The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Hunting in the Forest

Go down 
+6
Henry Norris
Anthony Knivert
Thomas Wyatt
Francis Bryan
Charles Brandon
Henry VIII of England
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Royce greeted other men with a grateful smile

Thank you, my lords. Hope we'll have opportunity to know each other better...
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:57 pm

Henry looked around and turned to them with a proud smile

Very well. Since everyone is here, I declare the hunt stared! Follow me, my lords...

He hit his horse's hips and kept on riding along forest, to reach a place in wich finding animals more easily
Back to top Go down
Henry Norris
Gentleman of the Privy Chamber
Henry Norris

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:08 am

He spurred his horse onwards following the king's direction. Immediately his mind set to the hunt and his prey, eager to show off his skills.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Gentleman of the Royal Household
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 5:08 am

I was surprised to hear of Mary Rose's engagement. I was too concerned with my own matters. Perhaps some time away from would do me some good. I thought.
I cleared my mind and greeted Westmoreland. "Congratulations Royce, she's a good woman, take care of her" I said. It was difficult for me to think of her all grown up.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Wyatt
Poet
Thomas Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 11:37 am

After the king's announcement, Thomas nodd.

Allright, your majesty, I am ready.

He hit slighty his horse's sides with his foots, join the king's horse and place his horse behind his, he get his horse to trott fastly, moving his hips for follow his horse's movements, feeling a mixture of excitment and slight apprehension, hearing the other men's horses's foot steps noises.
Back to top Go down
Francis Bryan
Francis Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:26 pm

With a whoop and a holler I set out after the men. My horse tries to outrun the king's, but I gently rein him in, not wanting to outdo Harry.
Back to top Go down
Cesare Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Cesare Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:36 pm

Cesare laughed and shook his head as he darted forwards making sure not to go faster than the king, his stallion getting flustered at that.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:34 pm

"Charles followed the King and others, until they reached a glade in the forest. Once he stopped his horse, he saw a deer among trees. He prepared his bow and threw an arrow against it. But the deer escaped quickly and his arrow hit strongly the bark of a tree"

Damn it!

"He exclaimed, shooking his head"
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Royce stopped his horse too and looked at Charles trying to hit the deer. He grinned and prepared his bow. A rabbit was running next a bush. He stared carefully at it. Then he threw his arrow and hit the rubbit, who died immediately. He took a breath and looked at men around him, even surprised he succeded in that
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Henry looked amazed at Royce's action, and glanced at Charles ironically

See, Charles? This means hunting! Congratulation, Your Grace...

He giggled and pointed at a bird who was flying upon them. With a quick movement he throw an arrow against it. But he just hit a wing softly. The bird flew away

Uhm...it seems I should imporove too...
Back to top Go down
Henry Norris
Henry Norris

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:04 am

He heard the twang of arrows being shot as the other men aimed for their various prey. He ventured out a little further into the woods, going west where the sunlight would last longest. Movement caught his eye and he quickly and quietly prepared his bow and arrow. When a large buck emerged from a copse of trees, he stayed quiet, breathing slowly until he had a good shot. Without warning he released the arrow and in the blink of an eye he'd shot the animal in its hind quarters. As it fell, Henry swore under his breath and shot another arrow in its shoulder, downing the deer. He breath easy as he got off his horse and walked over to the animal to make sure it was dead. He smiled and called out to the others: "I got one! It shall be venison for supper tonight!" he exclaimed jubilantly.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:11 pm

"Charles giggled while nodding"

Congratulations, sir Norris!
Back to top Go down
Francis Bryan
Francis Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:29 pm

I hear all sorts of activity around me and hear Westmoreland has caught a rabbit and Norris caught a deer.
"Well very good gentlemen!" I say as I scan the forest for game.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Royce took his animal proudly and reach his horse again. He looked around but he saw no animals around them anymore. Maybe their arrows's noise scared them. He turned towards Henry

I see no animals except birds, here. Maybe we should move over there, Your Majesty?

He suggested, pointing another place not too far from them
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:17 pm

Henry looked at Royce and nodded in agreement

Yes...you're right, Your Grace. Let's move over there, my lords! I already saw many deers...

He hit his horse's hips and rode slowly until the next glade in the forest, followed by his men
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:48 pm

"Charles kept on riding his horse and followed the King and others. He came closer to Anthony's horse and glanced at him"

What's wrong, Anthony? You have a weird face's expression since the beginning of this hunt. Are you troubled for something?

"He asked whispering while riding, looking around forest"
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:18 am

I couldn't keep my mind in the hunt, all I could think of was my conversation with his majesty and what was going to happen in the days to come.
I then saw Charles approach me, I pulled on my horses reins to slow down so I could talk with Charles. I looked at him. "Well my friend I suppose I should tell you since it will be all over court in a few days." I said in a hesitant voice.
"His majesty has banished my wife and I from court for marrying without his consent. I did the same thing you did with Margaret." I lowered my head "I'm such a fool!!"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:05 pm

"Charles frowned and looked surprised at him"

Oh...are you talking seriously? Well...I didn't expected that. I mean...I married his sister secretely. But you...you married a commoner. Oh! With all respect for your Charlotte. You're in the same situation I was time ago, then. How long will last your...banishment?

"He asked whispering, glancing at the King to make him sure he couldn't hear them"
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:44 am

Henry stopped his horse and looked careful around him. He already took a bird, but he wanted more. Suddenly he felt a strong wind and raised his eyes to sky

Oh...no! I think it will rain soon, my lords...

He turned towards Charles but he noticed he was whispering something to Anthony. He frowned
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:02 am

Charles Brandon wrote:
"Charles frowned and looked surprised at him"

Oh...are you talking seriously? Well...I didn't expected that. I mean...I married his sister secretely. But you...you married a commoner. Oh! With all respect for your Charlotte. You're in the same situation I was time ago, then. How long will last your...banishment?

"He asked whispering, glancing at the King to make him sure he couldn't hear them"

I looked at Charles, "Yes, i'm serious I don't know what I was thinking. I'm in love with her Charles." I said as turned as saw his majesty look over at us. "I hope the banishment won't be long just til she has the child. However, she's not far along." I said knowing I would miss court and all it's causality's.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:19 pm

"Charles nodded at Anthony and turned towards King with a forced smile. He noticed there were clouds in the sky, and turned to other men"

Uhm...do you think I'll have time to hit something before it rains?

"He chuckled"
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:38 pm

Henry raised his eyes to sky again and drops of water started falling on him. He took a deep breath and shook his head

I hardly believe you'll have time, Charles! It's raining...even if softly. Sir Bryan! What do you suggest?

He shouted, trying to catch sir Francis Bryan among trees
Back to top Go down
Cesare Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Cesare Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:41 pm

Cesare felt small spits of rain and sighed a little, of course their fun had to be spoiled by God. He looked around at the men, unsure of what they were going to do, his dark eyes looking at each one of them.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 3:05 am

I felt a rain drop on my face. "Well I guess this hunt is over" I said looking over at his majesty and lifted my eyebrows knowing I still had to face him later at the autumn party.
Back to top Go down
Henry Norris
Henry Norris

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 4:17 am

He felt the fine spray of rain on his face and opened his canteen, emptying the wine and filling it with rainwater. "It looks like I win!" he shouted to Sir Francis as he motioned to the servants carrying the fresh kill of deer, hanging from a long sturdy shaft of wood, its front and back legs tied together. "I should like to keep the deer's head, Your Majesty. I find it brings me luck for the next hunt." He thought of sending it home to his parents, who would stuff it and mount it in the entrance hall as a trophy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting in the Forest   Hunting in the Forest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting in the Forest
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next