The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Stables

Go down 
+3
Juliette Dupont
Coralie Guyot
Christophe Sinclair
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 6:47 am

He looked at her in surprise. "You are young still! Take your time, though I daresay you would make an excellent mother. You'd be the adoring kind whose children never want to leave her side."

He watched as she shifted her leg to the other side. "See? And it will stay between us. It is a more comfortable riding experience. Perhaps you may even acquire for yourself specially made riding pants that are worn.. er.. beneath the gown."
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:36 am

Coralie's eyes went wide, "but when my mother was my age, she had already bore my brother Pierpont," she sighed. She looked down and petted Andromeda, "I pray that I am a good mother...and pray harder that I can bear children," she shook her head. "I have heard such sad stories of women whose marriages were created because they were thought to be able to bear children...and it failed them."

She threw her head back and laughed. "Oh, monsieur...could you imagine little me with my hair tied and wearing men's pantaloons, riding wild horses?" she smiled at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:13 am

"And tell me mademoiselle, is your mother any happier for bearing children at such an age? Life is not a contest to be won, everyone goes at their own pace. My own mother did not have me until she was twenty-five years of age." He looked at her tenderly. "Do not think yourself among those types of women. I know nothing of childbaring however, perhaps a woman friend may help you on that point." He blushed a little, never having had to speak of women's issues.

He too imagined Coralie wearing the pants that men wore to ride. "Perhaps riding sidesaddle is wise for now. After all, being long in the saddle can cause chafing on the thighs. It can hurt like a son of a bi- I mean it can hurt quite a lot."
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:13 am

She thought for a moment and quickly nodded. "You are right, again, monsieur, I do not think she has ever been very happy." She laughed at Christophe's blushing, finding it an endearing side of him she thought would take a long time to see. She found herself glad to have a friend such as he, who could give her such wise advice about things.

She covered her mouth, eyes wide as Christophe stopped himself from cussing. Yet it was not from shock. She burst into laughter.
"Christophe, I fear you remind me too much of my brother!" she laughed. "He always curses and stops himself in my presence, though I hear it under his breath!"

Coralie suddenly struck a thought of inspiration, and she looked to Christophe with a great smile on her face. "Christophe...may I see you ride?...surely you have some tricks you learned" she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:56 pm

"If I knew the reasons for women's unhappiness, I would bottle it and sell it, become a very rich man indeed!" he joked.

He laughed as she said he was much like her brother. "You must excuse my language, it is not fit for a young woman to hear. It is impolite of me even to consider such words in your presence," he admitted, looking away bashfully.

He brightened when she asked if he would show her how he rode. "I'd be glad to!" He took hold of her around her waist and gently brought her down to the earth again. He deftly mounted Andromeda and started a quick trot then grew to a steady gallop as he took the horse around the circumference of the fenced in field.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:08 am

She laughed, nodding, "yes, I fear you should make quite a village cryer, selling your wares bottle after bottle," she laughed.

Coralie laughed, giving a wave and shaking, "you are forgiven, good sir," she giggled.

Coralie smiled brightly and found herself blushing a moment as Christophe lowered her to the ground. She hurredly moved to the wooden fence and leaned against it as she watched Christophe take the horse into a gallop. She smiled as she watched him riding tall and masterfully, knowing precisely what to do.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:33 am

He kept riding, the wind blowing through his hair and hitting his face. He kept his back straight, his legs firmly set on either side of the horse yet loose enough so they were relaxed and he did not frighten Andromeda. Then, when he neared Coralie and could see the enchanted look on her face, he swiftly moved one leg over and did a backflip off the horse, landing firmly on his feet. He bowed and laughed as he whistled to the creature to slow her pace so he could retrieve her.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:21 am

Coralie watched Christophe ride with the grandest of smiles upon her face. He was a very good rider, and a handsome one at that, and she found herself blushing, yet thought nothing of it. She was more impressed with how easily he made it look.

When he completed a backflip she gave a squeal of excitement, her eyes wide as she began to clap.

"Goodsir Christophe, that was the most brilliant thing I have ever seen!" she clapped, her mouth agape.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:36 am

He laughed and tried to catch his breath at the same time. "Thank you mademoiselle! Though of course you will not be expected to perform such feats!" He met Andromeda as she was coming back to them, and patted her head, stroking her mane.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 2:43 am

She smiled, laughing, "oh, but I think I should love to!!' she clapped. Her eyes went wide and she gave a gasp, "oh, Christophe, you should do performances!!" she smiled, "it would be so very impressive to all, and, and you could even perform for the court or even his majesty!"
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 4:14 am

He saw how eager she was to learn such tricks, and he knew that as small and lithe as she was she could learn quite easily and do very well with acrobatics. He had to laugh when she insisted he perform for the king. "Can you imagine what His Majesty would think? he would wonder where the money for funding his army is going to.. to train circus performers!" but he had to admit he did like the idea. "It will be easy to train you to perform such, mademoiselle. If you are very careful, and only practice when someone is with you."
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:31 am

Coralie threw her hand over her mouth and laughed, picturing soldiers doing tricks off of their horsees in the midst of battle.

She smiled, eagerly, "do you truly think I could?" she tilted her head.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 12:12 am

He chuckled. "Yes, if you are not scared you can do anything. And you're small enough to perform such tricks." He thought amusedly of how her parents would not approve of Coralie learning such things, especially from someone like himself.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:22 am

Coralie smiled at the idea, "I hope i can," she grinned, "perhaps I'll be wearing pantaloons soon enough," she laughed.

She tilted her head, looking at Andromeda with a smile. "What was the army like?" she looked up at Christophe. "I often wonder what Pierpont is doing."
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 4:58 am

"If you can practice cartwheels and somersaults then you can do them easily on a horse, in time." he told her with a smile.

He frowned as he thought of the army, Coralie had taken such thoughts away from him but if she was curious he could not turn her away, "Right now they are probably very cold. It is not the nicest time of year for a soldier, but I've always preferred summer to winter. They train so they may keep warm, but they cannot light too many fires if they are in actual battle, the light could give away their position. They are probably sending letters to their loved ones, sleeping with the memories of their wives or trying to forget the world they came from. Every man's experience is different."
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 1:04 am

She clasped her hands together, watching Andromeda paw at the ground. "Ohhh, I hope I can, I think I should love to learn."

Coralie looked up to Christophe as he spoke, her eyes wide as she nodded, listening, her heart sinking a little as she thought of her brother Pierpont in such conditions. She even began to wonder if he perhaps had someone which he loved whom he thought of while so far from home.

She gave a nod, giving a sigh. "No wonder he often returns disheartened and missing our family," she spoke. She looked up at Christophe, "but I can see that from you, it shall make him all the more stronger."
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:23 am

"Once you feel secure enough to ride on your own, then I will show you how to do the somersaulting tricks." He smiled down at Coralie.

"The next time your brother returns from training, even war itself, you must greet him as though he is a king. He will feel all the more welcome and loved for it," he advised her. He had never really had any sort of experience of that himself, but he knew it was something he would want to come home to.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:44 am

Coralie nodded, smiling. "Alright, monsieur."

She nodded, again, giving him a serious look, though she could not hold it and began to laugh. "I will," she smiled. "And I shall remember that when I see you, to treat your as my brave sir knight," she smiled, again.

Her heart stopped and her eyes opened wide. "Oh, no!" she placed her hand over her mouth...
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 2:27 am

I walk outside in the cold and frosty air with a warm red and green coat wrapped around me as I enter the stables. The horses are covered with warm blankets in their columns. I walk to a snowy white mare, gently petting it's head. I hear a voice coming from behind me as I turn around quickly as if I was in fright.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:23 am

Coralie Guyot wrote:
Coralie nodded, smiling. "Alright, monsieur."

She nodded, again, giving him a serious look, though she could not hold it and began to laugh. "I will," she smiled. "And I shall remember that when I see you, to treat your as my brave sir knight," she smiled, again.

Her heart stopped and her eyes opened wide. "Oh, no!" she placed her hand over her mouth...

He softened when he heard Coralie laugh. "Please do, I rather like being cheered up especially if there will be more music and song to go along with it!" He began to hum the song they'd sung together in the forest, and stopped himself when he saw Coralie's expression. "What is it, mademoiselle?"
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 1:21 am

"Oh, Christophe, I-," she gave an exasperated laugh, smacking her palm against her forehead. "I forgot I was supposed to send a letter to my parents and brothers, and her majesty asked some of us to help her with her winter dresses," she shook her head, her hands against the sides of her head.

She gave a laugh, "oh, I think I am too late," she sighed. She began to pace one direction, then went another, tapping her forehead with the palm of her hand, "think, think."

She stopped and turned to Christophe, giving a sigh. "I think I have to go goodsir." She suddenly felt sad. She had such a nice time learning to ride and in Christophe's company, that she seemed to forget everything.

Coralie hurried forward and threw her arms around him as best she could, burying her face in his doublet. "Will you promise to visit my chamber, and I can play for you and show you my marionettes?" she mumbled through the cloth of his doublet.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 am

He had never seen Coralie so distressed before, and about simple things, but he didn't judge her in the least. "I understand, mademoiselle. When duty calls one must answer." He smiled when she embraced him, and he had never felt more brotherly love for anyone in his life. "Of course I will visit your chambers, if you wish to play more music and to be generally entertaining as I have found you to be." He could not keep a chuckled out of his voice. He put her riding hood on over her head, tying it beneath her chin. "Go now, and we shall visit when you are free." He smiled.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:57 am

Coralie gave a giggle, her arms still around him. "Ohh, thank you, thank you, thank you goodsir," she smiled up at him. "And thank you for teaching me," she smiled, "I hope to learn some tricks from you, yet."

As he retied the hood over her head she found herself giggling with closed eyes, liking that Christophe reminded her so much of her brothers.

She looked up at him, grinning, taking a step back. She dramatically pulled at the sides of her skirts and dipped into a low curtsey, "good day, brave sir knight," she grinned up at him.

Coralie hurriedly ran out of the stables and back toward the palace...
Back to top Go down
Pierre Du Bois
Diplomat
Pierre Du Bois

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 am

Juliette Dupont wrote:
I walk outside in the cold and frosty air with a warm red and green coat wrapped around me as I enter the stables. The horses are covered with warm blankets in their columns. I walk to a snowy white mare, gently petting it's head. I hear a voice coming from behind me as I turn around quickly as if I was in fright.
Pierre was happy. For the first time in a long time he was actually....happy. And, he knew it would never last. But, hey, he wanted to enjoy it while it lasted. "Isn't she a beauty," he said, as he smirked. Pierre leaned against the wall, crossed his arms, and smiled at the young woman.
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 3:10 am

The voice was of a gentleman. He is quite a handsome fellow for a man like himself to be in court. My eyes wandered around the horse as I responded: "Oui, indeed she is".And then I turned my attention to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stables - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stables
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next