The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Salon

Go down 
+11
Margery Seymour
Anne Boleyn
Anna Stafford
Mary Talbot
Margaret More
Alice More
Elizabeth Patmore
Thomas Seymour
Margery Wentworth
Geoffrey Lonshord
Kate Ashley
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Margery Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Margery Seymour

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 6:28 pm

Margery had arranged to meet with her longtime friend Mary Dawn. She had just put fresh apples in Lady Anne's chamber something to quench her thirst. Next she was to meet an Italian merchant who was bringing the finest of silks for Lady Anne for a very special occasion. For now, Margery sat by the open windows letting her shoes fall off her feet as she patiently waited for her friend.

{THIS IS A PRIVATE THREAD DO NOT INTERRUPT THAT IS RUDE.}
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 7:58 pm

I made my way towards the salon to meet my friend, it seemed an entire age since we had been able to talk and I had so missed her company. I notice how relaxed she looked and wished I could be the same, but I am inwardly battling the turmoil of the last few days.

"Margery, my dear friend" I say as I approach "It is good to see you"
Back to top Go down
Margery Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Margery Seymour

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 8:20 pm

Her beauty had not faltered during the absence months of their friendship. She embraced her as a sister noticing how tired Mary had looked. Mary I am so glad to serve alongside you lots of celebrations shall be held by all the courts. I do so wish you had come to France with us. Is everything ok.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 12:28 pm

As Margery embraces me I finally feel safe and relaxed, I let the tears fall as she asks if all is well

"I wish I had joined you in France" I sob "Oh my life is a mess" Margery leads me towards the seat and listens as I explain all that had been occuring in her absence

Between sobs I tell all "His Grace, the Duke of Norfolk asked for me to meet with him at Kenninghall. I stupidly thought he was seeking information on Lady Anne" I breathe deeply and dab my tears "he proposed to me and in the heat of the moment I accepted, he is asking the Lady Anne and His Majesty for a divorce from the Lady Howard"

I look at Margery and again my tears fill my eyes "He introduced me to his family and left me in charge of Kenninghall, I believed his lies and fell for his 'gentlemanly act' yet he twice tried to force himself upon me" as my tears fall "he even asked me to take part in an attack upon a Lady Elena Salvatore in the name of Lady Anne"

Sobs rack my body as I unburden myself to my dearest friend, who is the closest I have to family at Court, in my heart she is my sister "I told him to leave me be but now I fear for my safety" I confess
Back to top Go down
Margery Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Margery Seymour

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 6:35 pm

Margery was completely shocked never before had her friend cried in her presence before. As they sat before by the window, breathing in the fresh air Margery held her friend's hand, listening to all that caused her trouble. As much as I loved Anne Boleyn and would always be a true and faithful lady to her. I could not stand how the Howards made my skin crawl. An ambitious family yet sweet Elizabeth Howard was always left out shut away from them all. Even though Anne had her mother's beauty. You are not to blame for this Mary the king has already rewarded the Howard family years ago. Now how they behave is a disgrace and I will not let it tarnish or ruin this joyous time for Anne. But Anne does care for her ladies in waiting. They would have to warn somebody about this behavior, but who could they tell. Why did men think it okay to cast themselves upon a lady who did not seek such advances in the first place. Did the man know between right and wrong. I do not wish for you to be scared my friend so lock your door at night. And if he should want to meet you then meet in daylight with other courtiers around. Somehow we shall sort this it is only his word against yours unless you signed a promise. Then you would have to marry him or take a petition to Cromwell.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 12:05 pm

"Oh Margery, I feel so relieved to have told you and I apologise for my state" I brush away my tears "I have not signed any papers so I do not believe that I am promised to His Grace" I breathe deeply knowing that my friend was so calm and able to think of ways through this difficult time

"I would never go against our Lady Anne and I asked to meet the Lady Howard to express my thoughts" I give a tight smile "He has played me for a fool and I will not let it go on" I look out of the window "Margery, do you think His Grace the Duke of Suffolk could help me?" I whisper
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 12:09 pm

I am truly sorry for what has happened I know it was foolish Mary and I really am sorry please forgive me.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 12:22 pm

I feel a chill run down my spine and clutch Margery's hand for support as we turn and face the Duke of Norfolk

"I asked you to leave me be, your Grace" I reply "Now please go, am I not allowed to speak to my sister in private?"
Back to top Go down
Margery Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Margery Seymour

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 6:13 pm

Mary Dawn wrote:
"Oh Margery, I feel so relieved to have told you and I apologise for my state" I brush away my tears "I have not signed any papers so I do not believe that I am promised to His Grace" I breathe deeply knowing that my friend was so calm and able to think of ways through this difficult time

"I would never go against our Lady Anne and I asked to meet the Lady Howard to express my thoughts" I give a tight smile "He has played me for a fool and I will not let it go on" I look out of the window "Margery, do you think His Grace the Duke of Suffolk could help me?" I whisper

Margery wasn't too sure if Charles Brandon would help since he and Thomas Boleyn never got along and as ladies in waiting our loyalty was to Anne. Yet such behavior and continuing to hunt poor Mary down in every part of the palace was also not acceptable. Margery ignored the desperate and needy who rudely interrupted their private conversation. Taking Mary's hand, she knew the safest place to take her where the duke could not gain entry. I know a place not even a man of noble birth dare go there as it will ruin him. But I cannot say as we have an intruder

{OUT OF CHARACTER: It is in the rules that you are not allowed to interrupt an ongoing piece of writing. Or repeat what is said behind closed doors. Thomas Howard please let Mary thread with me without these intrusions}
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 12:13 pm

Very well if that is want then so be it.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 12:23 pm

I nod at Margery "I agree with you, let us leave and speak where there are no unwanted ears" I look away from His Grace while inwardly fearing what will happen as His Grace seems determined to be in my presence whether or not I wish it
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 8:44 pm

Margaret was walking along Salon thinking at her new task as Queen's lady. Breathing deeply, she opened a window and looked outised. She felt happy and satisfied. Her red hairs were moved by wind, while she was imagining her new position at court with close eyes. Surely Anthony would be happy to learn such news
Back to top Go down
George Boleyn
Lord Rochford
George Boleyn

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2019 8:15 am

I entered the salon and as i entered I noticed standing at the window was someone I thought i recognised and as i moved closer i saw it was young Margaret who i knew quite well and i went over to the window and looked out with her.

"Beautiful day today isn't it my lady?"
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2019 3:40 pm

Margaret turned her head as she heard a familiar voice "My lord..good day. I..I haven't heard you were coming.." She said noticing that George Boleyn was there. She smiled simply, even if she was very surprised to see him
Back to top Go down
George Boleyn
Lord Rochford
George Boleyn

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2019 9:31 pm

"I wa the it to be a surprise Margaret. May i say you are looking great today but then you always look great. How are you Margaret?"
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 4:35 pm

Margaret blushed for his words and she lowered her eyes "You shouldn't talk in this way to me, my lord. I...I am a married woman, now.." she said almost whispering and raised her eyes towards him
Back to top Go down
George Boleyn
Lord Rochford
George Boleyn

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 1:26 pm

"I know you are indeed married I just like to compliment a fine lady when I see one. Is it true what I have heard my lady you are going to be serving in my sisters household?"
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2019 10:31 pm

Margaret nodded "Yes, my lord. Your father offered me to join Queen Anne's household, as her lady in waiting..and I accepted. Also..I'll be sent at Hever Castle sometimes..to take care about gardens and stables.." She replied looking at him
Back to top Go down
George Boleyn
Lord Rochford
George Boleyn

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2019 1:34 pm

"A fine position you have now. I do hope you like my sisters court and do you know when you will enter her household?

Hever is lovely this time of years the gardens in full bloom. Father will reward you for looking after them lady Margaret ".
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 6:46 pm

Margaret smiled softly and nodded "I'll do my best for being worthy of his trust, my lord. I..I heard that you're going to marry as well. Is this true?" She asked trying to hide curiosity in her voice
Back to top Go down
George Boleyn
Lord Rochford
George Boleyn

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2019 1:17 pm

"Yes I will be in marriage soon to lady Jane Parker my lady. Are you looking forward to court?"
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 5:11 pm

Margaret blushed a bit shooking her head "Oh no, my lord..I'm not. As I told you, I'm married now..and I am a mother as well.." She sighed and met his glance "If something happened between us..this belongs to the past, George.." As she realized of calling him by name, she blushed again and turned her eyes towards windowside
Back to top Go down
George Boleyn
Lord Rochford
George Boleyn

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2019 1:18 pm

"May I ask my lady what is your childs name. Do not worry about the past Margaret it is okay " I say seeing her blush
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 5:26 pm

Margaret smiled and sighed "Henry. My son's name is Henry. He is two years old. Hope you'll have children as well with your wife.." She said simply
Back to top Go down
George Boleyn
Lord Rochford
George Boleyn

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 9:59 pm

"Henry a fine name you have chosen. May I ask is he named after our good king?

My wife is young too and I do hope to become a father too. It is rumoured soon I shall become uncle to the new heir as my sister is with child. When is it you start in her household?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Salon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Salon
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next