The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Window in the Great Hall

Go down 
+9
Margaret Wyatt
Mary Dawn
Margery Seymour
Catherine Parr
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas More
Francis Bryan
Joan Fitzgerald
Eustace Chapuys
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 11:57 pm

"Ah yes Thomas Wyatt, I have heard some of his poems and he is most talented" Mary's smile is much more relaxed as she and Margaret shake hands "tis been a pleasure Margaret and I pray that we soon meet again
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 12:03 am

Margaret showed her a surprised smile. She wondered why she had so hurry in leaving so soon "Oh..of course. I was just wondering if you were new to court. You know..I am going to leave for honeymoon with my husband. So I fear we can't meet so soon.." She replied. She didn't know why, but she felt there was something weird in this girl. And she always trusted in her sensations
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 3:08 pm

"Indeed I am new to court my Lady and forgive me if I seemed rude its just Lady Margery has kindly offered to introduce me to the Lady Anne at the Easter Ball and I do not wish to go empty handed" Mary looked down in embarrassment "We are on our way to the rose garden so I could pick some flowers for Lady Anne and I am most anxious to meet everyone"

Mary looked into Margaret's eyes that seemed to be able to read her inner most thoughts "May I say congratulations on your wedding and I hope I will see you in court upon your return" she smiled in the hope of redeeming her previous haste
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 5:46 pm

Margaret smiled. This girl was very able in using words "Thank you, my lady. Oh..I have no intention to keep you here far from your duties. Even if..judging by your hurry, I would say you were anxious to run to your lover.." She giggled, but she turned serious quickly "Oh please..forgive me. I love joking, even with people just met. It's so evident that you are a virtuous girl, so different from other ladies in this court..who spend all day running after men. English court is becoming more similar to french court every day.." She rolled her eyes after a deep sigh
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 8:18 pm

Mary's face flushed a bright pink and she gave a shy smile "As yet I have not been as fortunate as your good self to find my true love" she replied tipping her head to one side " what is it like in French courts......I hear talk of the ladies being very forthcoming with their affections"
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:36 pm

Margaret shrugged "Yes, they have no morals at all. But since you are new, my lady..better warning you about men in this court. Oh..most of them are gentlemen, like my husband. He is..the kindness itself. But others.." She lowered her voice stepping closer "Others..are just womanizers. Especially noblemen. My ex husband was one of them. Oh..sorry: he is one of them. He cheated on me all the time..and men like him never change. So..be careful.." She added with mysterious voice
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:51 pm

"I thank you for your warning and advice my Lady and I shall be careful" Mary lowered her voice and stepped closer to Margaret "Maybe you could tell me where I may find one of these rare kind gentlemen once you return from honeymoon" she giggled
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Margaret giggled after her. She paused for a moment before replying "Uhm..I don't know. Since I am a faithful wife, I don't even care about other men. But I can tell you where you can find..womanizers: just stay away from italian men. Englishmen are dangerous too for a vituous lady, but italians are even worse. You know, I was Duchess of Genoa, once.." She sighed and she looked at her with an amused smile on her face
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 10:36 pm

"Thank you and I will heed you wise words" Mary smiled "At present I would rather settle at court and then when the time is right search for a suitor"
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:39 pm

Margaret smiled "Oh I am sure you will find the right man, my lady. I thought having found the true love when I married Cesare..but obviously I was wrong. Thank God, Anthony came in my life in the right moment and now I am very happy.." She just realized that she mentioned Cesare and Anthony like she knew them. But of course she knew none of them. That's why she talked freely "Oh..forgive me. I always talk too much. I won't keep you here further, cause I have to reach my Mistress as well. Good luck with Lady Anne. Hope we can meet again, Mary.." She said smiling warmly
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 6:16 pm

"I hope we do too and do not worry anything you tell me will not be spoken of to any other person" Mary smiled and bid her a fond farewell as she and Lady Margery walked towards the gardens
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 6:22 pm

Margaret looked at her while she was leaving. She looked kind and sweet, even innocent. But she felt that she was not. She was at court enough time to recognize a whore. And this Mary Dawn was surely a whore who liked acting like innocent. She decided to keep an eye on her "Yes..yes. I'll watch on you, Mary. I'll watch on you, dirty whore.." She whispered to herself when no one could hear her. She took a breath and she walked in the opposite direction
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 7:09 pm

After sleeping most of the day away, Louis finally rose in the early afternoon. Having completed most of his work, he decided to read the recently published, posthumous by Machiavelli.

He perched on a window sill and enjoyed the luxury of having liberty of time.
Back to top Go down
Mary Sheldon
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Sheldon

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 1:49 am

Mary walked down the hallway heading to go for a ride passing the great hall. She stopped when she saw someone alone in the room by the window. She had never seen him in court. She walked into the great hall and up to the man. "Greetings Sir I have never seen you in court before."She said with a low curtsies to him.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:01 pm

Louis glanced up from his book and saw a lady approach, dressed in a gown of the most lovely of styles. He quickly glanced down and concentrated on the sentence, as his lips turned upwards into a wry smile. Un court sans les femmes est un jardin sans flours.

He heard her grow nearer until she directly addressed him, quelle confiance-une véritable flour...

"Good-day," he replied warmly and folded over the corner of his page, "Your observation is correct. I am an ambassador for His Grace, King Francis of France-I am not a member of this court."
Back to top Go down
Mary Sheldon
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Sheldon

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:20 pm

"Then I welcome you to the kings court I am Mary Sheldon cousin to Anne Boleyn and lady in waiting to her also." She said softly.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:23 pm

He smiled and closed his book, "A most kind welcome, thank you, Mary. I am Louis...Castillon."
Back to top Go down
Mary Sheldon
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Sheldon

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:31 pm

"I was going to go for a ride. Would you like to joining me sir?"

She asked him softly.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:35 pm

He grinned brightly, "Oui, je aime-i mean, yes, I would love to."
Back to top Go down
Mary Sheldon
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Sheldon

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:38 pm

"Do you need to change your clothes?"

She said to him.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:42 pm

He shook his head and stood up, "I do not, but I assume you may like to change your attire?"
Back to top Go down
Mary Sheldon
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Sheldon

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:47 pm

"This is my riding attire."

She said with a giggle.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:51 pm

He laughed warmly, and adjusted his heavy cloak, "Forgive me, mademoiselle. I am not well schooled in women's dress. You would outshine many at a court dance in that gown. However now I speak to rash!"
Back to top Go down
Mary Sheldon
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Sheldon

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 9:00 pm

A small part of her hair fell in her face.

"Thank you for saying so."

She said softly.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 9:11 pm

He chuckled and noticed the lock of hair deliciously drip over her eye, "Shall we head?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Window in the Great Hall
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next