The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Royal Chapel

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 11:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 10:40 pm

Royce entered in the Chapel with Mary Rose. She was bringing James while he was bringing Oliver in his arms. The Christnening day has finally arrived. They walked until the altar waiting for godparents to join them
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 1:46 am

I held James loving looking at Oliver who was arching his head to the side to see where me and James were I let him wrap his little chubby fingers around one of my finger.

'I am a bit disappointed that lady Prue did not arrive maybe she felt threatened by the fact that we are all Catholics.'

I kissed James head watching Oliver's big green eye's roaming around the room they were both like their farther they had inherited his chin dimple.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 11:14 pm

Royce watched James grabbing his mother's finger and smiled

Maybe she she is just late. A problem with her carriage or something. You sent her our invitation..have you?

He asked before kissing Oliver's head tenderly
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Actually my mind had been preoccupied with that silly little tart of a marriage wrecker.

'No as I do not know this lady of whom you speak of. I only invited my party as I thought that you would see to it yourself that Lady Prue arrives.'

I had the natural instinct to just take my sons away from him until Royce learned to control himself.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 10:10 pm

Royce frowned. Mary's voice changed suddenly and she even looked angry

What's wrong, Mary? This is a special day for our boys. What's happened?

He asked whispering, since they were into an holy place
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 10:32 pm

Thomas joined the Chapel with Alice. He saw the Duke and the Princess were talking privately. He didn't want to disturb them. So he approached them silently and bowed

Your Grace...Your Highness...
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 2:01 pm

I was going to reply but Sir Thomas had entered and I had not the strength.

'Hello Sir Thomas I trust that you both slept well.'

It looked like we would have to ask Alice to be godmother I was already chilled to the bones and it was already end of may.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 11:19 pm

Royce looked at Mary. She was going to say something but sir Thomas came. He just smiled and bowed silently with his head
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 11:23 pm

Thomas looked at them both. He could feel the tension between them and he felt a bit embarassed for that. He tried to smile at the babies

They are lovely creatures. God bless them. Oh...just hope I interrupted nothing important...

He glanced at Alice taking her hand
Back to top Go down
Katherina Prue
Housewife
Katherina Prue

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 7:51 pm

Arriving in Scotland felt somewhat unreal two godparents from two different faiths it did not seem like the ordinary thing to do perhaps they wanted one catholic and the other a protestant. It made more sense to have Alice More as godmother as I had never met either of them and looking at them all I felt that I had walked in on the wrong time as everyone was silent and a frosty chill in the air.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Royce smiled at sir Thomas. When suddenly he saw a young lady approaching them. He greeted her with a bow and a kind smile

Lady Prue..I suppose. My lady, thank you for accepting our invitation. My wife and I are very honoured having you here. They are James and Oliver..

He said glancing at the babies. He noticed she felt a bit uncomfortable, so he tried to make her feel at home
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:31 pm

Thomas looked at lady Katherina. He never met her personally before, bu he heard a lot about her. He admitted that it was weird being both godparents of the babies, since they were cathoilc and protestant. He smiled kindly

Lady Prue...nice to meet you. I'm happy to share this honour with you...

He said after bowing
Back to top Go down
Katherina Prue
Housewife
Katherina Prue

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:40 pm

I looked at them all this was to much to take in as I had never met them before but I smiled. Thank you for inviting me "my husband" is not at the English court and it would not be appropriate for me to bring him. I looked at Thomas More I really had nothing against him and I certainly had nothing against him we were just of two different worlds. Lovely to meet you Sir Thomas More if it's any consolation I am not a fan of my husband either.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 11:37 pm

Royce looked at Katherina smiling kindly

Don't worry, my lady. We understand. We're just happy having you among us today. I ordered to prepare a bedchamber for you in the Castle. Please, act like you were at your own home..

He said rocking the baby in his arms
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 12:04 am

Thomas smiled for her words and shrugged

It can happens, my lady. I'm honoured to meet you. I hear a lot about you. Hope we'll have time to know better each other. I'm always opened to share opinions with people. Even if they are of different faiths..

He replied. But he could see that she was not pleased to be there. He showed a kind smile to reassure her
Back to top Go down
Katherina Prue
Housewife
Katherina Prue

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 5:33 pm

I smiled for the kind words of duke Westmoreland hoping I wouldn't be kept here to long. I was born with my religion so I know no other. People back in Germany are mainly lutherans. In my opinion everyone should just respect each others differences if we were all the same it would be pretty boring. I think people misjudge me because of whom I married to i've never met Anne Boleyn. I admitted shyly now I knew how Anne Askew felt at times but she was public with her religion whereas I was very private.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 10:57 pm

Royce glanced at Mary and smiled after her words

I totally agree with you, my lady. And this is the reason why we invited you here. To show that no matter in which religion you believe. We're all equal. Personally, I believe in brotherhood among people. So..for me you can even be Buddhist, lady Katherina. We're just pleased that you're here..

He looked around noticing that the priest was ready to start the ceremony

Very well, if you all agree, I think we can start. Before babies start to cry..

He giggled
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 11:27 pm

Thomas listened them in silence. He refrained a giggle after the Duke's sentence, cause he hardly could imagine Cranmer's wife as a Buddhist. But he hoped that this could make her relax. So nodded

I think His Grace is right, my lady. England is living troubled days because of religion. Just for today, let's forget everything and enjoy this holy moment...

He said looking friendly at her
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 5:06 pm

All of talk of religion I stayed out of I thought that we could delay for a few moments just incase Katherine showed up. Without a moments hesitation I walked over to the font showing James the inside.
Back to top Go down
Katherina Prue
Housewife
Katherina Prue

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 10:04 pm

I looked at both gentleman and smiled downwards as I went to stand at the otherside of the font. I took in the loving careness of Princess Mary Rose how gentle and loving she was with her son also very patient to the child's moving arms and legs.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 10:47 pm

Royce and Mary were finally in front of the altar, with babies's godparents at their side. The priest started the ceremony

"In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritu Sancti, Amen. We're here in this Holy Temple, to welcome these two little boys into Christedom, with the Holy Baptism. Since now, they will be called Christ's soldiers, and they'll be part of His army..Your Grace and Your Highness, are you both here willingly, ready to raise your children according with the Holy Mother Church's teachings?"

Royce looked at Mary and nodded

Yes, I do..
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 11:32 pm

Thomas crossed himself and joined his hands together. He sighed, glancing at Alice and Katherina at the same time
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 1:37 am

I crossed myself as well wrapping my mother's rosary around my fingers but them out of sight as to not to make any uneasiness . This was a blessed moment because it was also a new beginning in their marriage I secretly prayed that Royce would not be tempted by any one elses lips but mine. I looked at Royce at the same time wishing he could read what my eyes were portraying instead I reached out for his free hand nodding to the vicar.

'Yes I believe and trust in him.'

To me a strong sense came to me of when we first married standing their together shutting out everyone in their own moment.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 11:19 pm

Royce looked at Mary. He caught her glance but he had to turn towards priest again

"Your Grace, which name have you choosed for your son?"

His name is James..

He replied. So the priest took some water and spread it on his forehead

"James, ego te baptizo in nomine Patri, Filii et Spirictu Santi. Amen.."

All of them repeated Amen. Now the priest looked at Mary Rose

"Your Highness, which name have you choosed for your son?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Royal Chapel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Chapel   Royal Chapel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Royal Chapel