The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Garden of reflections.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Elsa Spencer Meyer
Dowager Princess of Bavaria
Elsa Spencer Meyer

Garden of reflections. Empty
PostSubject: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 4:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elsa Spencer Meyer
Elsa Spencer Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 4:44 am

A thread with Richard Meyer.

When Elsa first moved here to Bavaria two years ago. It was her personal space away from everyone else. Many times Elsa used to bring her late husband Ludwig here and he would update Elsa on state of affairs. The carved marble reminded Elsa of Italy. Italy, it had been so long since she last went back. Elsa often wondered if her family in Italy still actually remembered her. Elsa had been shut away here in Bavaria no one came to see her since Ludwig died no one. Not even her former brother in law Richard. Elsa saw Richard riding on his chestnut horse. Running her fingers across the marble stone, Elsa waited to welcome him. Benvenuto Richard. The last time I saw you was at my wedding. Elsa kept her tone of voice friendly. After all he was a King and needed to be respected. Richard, cammina con me. Elsa liked to speak in Italian sometimes not to confuse people but to feel connected to her routes.
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 10:43 pm

Richard was riding his horse in the garden, since he was told that his sister in law Elsa came back in Bavaria. He hadn't seen her in ages. No news about her from Italy. He stopped his horse when he saw her. Speechless, he looked at her. She was still very beautiful. He dismounted from his horse and came closer smiling

Elsa! Mia cara cognata..grazie! Bentornata in Bavaria! Oh you're not changed at all during these years. Last time I saw you..poor Ludwing was still alive. You both were a beautiful and happy couple..

He smiled and hugged her gently. She was part of his family. And he enjoyed talking italian

Ma certo. Camminiamo insieme, Elsa..Come stai?
Back to top Go down
Elsa Spencer Meyer
Elsa Spencer Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 8:10 pm

Elsa had noticed his ageing it was nothing to dramatic but it made him look even more handsome. As they hugged Elsa kissed both his cheeks. Her hands on his arms but at a safe distance. sono molto bene grazie. Elsa began to walk beside him she tried not to laugh at his comment about how happy her marriage was. It was far from happy. Ho bisogno di te. To help me. I don't think that my place is very much needed in Italy at this present time. I have lived here childless and also out of love. I think it is time that maybe I returned home to Italy. Spero che lo capisca. Elsa wanted to live her own life now. She was young and still fertile she could easily re-marry. How have you been? You look every inch the king.
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 11:04 pm

Richard kept on walking at her side, offering her his arm. Even if surprised by her words, he smiled and nodded

Ma certo. Lo capisco, Elsa. You're still young and beautiful, and you can easily find a worthy man to marry with and have children. I'm sure Ludwig would have approved. But..hope it won't happen too early. I mean, you're just arrived. Anyway, if you need a place to stay in the meanwhile, you can count on my help. My Palace is your home, your know..

He smiled ironically looking around garden

Oh I'm fine. I just got an healthy son. His name is Max. And..at the same time I try to fix my complicated private life..
Back to top Go down
Elsa Spencer Meyer
Elsa Spencer Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 9:03 pm

Elsa stopped walking and looked at him. Richard, I was never happily married to Ludwig at all. He had children with a commoner declared them his heirs and what is worse is I have been right under your nose all this time. She took his offer of his arm and carried on walking her temper keeping at bay. I've never known happiness or love for that matter. Please I just want to go back to Italy and be with my nephew. Elsa looked downcast she had not been home since she was 15. Trapped in Germany was no more ideal she could be of no use to anyone here let alone the king.
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 10:48 pm

Richard stopped walking too and looked at her with deep concern. Once she kept on walking alone, he reached her without touching her, this time. She looked very nervous

I'm sorry to hear that, Elsa. I know very few things about your marriage with my brother, actually. And yes..he was not perfect. But he loved you. I know it's painful for a wife. Elsa..if you wish to go back to Italy, you have my blessing. I have no intention to keep you here if you feel unhappy..

He sighed, trying to catch her eyes

I don't like seeing you like that, Elsa. I just want to see you happy. And I would love if you would consider me like a brother..
Back to top Go down
Elsa Spencer Meyer
Elsa Spencer Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 2:47 am

Elsa sighed her mind wasn't made up of where she wanted to settle. Not one for being messed around she wished her nephew would let her know of visiting. I do want to see my nephew, but I miss admit I do not want to travel all that way to be left bored. Elsa smiled and gently stroked his cheek. Of course you shall be like a brother to me. An added family member is in fact a bonus to me.
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 12:06 am

Richard listened her in silence. After a while he sighed and nodded after her words

I suppose you're talking about Leonardo. Of course...I understand that you miss him, Elsa. And I won't prevent you to do that, if you wish that so much. Just...give me a little time to enjoy your company. I just met you after so long time. So please, stay at Palace at least few days before leaving again..

He suggested, never leaving his eyes from her
Back to top Go down
Elsa Spencer Meyer
Elsa Spencer Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 9:00 pm

I can stay here a little longer. Elsa looked away as his eyes caught hers. I do have worries returning back to Italy. I consider myself a Bavarian as I've been here so long. I have so many questions to ask you so you will have to excuse me for that. Where were you when you found out you were king. I mean it's such a life changing moment. Elsa wrapped her arm through his and continued walking. They have both been distant in each others lives but had yet shared the same experiences
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 11:36 pm

Richard smiled allowing her to wrap her arm around him and they continued their slow walk. He shook his head

Oh you have no need to apologize, Elsa. You can ask me whatever you wish. You know..when my poor brother passed away, I was not here at Palace. I was sent to Linderholf to finish my instruction. Our father was still alive that time..and I was sure that Ludwig would have been the next King. But after his death..it was clear that the throne..was mine. Some courtiers..didn't agree with that, and they even tried to poison me. But few time later..my father passed away too, and I was crowned King..

He explained. Trying to smile, he took a breath and looked at her

That's not an easy task, dear Elsa. And sometimes I wish to be a common man. I'm surrounded by many people. But most of them love the King, the power. Not Richard. I'm sure you know what I mean..
Back to top Go down
Elsa Spencer Meyer
Elsa Spencer Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 11:07 pm

Maybe you should try being more stern with the ladies. It rather is of putting to me actually. Elsa sighed annoyingly. After Ludwig died I feared you as I thought his passing rather strange. I never really understood why your father was never allowed to take the throne. Elsa smiled as her feet crunched under the fallen leafs. She had often wondered who this man she was walking with was. Everyone wants a piece of you, I am sure that their are people who truthfully like you for you and not the crown. The crown is just a representation of the man who wears it. Only you know who you truly are crown and all. Elsa took in the scenery before continuing their talk. So Richard who are you then. Do you play chess in your spare time, read to stimulate the mind or do you like to ride out in disguise to villages were nobody knows who you are and you can joke about the royalty and just have some ale.
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 12:20 am

Richard laughed while walking. He liked her question. And he had to admit that he never thought about that

Oh..I like all these things, actually. But I never tried going into a village where nobody knows me, pretending to be a peasant. It must be funny...maybe one day I shall try..

He shrugged and turned his eyes towards her

Neverthless, you have no need to fear me, Elsa. I loved my brother, and I could never kill him. I didn't even want the throne. But I understand your suspects..after all you didn't know me at all that time. And I promise to take care of you, now that you're here..
Back to top Go down
Elsa Spencer Meyer
Elsa Spencer Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 6:44 pm

I know you loved your brother. I think I might of loved him to even if their was no love. I think when you spend so much time with somebody you grow to love them. The death of her husband made Elsa feel Isolated in this kingdom despite having lived here for years Bavaria still felt like a strange town. Elsa looked at Richard he had a very noble face like a king perhaps it came with the title. I think you should you learn a lot about you're fellow country people. We could go together if you like. I sometimes get bored in the palace a nice stroll out of these walls is lovely.
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 12:01 am

Richard nodded with interest at the end of her sentence

Yes..that's a very good idea, Elsa. This could be a way to know better my subjects. A King should be close to his people. So...shall we arrange a loving stroll outside castle in these days, Elsa?

He asked, very impressed by her suggestion
Back to top Go down
Elsa Spencer Meyer
Elsa Spencer Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 9:54 pm

Excited to being able to get away from the castle, Elsa kissed his cheek just like a sister would her brother. Yes I can't wait we should take a luncheon as well. I haven't been riding in such a long time. Only problem is you will have to dress down a bit if you want, just incase we come across a local tavern. Delighted at the prospects to explore her frown had disappeared and Elsa was much happier. It did stumble upon her that why was her brother in law so compassionate towards others.
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 11:56 pm

Richard noticed that she was now smiling happily and he smiled her back

I'm glad to see that this makes you happy, Elsa. Oh..and don't worry for my clothes. I usually wear simple clothes when I'm alone. What if we'll go out tomorrow? The air is fresh...but it's not winter, yet. And unless it won't snow..I think tomorrow is the perfect day..

He said looking up to see better the clouds. He turned towards her again

I have the feeling that we'll have so much fun..
Back to top Go down
Elsa Spencer Meyer
Elsa Spencer Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 5:29 pm

It sure looks like winter though. I wish for snow but only for one day, after Christmas. Elsa was looking forward to seeing the king out of his natural habitat. We shall make a day of it. I hope the court will be able to manage without you for one day.
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 11:58 pm

Richard smiled while nodding

Yes..I love snow, actually. I find it very romantic. But it's not the ideal weather for an adventure tour like we're going to do, don't you think?

He answered almost thoughtful, wondering how she looked in riding clothes, since she was always very elegant lady
Back to top Go down
Elsa Spencer Meyer
Elsa Spencer Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 3:17 am

No it's not but I can still wish it. Elsa smiled on happily, not really regarding him as the romantic type as such. Do you really find snow romantic. I find flowers romantic the prettier the better.
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 12:11 am

Richard shrugged and smiled, still walking

Yes..actually I find winter much more romantic than summer. But obviously you have another point of view, Elsa. I'm not surprised. Women like flowers and green grass, maybe because of fairytales you heard when you were a child. I think that men and women are both romantic. Just...in different ways. And sometimes women can't see our romantic side..

He chuckled, turning his eyes to hers
Back to top Go down
Elsa Spencer Meyer
Elsa Spencer Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 4:19 am

Elsa had yet to meet a man who was til she did she would remain sceptical. Ludwig wasn't very romantic. If a person has never been around romance before then I think it can be hard to be romantic. That is why Italy is always a good idea. Elsa smiled fondly of her old country. In Italy the men were very romantic and weren't stiff upper lip in declaring it. Italian men can be romantic not all but some. It's like their mother tongue. A rose her and their, a beautiful sonnet of undying love. Have you been?
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 11:55 pm

Richard listened her with interest and smiled. She was a very learned woman

Yes..I have been in Italy, and I know that italian people love romanticism in poetry. But I don't think it's because of the country, even if it's very beautiful. Every man can have a romantic side, but sometimes we're forced to hide it. You're a very interesting woman, Elsa. I'm sure that every man would be romantic in your presence..

He added turning towards her with a sincere smile
Back to top Go down
Elsa Spencer Meyer
Elsa Spencer Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 8:05 am

I know! I know many interesting things. Like how Italy is at war with the Ottomans are you at war with the Ottomans. War was something that I did not find of interesting to me. But I liked to have a stimulating conversation with Richard. It made a great change from vain topics in life. The Venetians are preferably more scared of the Ottomans. When I was a little girl a very bad plague broke out in Venice do you know who it was caused be? The Ottoman king! I shall explain more. As you know Venice is a wonderful place to trade in cargo. Silks for gowns and more silks, well any cargo that comes into Venice has to be cleaned for 40 days. And one day a storm raged and a ship came in completely unannounced. Coming from the ship was four men carrying a wooden crate. These men were dressed in black with masks covering their faces. As they opened it the passed a black cloak to the person in the box. When the person got out of the box people stopped and looked. He was as skinny as a stick! People were mortified but no one helped this man. Until the wind blew and they noticed that the gown had a silver cross on. All at once the crowed rushed to help him but pulled back. The crazed Sultan had sent a plagued man!
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 12:17 am

Richard listened her with interest while walking. He liked hearing her talking. But he felt very surprised by her words about Ottomans and frowned

That's terrible, Elsa! I have no words to describe such shameful action..really. I'm not in war with Ottomans, but I heard many things about the Sultan. He is known for being a cruel tyrant. People say that women in his harem are just slaves, forced to obey him..to avoid to be strangled. But..I have never heard about this plague, before. I love Venice. And I'd like going there with you, one day..

He added turning towards her with a smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garden of reflections.   Garden of reflections. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garden of reflections.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next