The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Stroll through the Bushes

Go down 
+4
Mary Tudor
Stephen Gardiner
Hans Holbein
Jane Bassett
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

Stroll through the Bushes Empty
PostSubject: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:11 pm

Stroll through the Bushes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiRzAlzq-0_OFNcn6Kjsi2rrecHx-cH4JyYXtuKa5YCMh1AbONNg
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 pm

Jane walked through the gardens with her hair down and in her signature blue color, she closed her eyes as she fiddled with the wedding ring that now sat proudly on her finger.
Stroll through the Bushes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTw_sCCum3fD-hDIEfb4oyDDQiJcsD5kebhO_UJmkoBYZDRqgFZcg
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:24 pm

I had decided to take an early morning stroll. It was the talk around court that there would be a January flourish of snow which would blanket the entire court. Therefore I decided to enjoy the garden for as long as it was permissible by the weather.
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:26 pm

Jane had heard footsteps from the other beside of her and turned and saw the well...she can't call her his betrothed anymore, can she? or could she... She took a deep breath "My Lady." she said with a nod of her head.
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 pm

I glance up as I hear a voice, penetrating my deep opaque thoughts. It was her...

I did not know quite how to react-what a wreck I had been when I saw her last, a sobbing fool. I dip into a shallow curtsey and as I do I noticed the light catch on a ring...on her wedding finger. I cannot be sure exactly what expression my face formed but I can only assume it was one of utter shock.

Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:37 pm

Jane glanced at the woman and raised an eyebrow "Pray do tell, why do you look upon me so shocked?" she asked the woman as she helped her up from her curtsy "I am no Queen, please do not treat me as such." she said to the woman as she clasped her hands infront of her.
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:40 pm

I stand indignant and clasp my hands, covering my small gold band which was meant to be a little symbol of my future union.

"Alas, no Queen,"I reply and look up,"But a Duchess."
That ring, the smile on her lips. How could it be anything else but the one thought which pains me even to think of. She has married-married my betrothed.
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:44 pm

Jane sighed and nodded "You are right." she said as she closed her eyes and then opened them "We married, last night." she kept her gaze upon this woman "Do not hold a grudge upon me nor him for following what our hearts both desire."
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:49 pm

I take a deep breath and hold my chest. My undergarments seem unusually tight and I find myself struggling to collect any air.
How could this be? There was the signing of documents, the payment of my large dowry and the promise of marriage. How could one man disobey both King's law and God's. Am I such a disappointment of a future wife that he should seek to find another so quickly.

"Congratulations,"I whisper.
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:52 pm

Jane looked at the woman and grief soon washed over her features "Please do not be upset.." she whispered and she reached a hand out onto the woman's shoulder "This is not personal.. you are beautiful, young and youthful and i am sure you will find a husband whom you will fall inlove with soon enough."
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:57 pm

I immediately shrug off her touch,"Do not be kind to me."

How could I have married such an unlawful man? He now has a handsome sum in his purse and has denied his dying uncle of his wish that he and I should marry. He has denied me of any future-for a woman quick to give her favour.

I glance at her expensive ring that weighs heavy on her hand-with such pride she wears it,"I may have youth but I lack the necessity of beauty-for if I did my betrothed would be fastly married to me...and not you."
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:02 am

Jane shook her head "It is not about beauty, we fell inlove with eachother." she stated "Before he even knew he was to be betrothed to you, we were betrothed and to be married...do you know what it feels like to be inlove? It is like they are your reason to live...your heart and soul, im very sorry if i hurt you for marrying a man i love, and him me."
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:12 am

Her words are blunt and hurt-the sting of condescension sends me back a pace.
"My feelings of love are of little consequence-we were bound by law to marry. Though I say it-I am not in love him for alas he is just a stranger to me as I to him. However I loved him and still love him, such as my duty requires. Heavens! Perhaps even he would grow to care for me. I am now without care in this court because you sought a profitable marriage-for even you say it is not for beauty."

Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:15 am

Jane looked at her and she began to grow tired of this "We married out of love." she stated "Not for anything else, why can't you understand that." she took a deep breath and tried to regain her usual carefree lively humor "I hate people having a grudge on i, and me then but i do not regret doing what i did."
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:23 am

I sigh as a means of enabling the stifling atmosphere between us two to permeate,"And I have said congratulations...Your Grace."

I do not understand how she can manage to be blasé about their affair. She describes a love match as something common-perhaps in France, however not here. Aristocracy never allow marriages to be out of love-for love is cruel and passionate, fleeting and flighty...money binds all and unfortunately I am bound to the affluent stock.
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 am

Jane stared at the woman "I may be new to this court, but i am no halfwit." she whispered "The King and that Boleyn girl are to be married, yet he is married..yet that is no crime to you, just how me and the duke are married and he was betrothed to you..i do not flaunt it nor am i happy about the situation." she glanced at the woman before turning "If you still wish to meet with him, you can."
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:36 am

I shake my head as I cradle my head in my hands. This woman fails to recognise that now I have so little in my life.

"I made a vow in front of my family and God that I cannot now fulfil because you could not terminate your lust until such times I had at least had an audience with him who should be mine,"I mumur from behind my hands,"It is not my place to have an opinion on His Majesty's matter and you would do well to quench your opinions -whatever they may be- for they may leave you a head shorter."
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:41 am

Jane sighed "It was not lust." she whispered almost in defeat at she grew tired of the same debate and she raised an eyebrow at her "I was strictly saying that they are the same in a way, and yet you favor one but not the other." she frowned "You have everything in life, you are very so young and i am sure more hands will be offered."
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:45 am

I scoff,"If it t'were not lust he would never have married you. I may be young but all men's love begins with lust and grows."

As she suggests that I have everything I frown and say quietly,"I have everything, I? You are a Duchess, you have my betrothed and I am alone in court with no guide...for what?"
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:50 am

Jane stared at the woman her anger seemed to have grown and she closed her eyes and regained herself "We shall see about that." she said and she thought for a moment.. she knew of how it was like to be at court alone she looked at the woman "I know of your pain, i came to court when my father died which was soon after my mothers death, and i would never like to inflict the loneliness of being at court without family or friends, i know this is bold of me but if you ever need a guide you may ask of me.."
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:59 am

"And yet you have inflicted upon me isolation. You criticise my mistress but in her is the only place I have safety and thus I owe her all and happily give all to repay her kindness,"I reply coldly.

The surge of a deep sorrow suffocates me. I would I never came to court, I would I never saw her and ignited her knowledge of me. Perhaps then she would never have known of my existence and I could have married.
I glance to her.
Why...why her, is she fairer than all others? I confess my beauty is not great but alack not worse than hers. And why hath he been so quick to presume who I am and abandon me?

Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:02 am

Jane finally gave up "It was not all me." she near yelled she wondered at why and how she got to angry when usually she would be as calm as ever "So stop saying I inflicted this upon you, why don't you say it to the people who had you betrothed to him."
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:11 am

"Because they were my family and they were his family-I give them their owed respect and I agreed to the union. My marriage would always have been a loveless one -to begin with- I knew that and I accepted it. However I had the hopes that one day love would surely follow and then mine and my husband's happiness would ensue,"I reply as I noticed she was getting angry...with me. As if I were the one who had gone against what was right and decided.
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:16 pm

Jane shook her head at her "I have had enough of this..it is childs play." she said and she turned to walk off "You can see him if you wish, see if he would still change his mind."
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:19 pm

I clasp my hands as I straighten my posture. I know it is not proper to squabble over a man such as this, it was foolish of me. I take a deep breath as she turns away and hold my face again as I can feel the crystal tears fall from my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stroll through the Bushes   Stroll through the Bushes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stroll through the Bushes
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next