The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Trail through the woods

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Trail through the woods - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 3:46 am

"I do not know if she would be in the spirit of dressing in costume as much as you are, Coralie." he chuckled. "I have never thought myself gentle in any sense, at least not in a very long time. If you say I possess such a trait, then it must be so."

He laughed and reached down to shake his hand through Ares's mane. "Perhaps a sword would do even better of keeping you safe! Ah, I thank you for your compliments. To be honest I do see some of the looks the women give me, but I pay them no mind. I do not see what they see. I place no great value on looks, but I tell the truth about other's beauty, such as your own of course."

"Please do not despair, Coralie. You are young, there is plenty of time for the boys to come around. And they will, believe me. And I don't mean only the boys who want the first pair of...uh, legs.. that they come across. Men will see you for what you have to offer apart from looks. Your creativity and imagination are a great attraction. And I would be very honored to meet your brother, I look forward to sharing stories, though his are probably better."
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 5:52 am

Coralie laughed, "oh, I am certain she would for you," she smiled. She nodded, "and yes, I am certain you do."

She smiled, admirably. "Then you truly are the utmost of gentlemen," she beamed. "ohhh, if only so many more men could be like you, and like his majesty perhaps."

Coralie shook her head, frowning a little, "I pray you are right, goodsir, as everyday, I have this great fear that time is running out."

She smiled, giving an eager squeal. "Ohh, I am certain you shall perhaps find them the same!" she beamed, "I cannot wait!"
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 9:34 pm

He smiled, and the closed his eyes as he breathed in deeply as the scent of the woods calmed him. "I would not want other men to model their behavior after me. I rather think, outcast that I am, that it is a bit more pleasing to stay to myself. I think the king is the opposite end of the spectrum in that case." He looked at Coralie. "What do you say, are you ready to go at a bit of a faster pace?" He readied his horse in case she was.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 2:05 am

Coralie laughed, patting his shoulder, "well goodsir, that is where I must disagree with you...for I think I, and many other women, should much like other men to be like you," she smiled. She looked down a moment, "his majesty always seems so very down when I see him," she looked at Christophe, "he does not much like all those sycophants who follow him around."

She took a second to think, frowning a little as she often did in thought, when she gave a grin and nodded. "Not too fast?" she smiled.

Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:25 am

"I am glad you have such a high opinion of me, milady. As for the king, I imagine it is difficult to have such a position of power, when you constantly wonder if people are your genuine friends or because they want things from you.. I expect many people want favors from His Majesty." he frowned, silently thanking God that he was only a man, and not a king.

"Not too fast," he promised. He lightly spurred the horse with his boots, going into a light trot. "Andromeda will obey you, just give her a gentle nudge, she will know what to do."
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 2:56 am

Coralie nodded. She gave a sigh, "I do not know what I should do if I were constantly followed by a flock of liars and flatterers." She blushed, giving a faint laugh, "and yet part of me thinks that I should like to be the center of attention at times."

She nodded, smiling, as she gave Andromeda a nudge to go faster "Come on, Andromeda," she smiled as the filly began to pick up her speed.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:20 am

"I think the sort of attention you are used to is the applause given when you sing or dance or entertain with your marionettes. The king must return favors, figure peace treaties, give land grants, bless marriages, pardon prisoners, all manner of things that he must do either to keep France as a well kept nation or to keep the people happy. The attention he receives is because people know he can make things happen. You would not want that after awhile... I think it would overwhelm you." He paused. "And me as well."

He smiled as they picked up speed, the wind ruffled their hair. He gave Coralie a sideways look. "So have you heard from your parents, or your other brother?"
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 3:00 am

Coralie nodded, imagining everyone's eyes upon her. Even at the Christmas ball it was all too much, and so she knew what Christophe spoke of was certainly true.

She laughed, "oh, but you're such a big and strong man," she smiled, "surely you can handle a few eyes," she jested.

She looked down, giving a shrug, "Chevelier is normally so busy with school, that I only hear from him every few months and he sends me things." She smiled and tilted her head, "and I received a letter from my papa...I think he may be coming to visit!" she gave an excited squeal.

She did not bother to mention her mother. She hardly received a letter from her unless it was to chide her for something she did or did not do.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 6:31 am

He laughed. "Perhaps I can handle them.. and I've the distinct feeling you're going to get me to try to overcome that fear."

He frowned as she seemed to underscore a loneliness a girl her age should not know.. "It is not good for you to be so distant from your family, at least while you are unmarried. But I shall be here to protect you and hopefully keep you good company. I think if your father comes I would be glad to meet him as well."

Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:07 am

Coralie laughed, "ohh, yes," she smiled. She nudged him, "and I am certain your Angel shall help you aswell."

She shook her head, "I do not care much to see my mother again," she frowned a little. "And Pierpont is here to spoil me," she giggled, "Chevelier is busy...but I miss my papa, dearly, and-," she stopped. She remembered suddenly, "and I fear that as soon as all my family are come to court, I must face reality." She closed her eyes and sighed, "they will send for the Viscomte to come and meet me, and I fear, I shall be quickly married to a man I do not know, and who is older," she rushed out.

Coralie smiled, "I think you would get along very well with my papa." She smiled, "perhaps, you should like to even be like an apprentice for him...he is an architect and inventor, and I am certain he should like to pick your mind," she tilted her head.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:36 pm

He smiled at her little remark, but frowned as she mentioned a possible marriage in the works. "Are you certain they mean to marry you off to someone? You have not said this before.." In truth it troubled him to think of it. She was so young and pure, much suited to a man closer to her own age. "Have you met this man they have chosen for you?"

"I would also like to meet your father, he sounds like a very interesting man. I have always held an interest in such subjects and it's likely I will have many questions for him," he said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 2:46 am

Coralie sighed, looking down at Andromeda, as she pulled on the reins, stopping the filly. She sat up straight as she reached into the pocket of her gown, pulling out a letter with multiple folds. She handed it to Christophe before she untied a locket around her neck and handed it to him, knowing that as he opened it, he would find the portrait of a man with defined parenthesis and curly dark brown hair, a handsome, yet much older countenance. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"His name is Gaston de Sauveterre," she bit her lip, "he is a Viscount, and friend of my father and the family." She sighed, "I think he is rather handsome...but I do not know him." She began to play with Andromeda's mane, "he had written to mother about the death of his wife, and that he was looking to wed, and mother told him I was at court and that I am almost seventeen, and-," she stopped, blushing embarassed, "and she sent him my portrait." She nodded toward the letter, "he writes to my often, and mother insists I write to him, though I never know what to say."

Coralie smiled, "I think he shall have your answers, and you can tell him all the new things happening in and with the military."
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:28 am

He studied the locket, finding the likeness of a very serious-looking gentleman, worldly and seemingly devoid of any of the effervescence which Coralie often radiated. "I think he looks very dour, but perhaps there is more to him on the inside. What does he speak of in his letters? Does he try to amuse you or does he only speak of his wanting to find a wife?"

He smiled, nodding. "I shall like that very much indeed!"
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:31 am

Coralie pouted a little, giving a laugh, "I certainly hope there is more to him." She shrugged, trying not to smile, though it poked through a little. "He asks me how I like court, and what sort of stories I write and whether he could here me sing sometime," she blushed a little, "...I suppose he seems kind, and Pierpont says he fancies me." She looked at Christophe, "he says he thinks I will make a good addition to his manor."

She looked down at Andromeda, smiling, and to Christophe's own horse, then back to the bright green forest around them, the birds singing the sound of a stream in the distance. She sighed.

"I like it so much better out here, Christophe," she smiled, "so quiet...like home."
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 4:57 am

He laughed as she appeared to be so shy of a man she had not yet met but obviously liked. "It sounds as though he is truly interested in you, Coralie, he wants to know what pleases you and in that I expect he will be very acquiescent to your needs, your need to create and entertain. Those are fires within you that no one can burn out." He smiled. "If your brother says so, then it must be true. But tell me, what would YOU think of living in a manor? To be mistress of your own household?" he asked curiously.

He followed Coralie's glance across the lush greenery of nature, enjoying the sunlight, glad the dank winter was finally gone. "So do I.. I think we two belong in nature.. haven't I said that to you before? I can't remember.. but while you are here we shall soak up every minute we can of the great outdoors.. and spring is here, soon you shall have plenty of muses for your poetry and writing," he offered.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:54 am

Coralie smiled, "I am only so very glad that he is interested in my arts...and that he thinks I am talented."

She laughed, looking forward and up as she imagined herself in her own manor. "I do not know if I could run it all," she shook her head, though smiling. "But I think I'd like to have a home to walk around..." she smiled, imagining, "perhaps a little girl of my own to play with and love and watch grow...and boys, I suppose," she laughed. "I'd like to make sure everything was lovely, and that there were geese and chickens for the children to play with." She smiled, "I'd want a little chapel for ourselves on the hill, for the people around us to come and pray...and I'd want to have parites and feasts for all my family and friends and the people of the village."

Coralie looked at Christophe, smiling, and leaned over, nudging him. "And you and your lovely Angelique could come and visit."

She laughed, "yes, you have!" She smiled, looking around, closing her eyes as the wind swept through her hair. "I think it shall inspire us both...I, the wood nymph, and you, the brave hunter who watches the forest," she imagined a story. "We shall wander about, lying in the grass and feeling the sun's rays and eating the fruits of the trees and..." she shrugged, laughing, "I don't know, drink the waters of the streams!" she beamed. "Oh, Spring is always my favorite...I shall love to spend it here for the first time!"
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 5:29 am

"He may be a one in a million sort of man, and anyone can plainly see you are talented.. he'd be a blind fool not to see what we all see in you Coralie," he smiled fondly at her.

"In time you will learn all the tasks a mistress of the house must do, if I knew any of them I would teach you myself.." he listened as she described a perfect future life for herself and the children she would have. "I can see it happening quite clearly, and your Gaston just may be the type to let you have as you wish, it is not unusual when a wife is younger, for her husband to give her her whim, especially if he is fond of you, as he does seem." He could not surpress a smile nor hide his flushed face as she mentioned Angelique. "We would love to be your guests."

He laughed aloud as she spoke of living as people of the woods and living off whatever the land had to give. "I think it sounds like a delightful break from the everyday run of things. If we can get away with it, I think it might be something to try, except we would have to find immediate shelter in the case of bad weather. But we could amuse ourselves with stories and songs."
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 5:18 am

Coralie smiled, blushing a little. "I find myself hoping so very much that...that he may love me," she smiled. She gave a shrug, "...I have not seen his majesty in quite some time...so...I suppose I must move on."

She shook her head, giggling, "oh, he does not have to spoil me...for I want to make him so very happy, I know I do." Coralie smiled at Christophe's flushed face, happy to see that he truly was in love. "I am glad to see you so well and happy," she smiled, "it is not often many get a second chance at happiness or love."

Coralie laughed, "we could build a little hut of leaes and sticks, and keep foxes for pets," she threw her head back and laughed. "Ohh, this sounds more and more like the making of a gypsy camp," she placed the palm of her hand against her forehead, shaking it as she laughed.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 5:56 am

"Hoping for love is what the world does half the time," he said reassuringly. "You are no fool to wish for such a thing. But how could he not come to love you? You are a very lovable person, Coralie." he smiled down at her.

"If already what you want is to make him happy then he is a lucky man. You care nothing for riches like most women, and I admire that in you. I wish you every happiness with Gaston, he is lucky to be receiving the affections of such a beautiful and special girl," Christophe said truthfully. "Indeed, I am very lucky, Angelique is the light of my life, she lights up the darkness I was dwelling in for so long.' he nodded knowingly.

He laughed aloud, it echoed to the canopy of trees above. "I think that is a splendid idea, I can hunt for food and we can pick berries and drink from the stream. If our early ancestors did so, perhaps we could." He smiled as he thought of it.

Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:34 am

Coralie laughed, nervously. "Sometimes...sometimes I do not think anyone is ever capable of such affection for me," she shrugged, tucking a curl back behind her ear as she looked away. "I think that is why I was so very flattered by his majesty," she confessed.

She blushed, looking down at Andromeda as she brushed her fingers through her man. She looked at Christophe, yet looked away quickly, looking down. "Will...will you be leaving with Angelique?" she muttered. Now that the king seemed to have forgotten her, Coralie was terrified she would be lonely and sad if Christophe, her only friend in the world, were to leave court. She played with the reins in her fingers, "you know, would you two be moving far away when you get married?" she tilted her head.

She shook her head, laughing. "I'm sorry, forget I asked," she laughed, looking at him. "I must thank you for being my good friend, and so kind a person and gentleman to me."

Coralie laughed, clapping her hands. "Very good!...for I fear I would make a poor hunter," she laughed, "I fear we would starve." She turned to look at him, frowning a little though she smiled. "Do you ever think of such things?...the future, what things will be like for France or for our children?" she smiled, frowning as the rays of the sun shown through the trees.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 3:04 am

He gave Coralie a tender look. "You have been sheltered most of your life, and from what you've said only one parent has shown you any affection. That can cause us to think lowly of ourselves, but you shouldn't feel that way."

He saw how sad she looked as she spoke of his leaving, and he tried to console her. "If I do leave it will not be for long. I could never make anywhere other than France my home," he assured her. "If we do get married I wish to stay here at court, perhaps have a little place in the country where we can get away when court life becomes unbearable. But don't think for a minute that you are not welcome. Wherever I am you will be most heartily welcome to stay as well." he smiled, reaching over to gently lift her chin with his finger. "Believe me Coralie, I have not been kind out of propriety, I genuinely like you and I see in you something that reminds me of my own sister. You know how I ruined things with her.. with you I see another chance to be a good man, a creator rather than a destroyer."

"Yes, I shall be sure to bring my bow and arrows, and set up traps to catch rabbits and squirrels." he smiled thinking of such a thing as living in the woods. "I think the future is as unimaginable as our forefathers probably thought so. We may wish things one way or imagine them another, but there will always be surprises. Someday, perhaps France will no longer live under the reign of a king, who knows?"
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 2:42 am

Coralie looked down, smiling faintly. "I suppose you are right...you are often right," she laughed. "What do you remember of being a child?" she looked at Christophe, trying to imagine such a strong soldier as a child.

She smiled faintly, nodding lightly as he touched her chin. "And you promise to write?" she gave a little pout, widening her eyes, though she quickly gave a laugh, "as I want to hear all about your new life and love!"
She shook her head, "I cannot imagine you as anything but a creator."

Coralie threw her hands over her ears, shaking her head as she laughed, "no no, not squirrels!!" She looked up to the trees, "they are too cute!" she laughed.

She tilted her head, frowning slightly as she smiled. "A France with no king?...I cannot imagine such a thing," she laughed.

Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 1:20 am

He smiled. "Of course I'm right," he jested. He thought of when he was a child, the memories of their small family and the cottage of stone in the French countryside. "It was lonely, our closest neighbors were miles away. My sister and I only had each other to play games with, and we were very close. We often pretended to be the Princess and the Knight, and I would rescue her from a fire breathing dragon or an evil lord who had kidnapped her. But most of the time it was work: helping our parents with the farm and doing our chores, then my father taught us what little he knew, and we learned from the books he had. Those became our treasures. We knew we were loved, but at the same time we both knew our lives could take a turn for the better. And so they did, I suppose." He smirked. "So what of you? You are still young, but what were you like as a child?"

"I will write to you and tell you of my adventures, of course! But I daresay my time abroad will be quite bland. Perhaps you can think up a story to liven it up a little, enhance it." He sighed and tried to smile. "Thank you for thinking that of me."

He laughed aloud with her. "All right, you've got me. No squirrels, then what non-cute animals shall we have to eat? I don't think you would find possums very tasty."

He nodded, staring off into the stretch of trail though the canopy of woods and trees. "I think things like that are hard to imagine... but you never know what the future has in store.. but I do think we will always have our king, or even queen to rule us."
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:33 am

Coralie smiled as Christophe spoke, and she imagined he and his sister playing, just as she and her brothers did when they were children. She nodded, eagerly, "ohh, your childhood sounds so very much like mine," she beamed. She gave a faint laugh, "but, my papa always insisted that I not do work...but mother often made me, when he was gone," she shrugged. Her eyes went wide as she sighed, "I suppose I was rather wild...always getting leaves stuck in my curls and staining my gowns with blueberries and strawberries," she laughed, fondly, "...I cried often when my papa left for business," she looked down, "and even more so when Fionnula, my first nursemaid died."

She shook her head, "ohh you shall be like a knight on progress...you shall always be entertained," she giggled, "but...I suppose I could send you some stories, only if you send me some of yours!" she pointed, grinning.

Coralie stuck out her tongue, frowning, "oh, no, no...perhaps geese...'foul little birds," she tsked her tongue. "Always hissing and pinching and chasing after people," she laughed.

Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 1:58 am

He smiled at her. "I imagine you were such a joy as a child. And everyone gets into mischief at a young age." He paused. "I can't imagine why your mother treats you the way she does.. and it's sad you don't have your nursemaid anymore. I'm sure she provided much comfort for you."

He laughed, thinking that few could make him smile, and Coralie was one of those few. "I'd be glad to be sent some of your stories, and I shall give you some of my own of course. Perhaps you may edit then and pen them to give them more excitement than I can provide.."

He shook his head. "I have never cared for the damn honking things either! They are especially delicious with baked walnuts. We shall feast on them, rather than squirrlels," he promised with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trail through the woods   Trail through the woods - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trail through the woods
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next