HomePortalRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Share | 

Salon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant

PostSubject: Salon   Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:03 pm

Diane had not seen the Marquess for some months now. She had in truth enjoyed her company and started to look upon Isabelle as the motherly figure. When Diane was growing up she craved the attention of her mother. Sadly Diane was just the recipient of barking orders.

With the servant taking her green cloak, she took off her mittens and allowed herself to browse the inviting bookshelf.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:39 am

Isabelle was told by a servant that the young Duchess of Valentinois was waiting for her in the Salon. So she reached fastly the Salon, after ordering servants to bring them something to drink. As she saw Diane, she smiled warmly

Diane..ma chère. I'm so happy you came to visit me. I find you well and beautiful as always. Please, sit with me. Is there any news from court?

She hugged her and sat with her on the sofa
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:46 pm

"mon ami, their is always gossip from court no one ever says a bad word about you though." I always felt in my element with the Marquess I only just wished I had the confidence like she had. "But you have been here for awhile I was worried. Court can be very boring and lonely." I took the goblet of wine dipping my finger into it's content before running my finger over my lips. "Your estate is like another part of France, it is spectacular! You have put a lot of effort into this place mon cher."
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:10 am

Isabelle took a goblet of wine for herself too and sat next to her. She smiled

Thank you. My husband left me this Palace as heritage. I like living here, and I don't miss court. But what about you, Diane? I find you very well..

She asked before taking a sip from wine
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:26 am

"Your husband did all this." I was taken by surprise everything about this place was stunning too stunning for a man to design. "You must miss him muchly! I can't imagine loving somebody yet some may argue that I am too young." I wanted to remain unmarried for now and have some innocent fun. Their were those French girls who did give the rest of us French ladies a tarnished name but I was not one of them. "I am well my father has sent me a wealthy sum of money for my well being at court." I leaned a bit closer to her. "Isabelle he was outraged that the prince has taking a shinning to me! He was very angry indeed."
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:36 pm

Isabelle looked surprised at her

Angry at you? Pourquoi, ma chère? I know how much Prince Henri cares about you. I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding. But..I'm here for you, if you want to talk..

She said smiling motherly
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:38 am

"I wished you were my mother." I said lovingly gazing upon her as if she was my actual mother. "No father wants their daughter to become a mistress but he his misunderstood. I am not Henri's mistress I am the love of his life. If he could marry me I think he would but duty comes before women and I am so proud of him for this."
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:25 pm

Isabelle smiled and nodded

But of course, I would never judge you, Diane. People can say everything. As you said, they like gossip. But if your love for Henri is true, you have nothing to shame about. You're a very good girl, ma chère. Every man would be lucky having you as wife..

She added patting softly her hand
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:30 pm

Her words touched my heart. I knew that I had found a true and loyal friend in Isabelle. "I can never judge you either I'm not as thickle as others here." My hand stretched for the water canter and I poured myself some. "I would never hurt Henri he is my beloved. I could also never hurt my future husband. I'm not heartless like that but one has to find the balance between the both. Isabelle, if you could travel anywhere in the world like right now where would it be."
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:37 pm

Isabelle smiled. She never thought about that before

Oh..I don't know, actually. But..I was always fascinated by Scotland and Ireland. Their history, their castles..I read many books about. So I think I would go there. I had no time to travel during my marriage, because my poor husband was very ill. But I would bring you with me, Diane. I would have loved having a daughter like you..

She said sincerely squeezing softly her hand
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:31 pm

"Maybe we could take a trip somewhere quiet in France." She was kings favourite and I was the heirs favourite. It brought me comfort to know that no body could possibly touch us without a consequence happening to them. "We both deserve the happiness we currently have. It must of been hard to care for your husband."
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:56 pm

Isabelle nodded sadly

It was, indeed. But you know, he was much older than me. It has been painful, but I'm very grateful to him. He gave me the chance to become a noblewoman respected by everyone. But..yes, we should go somewhere, Diane. It would be very nice to see a new place together..

She added with a smile to change topic
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Sat May 02, 2015 6:06 pm

I couldn't imagine loving somebody that much it seemed almost impossible. Love was a very rare thing to come across and I was always just so close to finding it before it got snatched away. "I hear that Italy is always nice at this time of year. Do you have any place in mind."
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Wed May 06, 2015 11:15 pm

Isabelle smiled softly

Italy is always a nice place. I have been in Rome, years ago. I think it's the most beautiful city in the world. It is called the Eternal City. You should visit it, once. Travelling together towards Italy would be fun..

She said smiling motherly and teasingly at the same time
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Mon May 18, 2015 12:54 am

I giggled as I had heard things about Italian men and how they liked to serenade. "Yes they say that the men are very confident with us ladies. I had never heard of it as eternal city before it sounds amazing."
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Wed May 20, 2015 11:24 pm

Isabelle giggled after her

Yes, I heard that italian men are very passionate. They treat their women like Queens. But they're also very jealous. Rome is such a beautiful city. Full of history and very fascinating. Such a learned young woman like you would love it..

She said smiling
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Wed May 27, 2015 6:59 pm

"I never knew that Italian men could become so jealous! Perhaps it is all that passion they have running through their veins." I found myself laughing at my words. I had only been accustomed to that of french men. I never thought about the temperments of others. "I could soak up all the history of Italy; it is beyond amazing. The coliseum is simply a beauty. The romans had so much power that they seemed to destroy one another with it."
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Salon   Sat May 30, 2015 11:28 pm

Isabelle smiled after her words

I think passion runs through all men's veins, ma chère. No matter where country they come from. But italian history is very fascinating, indeed. Roman Emperors were genius about politics. But some of them were also very cruel. Like Neron, for exemple. I have a book about him. I can give it to you, if you wish..

She said smiling motherly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salon   

Back to top Go down

Salon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1