The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Courts of Navarre

Go down 
+7
Isabella de Navarra
Cesare Garcia
Henry VIII of England
Blanca Mendoza
Quiteria de Navarra
Francesca Benedetti
Henry II of Navarre
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Henry II of Navarre
King of Navarre
Henry II of Navarre

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Courts of Navarre Mkmy5

Last edited by Henry II of Navarre on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Henry II of Navarre
King of Navarre
Henry II of Navarre

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:11 pm

A letter sent by the Duke of Genoa, accused the queen Francesca, of adultery.
The queen was imprisoned.In a prosecution she would prove her innocence...
Henry entered the court and sat in his chair...The nobility of Navarre were present...
Back to top Go down
Francesca Benedetti
Princess of Tuscany
Francesca Benedetti

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:29 pm

I arrive at my day of judgment, head held high. I am dressed in tne latest court dress in silver and green with black lace trimming. I weartne crown of the Queen Consorts of Navarre upon my head. The door slam open and I begin to walk in as I am announced, Her Majesty The Queen. As I walk in, I see Henry looking angry as can be.
Back to top Go down
Quiteria de Navarra
Princess of Navarra
Quiteria de Navarra

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:08 am

Quiteria was in the judgment...She was sitting with her son, little Francis Phoebus.Princess Madeleine was sitting on her lap...
Quiteria, looked at Francesca, with fury in her eyes.
It is shameful...The queen consort is an adulteress...Quiteria said evilly.Madeleine, looked at her and she did not understand the words of her aunt to her mother.
Back to top Go down
Henry II of Navarre
King of Navarre
Henry II of Navarre

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:24 am

Henry looked at Francesca angrily.
He felt a great hate ...In his hands, Henry held the letter of the Duke of Genoa.He felt humiliated, cheated ...
Back to top Go down
Blanca Mendoza
Lady-in-waiting
Blanca Mendoza

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:38 am

Blanca went to judgment with the Duchess Quiteria.
She felt shame about the Queen, she had a feeling that the queen was innocent of those accusations.
Back to top Go down
Francesca Benedetti
Princess of Tuscany
Francesca Benedetti

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:15 am

I curtsy as I reach my husband. I raise up and my gaze meets his, our eyes lock and never part. I await the charges to be read.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:50 pm

A servant came on his horse, bringing a message from England. He dismounted and delivered it to King Henry of Navarre

Your Majesty, my friend,
I as you to be merciful with Queen Francesca, your wife. She committed a mistake. But just because she was victim of a deception. Someone wrote a false document, in which you showed your consent for the annullment. Only for this reason, she has been persuaded to marry again. I never blessed her marriage with the Duke of Genoa, and I won't. I declared it invalid. So, considering how much she regrets all this, I ask you to show her mercy. In this way, our Kingdoms will be allied again

Sincerely
Henry VIII of England
Back to top Go down
Henry II of Navarre
King of Navarre
Henry II of Navarre

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:19 am

Henry read the letter, but he was embarrassed.He thought in his ex-wife, Queen Margaret ...
His feelings were confused, he was now for many people a "wimp"...His sisters warned him about the Queen Francesca, but he did not listen ... maybe they were right.
Henry looked at Francesca, with contempt in his eyes.He destroyed letter of King Henry of England and coldly told members of the court ...you read the charges against this woman...
An old man of the court stood up and he began to read:

"Francesca Benedetti this court charged with the more serious the offense against His Majesty the King of Navarre.You have committed the gravest sin in the eyes of God, the church and the kingdom: Adultery.Immediately you are stripped of her rank of Queen of Navarre, and if you do not prove your innocence will be punished with the most severe penalty of this kingdom: The gallows...the accused can speak for to defend herself".
The old man said, and he sat down again. Henry looked at Francesca.He was feeling humiliated by her
Back to top Go down
Francesca Benedetti
Princess of Tuscany
Francesca Benedetti

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:44 am

Quietly I stand and my gaze never leaves Henry. I know that I have not done wrong. I feel deception is rampant in this Kingdom, as if someone plots against me. I carefully remove the crown from my head and set it down on a nearby chair. I begin to speak, shaky slightly as I hold in my emotions, Your Majesty, My Lords....... I look around the room .....These charges of which you speak, of which you accuse me of are completely false. Never in my entire marriage have I strayed from my husband's side nor will I ever. I take a deep breath before continuing, I am a faithful wife, a loving mother to my beautiful daughter, an able and kind Queen. I have come to love Navarre and its people. I am stopped with chants coming from outside saying, "God Save the Queen!" I smile before continuing. The Duke of Genoa is only craving what he cant have and that is me. He chases anything with a skirt. It does not surprise me that he accuses me of adultery. My heart, soul, and body belong to my husband for eternity.
Back to top Go down
Quiteria de Navarra
Princess of Navarra
Quiteria de Navarra

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:10 pm

When Quiteria heard the words of Francesca, she stood up...
Quiteria looked at her sister in law with contempt...
And the letter that my brother received?..you're lying!!!.
Quiteria exclaimed angrily
Back to top Go down
Cesare Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Cesare Garcia

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:51 pm

Cesare was brought before the court of Navarre and he looked at Francesca and he looked at the judge "i admit that i slept with the Queen..more than once.." he said and the crowd gasped "WHORE!" one shouted and he sighed and he looked down and then to Francesca "I have my sons to think about..i will not let them go without a father." he simply said and he looked at the court "The Queen came to my household in Thornbury as a break, there is household there to say she was there.. she slept with me in my study and in her chambers.." he said and the judge nodded "Since you have been honest for your childrens sake as you said your life will be spared, but you are banished from navarre." cesare nodded and he turned and sat down.
Back to top Go down
Francesca Benedetti
Princess of Tuscany
Francesca Benedetti

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:25 pm

If you believe him Henry, then you must be insane. You know that I love you and I shall respect your wishes whatever they may be. I sit down in the chair provided for me, my head in my hands and the tears flowing. Everyone can hear me cry...
Back to top Go down
Henry II of Navarre
King of Navarre
Henry II of Navarre

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:53 pm

Henry got up from his chair with great fury
you Duke, do you have the gall to come to my kingdom, and say that my wife and you have slept together?ARREST HIM!!!
Henry exclaimed with violence...
I curse the day that you and I were married.Henry said looking at Francesca violently.
Back to top Go down
Francesca Benedetti
Princess of Tuscany
Francesca Benedetti

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 12:05 am

Henry....!!!!! I scream out. I am on my last nerve. I begin to yell and a look of surprise spreads across his face. You know that I have done nothing with him and how dare you curse our wedding day!!!! I have been by your side through thick and thin and helped to obtain allies for you to fight off the French. Does that mean you regret our daughter as well? I hold onto the chair, shaking with an immense amount of anger that I have never felt in my whole life. The room now grows silent.
Back to top Go down
Isabella de Navarra
Princess of Navarra
Isabella de Navarra

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Princess Isabella was sitting next to her sister Quiteria.She heard the words of Cesare and Francesca and she was perplexed...

_"this is an embarrassment...People rumored that the Duke of Genoa has a strange disease...The disease is on account of his constant sexual relations.People say that he smokes opium to ease his pain..."

Isabella said quietly to her sister
Back to top Go down
Francesca Benedetti
Princess of Tuscany
Francesca Benedetti

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:14 pm

I continue to sit in my chair, seething with anger when all of a sudden, I hear Madeleine scream out MaMa! She breaks away from Quiteria and runs up to me and jumps into my lap. I smile and tears fall as she wraps her arms around me. You okay MaMa? she asks me. I look at her and smile, MaMa is fine my darling. Don't worry about me. I look back to Henry....
Back to top Go down
Quiteria de Navarra
Princess of Navarra
Quiteria de Navarra

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Yes, I have heard of the disease...
Quiteria said and she got up from her chair angrily and went in search of Magdalena.
Magdalena, ven con la tia Quiteria...(Madeleine, come with Aunt Quiteria).
She said proudly and she grabbed the girl's arm
Back to top Go down
Martin de Navarra
Prince of Navarra
Martin de Navarra

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:59 pm

The news of Francesca's judgment, it came to Naples.Martin decided to travel to Navarra.A servant anounnced him: "HIS MAJESTY, MARTIN OF ALBRET, KING OF NAPLES"....
Martin entered the room and he looked at the Duke of Genoa with contempt.
He sat down with his sisters
Back to top Go down
Sancha de Aragón
Princess of Squillace
Sancha de Aragón

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 2:06 pm

Sancha accompanied her husband to Navarre.She had a special love for the king Henry.
She approached the king and she gave him a soft kiss on the cheek.
Then, she sat down in a chair and she looked at her cousin, with suspicion...
Back to top Go down
Henry II of Navarre
King of Navarre
Henry II of Navarre

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Henry felt himself totally humiliated...
He up from his chair and went to his room...People looked at him with pity
Back to top Go down
Francesca Benedetti
Princess of Tuscany
Francesca Benedetti

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:37 pm

I shake ,y head and take my daughter from her aunt and leave with her to my chambers. My life is now ruined over something that never happened....
Back to top Go down
Quiteria de Navarra
Princess of Navarra
Quiteria de Navarra

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Quiteria called the guards...
Guards!!!, bring to Princess Magdalene next to me, she is now in my care, she is a Albret, a daughter of Navarre ...
Back to top Go down
Martin de Navarra
Prince of Navarra
Martin de Navarra

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:18 pm

I felt sorry when I saw my brother....Really the whole thing seemed to me a farce, The Duke was a troublesome man, and all my brother's problems were due to bad actions and conspiracies of the Duke.
I was sure that it was a calumny to Francesca ....Toward some weeks the Duke had been to Naples ....He entered the throne room, and he told me that he was going to tell me a delicate matter....but he did not speak and was silent...
Back to top Go down
Edward V Plantagenet
Prince of York
Edward V Plantagenet

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 2:46 am

Catalina heard the news of the issue was happening in Navarra, and she immediately went to court.
She entered the court with her ​​exquisite manners and sat down in a chair.
She felt a great concern for his brother Henry.She had a great feeling maternal toward all her brothers and sisters, especially since the death of her older sister, Sister Ana.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Courts of Navarre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courts of Navarre   Courts of Navarre I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Courts of Navarre
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next