The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room

Go down 
+2
Thomas Wyatt
Thomas Cromwell
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room Empty
PostSubject: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 7:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:01 pm

Cromwell was joined by Thomas Wyatt and George Boleyn. They were waiting for Thomas Cranmer. He knew there would be interesting conversation, and warmly greeted those around him at the table.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Wyatt
Poet
Thomas Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 8:53 pm

I had been invited to dinner by Mr Thomas Cromwell and I was honoured to be invited to dinner by the great Thomas Cromwell. Why he wanted me there was a question I asked myself for a while but pushed the question far from my mind when I entered Cromwell's home. I was happy to be part of this party and be waiting in the company of this great man, or thought great by many people and thought so by the king himself. I kept my feelings to myself from Cromwell and acted the man biggest fan, why I was at his table and home.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:46 pm

Master Wyatt, it is a pleasure to receive you Cromwell said with warmth in his voice. I do hope you shall enjoy our guest, I believe he has the key to solve a great many...difficulties concerning the king's divorce suit.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Wyatt
Poet
Thomas Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:33 pm

I give Cromwell a smile as he greets me and I thank him for inviting me, who is just a humble poet.
He tells me one of the guests who will be joining will be able to help his majesty in his desire to marry Anne Boleyn and makes me wonder who this person is.
'And who is this man, would i know him' I ask in wonder.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:46 pm

He is a cleric from Germany, he is going to prove a valuable asset was all Cromwell was willing to say. He motioned the servant to pour some wine while they waited.
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Last edited by Joan Larke on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thomas Wyatt
Poet
Thomas Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 7:08 pm

I smiled at Cromwell as I was handed a goblet of wine. One thing that Thomas and I did agree on was an hatred of the Roman church and it's pope and it's out of date rules. So the mystery guest was a member of the Clergy and someone who would help his majesty in his great matter. Maybe soon the king will get his wish and make Anne Boleyn, his wife and our Queen.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Geoffrey entered and bowed. He looked at Cromwell and his guests

Master Cromwell, Master Cranmer is here...

He announced. Then he bowed again and left
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cranmer
Archbishop of Canterbury
Thomas Cranmer

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 9:44 pm

Thomas walked in the room after servant left. He smiled at Cromwell and bowed slightly with his head

Sorry for being so late, Master Cromwell. How to forgive me?

He said smiling apologetically and shaking his hand

Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 5:13 am

Oh worry not, Mister Cranmer! You are just in time. He warmly shook Cranmer's hand. I am pleased to introduce you to Master Thomas Wyatt, ambassador and poet. You'll not find many with those monikers.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Wyatt
Poet
Thomas Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 4:24 pm

I stood up as we were joined by a rather modest looking man, He also seemed nervous and I guessed this was his first time at court, and to dine with raising men like myself, George Boleyn and Thomas Cromwell.
I returned to my sit and started to converse with our newest guest. 'Mr. Cranmer, nice to meet you, you are a man of the cloth, I believe'
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cranmer
Archbishop of Canterbury
Thomas Cranmer

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Thomas sat at the table and waited for servants to bring them food and wine. He bowed at two men in front of him and smiled after Wyatt's question

And are you not a poet, Master Wyatt?

He asked, leaning his elbow on table and looking at him

Back to top Go down
Thomas Wyatt
Poet
Thomas Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 6:46 pm

'That's the least of my sins. You may take my confession after supper' I say to Cranmer trying to sound serious but failing.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:23 pm

Cromwell shook his head, unable to hide his laughter. I wouldn't if I were you, it would turn your hair white! Making a serious face, he got down to business. We were discussing the progress of the convocation of bishops called to decide upon the king's supremacy. His Majesty has wisely decided to appoint George Boleyn here to negotiate with their graces.
Back to top Go down
George Boleyn
Lord Rochford
George Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:53 pm

''I found most of them accommodating" said George satisfied."Of course, there are a few stubborn exeptions" he added but this time without the same joy in his voice.

Last edited by George Boleyn on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cranmer
Archbishop of Canterbury
Thomas Cranmer

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Thomas joined his hands together on the table and looked at George

Bishop Fisher, I suppose..

Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:13 pm

Naturally

Cromwell said as he rolled his eyes.

Back to top Go down
Thomas Cranmer
Archbishop of Canterbury
Thomas Cranmer

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:45 pm

Thomas nodded at Cromwell, who confirmed his suspicion. Then he turned towards George Boleyn again

And...may I ask who else?

Back to top Go down
George Boleyn
Lord Rochford
George Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:46 pm

George sighed."The archbishop himself" he answered,looked at Thomas Cromwell with compassion and added "Warren.After years being perfectly pliable,he suddenly become rather intransigent."

Back to top Go down
Thomas Wyatt
Poet
Thomas Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:28 pm

Wyatt replied with a touch of sarcasm, "That's because he's old and consequently closer to his Maker to whom in due course he must explain himself."  

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room   Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thomas Cromwell's Dining Room
Page 1 of 1