber, in bed, my leg propped up and head bandaged…and him by my side, asking if I were feeling better,” she smiled, her hand to her heart. Gia gave a faint smile, “after that he sort of kept a watchful eye on me…and when I returned home to Venice, he would stop by to visit my family and I, and we would walk about the canals, talking, just talking…”
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 8:24 pm

"A bargaining tool.." she said thoughtfully. "I had never thought of it that way.." She thought of herself as in a game of poker, and imagined the cards she held slipping away, representing all that had happened the last month, until she had a hand of very little value left to play with. She shook her head, saving those worries for another day.

Leaning in to listen to the contessa's story, she became wrapped in the story, imagining Gia as a young woman, Charlotte's own age, and imagined the sprawling country house the conde owned. She remembered the conde's portrait from Gia's gallery at the Venetian palazzo: he'd been very handsome and Gia must have loved him immensely. She laughed aloud as Gia told of how she'd been dragged by the horse, one foot still attached to the stirrup. "I can imagine you must have been mortified! But I cannot imagine you riding astride!" she said teasingly. Charlotte's heart softened and her eyes turned dreamy as Gia spoke of the growing love between her and Rodrigo. "You were so blessed, my lady. The count must have loved you so deeply," she sighed, resting her chin on her hand.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:00 pm

Gia waved her hand, "well I was younger then, and not yet adapted to the complete ways of a lady," she laughed.

"And I believe I was very much blessed," Gia nodded, "and I like to believe Rodrigo loved my very much...he showed it everyday,with simple things and simple looks, that to the day, could stop my heart from beating."

Gia smiled at seeing Charlotte's starry gaze, "...who is this man whom did catch your eye?"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:16 am

Charlotte smiled. "I hope to someday be as great a lady as you," she said meaningfully.

She saw Gia's whole demeanor change when she spoke of Rodrigo. "He must have been your soul mate. I know he must have loved you with every fiber of his being. You've just described to me a man who had eyes for no one else but you, and cared enough even in the small ways. That sort of love is overpowering."

A nervous laugh left Charlotte's lips as Gia caught on to her and her stomach formed a knot, yet she kept a smile. "Oh, I did meet a man while I was in England. He was very handsome and very kind. We spent a lovely few hours together." she smiled at Gia. "In fact, I've not felt the same since I left him. I am tired most days, or feel ill.." Just saying it made her feel unwell again and her face grew pale.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:41 pm

"Oh, my dear, you are becoming one faster than you think," Gia smiled, placing a hand upong Charlotte's.

Gia smiled, giving a slight sigh, "I am certain he was my soulmate...certain he was molded by God himself for me, and I, for him." She nodded, "I was one of the lucky ones...one of the ones with not only a faithful and loving husband, but the kind of love that fairy tales are based on," she smiled.

Gia gave a laugh, noticing Charlotte's sudden change in color. "I know that feeling," she nodded, "not quite butterflies, but something bigger...when you see them your heart jolts and you feel ill...your eyes grow wide and your breath quickens," she laughed. She awwwed, "aww, and I am certain he felt the same for you...afterall, your were a visiting lady of an exotic and beautiful court...with exotic and lovely features." Gia took a sip from her goblet, "yet, I have heard the ladies of the English court are quite wanton...I am certain he not only fell for your looks and demeanor, but also the advantage you have at having retained your virtue...something he is probably not used to at court."
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:51 pm

"Do you really think so?" Charlotte brightened, and gently squeezed Gia's hand. "I shall always be mindful that you are the one who helped me become such a woman."

She sighed. "Oh, my lady it sounds as though you were truly a match made in heaven. It is very rare for a husband to be so loyal, and I am glad you had a man so devoted in every way. I wish I had known him, he seems truly wonderful."

Smiling sheepishly, she said "That was exactly how I felt when I saw him, and how I feel even thinking about him. Perhaps most men want what is out of reach because they cannot have it? I was only there a short time, perhaps my novelty attracted him. Either way I was lucky." She gave a sigh and wished she could tell her dear friend what happened between her and the gentleman, but she was afraid to lose value in Gia's eyes. "I don't feel very well.." she whispered, feeling nausea rising.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Gia smiled, "my dear little Lotte, I have seen you walk with the grace of a lady and you speak with a gentle tone and dress modestly yet still very fashionably," she laughed, "if that is not what a true lady is...I must say, you remind me of when I was your age, when I was but a lady."

Gia smiled, again, placing a hand at her heart. "Yes, I truly was lucky...and I wish you could have met him as well, as I know he would have treated you like a daughter, as we had no children of our own." She paused, giving a sad face, yet gave a laugh, "he would have doted upon you so...I fear you would have been very spoiled."

Gia nodded, "ohhh, men often want what they cannot have," she agreed. "Oh my, perhaps you not be drinking," Gia laughed, standing and placing the bottle back into her trunk. She looked at Charlotte with concern, "is something the matter, child?"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:07 pm

She smiled widely, eyes bright. "Truly? That is the best compliment I've had, my lady. Sometimes I think, if not for your guidance I might be a fishmonger's wife, or worse, a prostitute!"

She laid a hand upon her cheek. "Sometimes when I was a child I would imagine what other lives I could lead. I had a fractured family, a broken existence and a meandering soul. But I like to think in another time was your daughter." she gave a soft laugh. "I suppose I might have been spoiled. But that's the wonderful thing about growing up with nothing: you learn to appreciate absolutely everything you are given."

"Oh, I believe that!" she said laughing. "I had only one glass, Queen Eleanor would not like her ladies to be tipsy while we are at her call, even at a feast." She blushed and shook her head as she forced herself to feel well again. "I think I am just getting used to the cuisine here again, everything tastes different after England's food." She didn't want to worry Gia too much.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:20 pm

Gia frowned a bit, placing a hand to her heart, "oh, my dear, you mustn't ever think things like that."

Gia smiled at the wisdom Charlotte had clearly learned from her time as a child to her present self, and she stood to her feet. "That reminds me of something." Gia glided back to her trunk and opened it, bringing out a cloth covered jewelry box. She walked back to the table taking a seat, and handed the box to Charlotte, "something for you, my dear," she smiled. [/color]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"It is made of Venetian glass...I had an exact one when I was a lady at your age," she smiled.

Gia threw her head back and laughed, "yes, I imagine it would be quite appalling if all the ladies acted as such and behaved so," she shook her head, [color=violet]"it is good you only had one glass," she laughed again.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:18 am

She smiled. "I know, I am just glad I had such a chance to be under your tutelage."

As she opened the jewelry box her eyes grew wide."Ohh.. my lady it is so beautiful! Thank you!" she delicately touched the glass pendant, admiring how the colors played and shifted in the light. "It is such a precious gift.. it means so much to me," she let the glass cool her hand before she put on the necklace, and the pendant rested perfectly upon her chest. "You had one just like it? Now we have this as a link that binds us."

"It would be appalling to other women, but I imagine it would be entertaining for the men!" Charlotte laughed along with Gia. "I never drink very much anyway, there is too much to life to spend it in a haze of wine."

Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:42 pm

"Oh, my dear, I am so very glad to have had a ward like you," she smiled, "a daughter like you."

Gia smiled, "yes, I had one from my papa when I had become a lady." She smiled at the memory, "he would say, that though I was so far from home while at court, the glass could always remind me of the clearness of the waters of the canals."

Gia placed a hand over her mouth as she laughed, yet shook her head to contain herself. "Oh, my, yes, quite a spectacle," she laughed. "And it is good you do not...that is a very good belief to live by."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next