The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Window in the Great Hall

Go down 
+9
Margaret Wyatt
Mary Dawn
Margery Seymour
Catherine Parr
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas More
Francis Bryan
Joan Fitzgerald
Eustace Chapuys
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mary Sheldon
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Sheldon

Window in the Great Hall - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 9:29 pm

She holds out her arm.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 9:33 pm

He took her arm and walked from the window.

{shall we carry on here? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 9:28 pm

Joan wasn't used to doing nothing in the day; she was always normally busy at home. For an hour or so; Joan had explored around the court trying to familiarize herself with the palace. In the end she settled on a book and the most perfect spot to sit and read.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Earnshaw
Lady-in-waiting
Catherine Earnshaw

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 9:47 pm

Being still new to this court Catherine lost her way easily. And after some time walking around she noticed a lady sitting by the window.

Hello, there...

Catherine said in her light voice, trying not to frighten lady as she approached her.

I'm sorry to disturb you, but I was wondering if you could point me to the direction where chambers are?
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 10:23 pm

Joan could feel a pair of eyes on her; so she wasn't alarmed to see a lady approaching her. She placed the book in her lap budging over. You are not troubling me in the slightest. The chambers are up those stairs and straight ahead. Are you new to court aswell. Joan gestured to the lady to come and sit beside her by the window. The view was particulary nice at this time of day.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Earnshaw
Lady-in-waiting
Catherine Earnshaw

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:49 pm

Catherine obeyed and took a seat near the open windows. Unlike windows in any other house in the village, they were set side by side, giving a wide view of the gardens below.

Thank you... Yes, I'm new. I've served Queen Katherine in Kimbolton Castle, but recently came to court.

She said with a friendly smile and warm voice.

I'm Catherine Earnshaw, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 8:51 am

I have never been a lady in waiting to anybody before! It must be a very rewarding job to do and to have a sense of worth; well it must be enpowering. Joan had always wanted to earn her own money and to feel like she actually belonged to an important cause. I'm Joan Champernowne it's lovely to meet someone my own age here. I'm still learning about court so you are not alone their.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Earnshaw
Lady-in-waiting
Catherine Earnshaw

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 9:45 pm

It's not so bad as they make it sounds. It depends whom you serve. If you have a good mistress than you're lucky.

She said as she looked out the window to gardens.

I'm glad there is someone lost as I'm. I think I shall never learn where is what around here, there is so many halls and places to get lost.

Catherine said with a small laughter.

Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:05 pm

A lady did ask me to become her lady in waiting. She is a Baroness called Catherine Parr. But now I am married I shall have to ask my husband. It must be nice though; to earn your own money. Now that she was married Joan wasn't too sure what she was meant to do apart from being a wife to Anthony. She didn't really have a meaning for being at this court only Anthony. I do not mind getting lost in other parts of the castle... it's the bedchambers. Joan whispered with a low giggle glad to have someone the same age.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Earnshaw
Lady-in-waiting
Catherine Earnshaw

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 12:30 am

As far as I've heard Lady Catherine is very nice and kind lady.

Catherine said, then frown slightly. She was still independent, but soon she'd be as Joan asking permission from her husband for everything. That is the place in this world they'd.

And who is your husband, my lady, if I may ask?

She asked in genuine curiosity. With Joan's next words she giggled and blushed slightly, while she nodded with her head and winked.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 10:18 am

He is Anthony Denny a very kind man who is to good for me. Joan admitted to Catherine as though she had known her a long time. Our marriage was arranged but before I even knew who he was I had a secret fancy to him. Her eye's sparkled in that moment as her memory took her back to when she first met him. I wish the same for you; that you may be happy in your love life as well. You are to young to be unhappy in a marriage.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Earnshaw
Lady-in-waiting
Catherine Earnshaw

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 8:30 pm

Catherine had heard of Anthony Denny from her mistress, she always spoke of him in a good way.

You're lucky, my lady. I only heard good of him. And it's good you both like each other already.

She said with her soft, honest voice.

I already found my prince charming. A man who makes me so happy and loves me as much as I love him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Window in the Great Hall   Window in the Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Window in the Great Hall
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4