The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall

Go down 
+7
Mary Dawn
Margaret Sheldon
Charlotte Rosenauer
Margaret Wyatt
Jane Bassett
Ursula Misseldon
Geoffrey Lonshord
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 6:46 pm

With my recent worries now fading I feel able to enjoy my role as Lady in waiting to our new Queen, I walk towards her chambers with thoughts of the new season upon us and how nice it would be to have some seasonal decorations adorning the walls

I enter the hall and see the Lady Mary already at work, I smile and approach "My Dear Lady, I am most happy to see you" I curtsy
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 8:27 pm

Mary turned her head when she heard Lady Dawn's voice "Lady Dawn! They let you go." She says as she steps off a stool to give her a hug.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 12:32 pm

I heard of my niece Mary was here waiting for Anne and so I went to see her.
"Mary my dear niece where have you been I have been looking for you.
I turn to the lady Dawn.
"My lady".
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 7:53 pm

"Yes my Lady, I thank you for the help you gave me" I whisper as we embrace, I knew deep down that I would be forever thankful towards Lady Mary.

I feel a chill down my spine as I recognise the Voice of my Lord Norfolk, I turn my face away and curtsey in reply and move to another part of the hall
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 12:02 am

"Are you alright? Mary says with concern as she placed her hand upon Mary's shoulders to look for any sign of emotional damage

(OOC:Please Do Not Interrupt us,Thomas.)
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 11:57 am

I try and smile but fear my eyes will betray my inner feelings of fear "I....I am just a little startled my Lady" I whisper in reply "Tis the first time I have seen your Uncle since the trouble"
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 2:51 am

"As long as we pretend he doesn't exist, he'll go away." Mary says  "Now, tell me all about it if you don't mind." She says quietly as they move to a hidden spot.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 1:51 pm

I knew what my niece would want for me too leave.

"I sit down in a chair and wait for them to finish.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 10:46 am

I follow Lady Mary and wait for her to sit before I, I breathe deeply before trying to explain how I feel

"My Lady I have only ever wished to be a good servant and I fear that I shall be unable to serve your sister in a fitting way since your Uncle...." I look down and blink back tears "I am scared of him and feel he is always watching me"

I glance over towards the Duke "As much as I want to stay here in court, I fear I must leave in order to get away from him"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 1:26 pm

I was in a hurry and after seeing her look at me I left and went to continue my court duties at Whitehall.
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 1:32 am

"I understand." Her words didn't surprise Mary "I know a place or two where you can relocate safely."
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 10:23 am

I smile "Again my Lady you have come to my rescue" I reply "I would be most grateful to you although I would hate to leave Her Majesty I must get away from your Uncle.....he is making my life most difficult"

I stand and look around the hall and notice that the atmosphere had improved considerably since the Duke had left, I turn to Lady Mary "Shall we continue our task of brightening the hall?"
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 12:49 am

"It's no trouble at all, I can think of a way with my sister, If you would like." Mary says. She then looks at the already decorated space " the hall would be too bright if we add one more." Mary looks back at Lady Dawn "I'm sure you would want to do something better after what you've been through." She says with a smile
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 3:32 pm

I smile "Just proves how much I have on my mind" I look at the decorations and begin to think of how the court will soon be busting full of life and my heart feels the sadness that because of all the trouble I might be missing it

"I would like to tell Her Majesty myself if you do not mind joining me" I ask Lady Mary
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 3:06 pm

"I would love to." Mary says with a smile
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 3:41 pm

I just hope your Uncle has not spoken to Her Majesty and has told her the lies he told Master Cromwell I whisper I have tried so hard to be a good Lady in waiting and I know that any hint of scandal would not only taint myself but Her Majesty

I look at the Lady Mary I am most thankful to have your support
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 12:28 am

"You are most welcome." Mary smiles "Afterall, Ladies do look out for each other."
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 3:31 pm

I shall always do my best to support you my Lady, you can rely on me I smile and reply with grateful thanks

Although I now feel more at ease having the Lady Mary's support I can not help but wonder what I am yet to face
Back to top Go down
Margery Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Margery Seymour

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Margery was seated with several other ladies in waiting silently hemming Anne Boleyn's coronation dress. Lots of things were going on for instance. The rooms were all being refurbished and made ready for when Anne would finally be Queen which wouldn't be long now. Margery hoped that people from all corners of England would come and show their support not only to Anne but for their king also. It was their duty after all to support the king, he had done well in his reign to keep the war off English shores.
Back to top Go down
Sabrina Howard
Midwife
Sabrina Howard

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 4:45 pm

Sabrina was asked to wait until the Queen of England called her into birthing chamber. She felt incredibly privileged to deliver the future monarch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall   Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen's Ladies in waiting's Hall
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2