The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Coming to Court

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

Coming to Court - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:11 pm

Louis nodded, "Of course. However being away from home makes you appreciate it more when you are there. I do love to travel but there is nothing like returning to your own bed."
Back to top Go down
Autumn Dawn Marcoux
Dancer
Autumn Dawn Marcoux

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:15 pm

"Are we not neighbors back home?"She asked him.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:18 pm

He shook his head, "Surely not. I live as far away from the courts as possible when I am at home. My home is in the south."
Back to top Go down
Autumn Dawn Marcoux
Dancer
Autumn Dawn Marcoux

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:20 pm

"We do not live at court."She said with a giggle.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:22 pm

"Are you in the south also?" he asked and looked about them.
Back to top Go down
Autumn Dawn Marcoux
Dancer
Autumn Dawn Marcoux

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:23 pm

"Yes my parents and I are."She said with a giggles more.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:33 pm

He smiled wryly at her laughter and shrugged, "Alas it would seem we are. I am surprised I have not seen you-however I doubt you would congregate in the taverns in the evening."

"I am sure your father keeps a more civilised home."
Back to top Go down
Autumn Dawn Marcoux
Dancer
Autumn Dawn Marcoux

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:36 pm

"We have met before when I was smaller."She said to him.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:39 pm

He shrugged, "I cannot remember, I must have been an infant. I did not live in the south when I was younger. I bought my home there once I became ambassador."

He smiled and pointed down one corridor, "The bedchambers are this way. I can direct you to yours.."
Back to top Go down
Autumn Dawn Marcoux
Dancer
Autumn Dawn Marcoux

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:45 pm

"Some people back then thought I was a servants daughter and yes please."She said walking down the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:49 pm

He smiled, "I suppose that would have it's benefits. You would not have all the expectation of being a proper lady when you were only young."

He walked down the halls with her, taking a sharp right and indicating a door, "I believe,"he said," This is yours."
Back to top Go down
Autumn Dawn Marcoux
Dancer
Autumn Dawn Marcoux

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 12:08 am

(Head here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 5:23 pm

William was told that Queen Juana was going to arrive to England. He was sent there to welcome her to court. The carriage arrived in the hour he knew and he bowed his head. He was also told that Juana was a powerful Queen, related to King..and very beautiful. He remained in silence until he approached the carriage to help her to get out, offering her his hand

Your Majesty..

People were right. She was extremely beautiful
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Queen of Naples and Jerusalem
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 5:48 pm

It was no secret just how powerful Queen Juana was, being cousin to the former wife of the King of England through her own great grandfather Ferdinand I of Naples who was the son of Alfonso V of Aragon, Juana arriving in England after her journey brought her by ship across the sea from Naples to England, she had control of Naples and Jerusalem including the throne which held the lands of Taranto which united with Naples, all the crowns including that the dukedoms of Calabria and that of her father's of Salerno and Biscelglie.  

She was probably one of the wealthiest women in Italy with such power on her which was rightfully her birthright, the carriage soon pulled up and the first to eagerly greet her was a servant loyal to the King of England, this was her first time arriving in England but she gently took the hand offered by William Pennington

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That long dark hair of hers was dragging along her back while pinned back a little beneath pearls and a crown as she wore attire signaling the royal blood in her,  the red colors even bringing out the fair skin of her body too and yes like the others rumored she was a intensely beautiful woman not to mention she had cast aside her own husband who had willingly chosen the life of the church going on pilgrimages for his soul.

The English accent echoed within her ears as her eyes looked right at the man

"senyor meu" she given him a slight smile, being kind to him for doing so when he arrived to meet her during her arrival to see the King of England "and whom might you be? His majesty is generous to send someone to greet me upon my arrival to see him." she knew the first language she spoke to him was Catalan language but recalled some here didn't know the languages she had so she had to resort to the Latin which was commonly known perhaps

The journey from where she came was long indeed but she came accompanied by royal guard for her own protection "I, you must forgive me, England is so new to me as I have never been upon these shores before but know his majesty seeks to meet with me with matters of importance. Perhaps you will like to walk with me?"
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2022 5:33 pm

William helped her to get out the carriage. And he got impressed by her accent and her beauty. He simply smiled at her

Your Majesty..I have nothing to forgive you. I perfectly understood what you meant, since your words and your voice are so clear and so..sweet at my ears. Also, I'm just and humble servant..you shouldn't ask for my forgiveness, because of your high rank..

Other servants took her lugguges while he replied with a bow at her request

Your Majesty..I feel honoured. I'll gladly walk with you wherever and whenever you wish. Consider me at your service. My name is William Pennington..

He kept on walking at her side along the garden
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2022 6:51 pm

Juana moved alongside the gardens while she had come to court the first time and William Pennington was most kind to her even during her arrival here, she had them dark hues looking right at him and she given a slight smile "Yes, but if it was not for my uncle I probably never would have risen to the throne as his heir. Both my parents were illegitimate" She admitted to him looking ahead of her, hearing his name spoken for his identity

"It is a pleasure my lord Pennington, to have a loyal servant such as yourself at my side to serve me so well as you do the King of England. I am Juana de Borja of Aragon, Queen of Naples and Jerusalem. My father was Alfonso of Aragon, the illegitimate son of the former King of Naples and my mother was Lucrezia Borgia"

She admitted truthfully to him, the knowledge she was the niece of the notorious Cesare Borgia as well would have come probably at a shock as well, especially considering how hated the Borgia family were, but she outcaste the name Borgia because how despised it was but being Queen did give her intense security too, she knew her children and her children's children would continue to rule in her place many generations to come.

"England is beautiful indeed, and I trust his majesty will ensure my comfort while I remain as his guest. My journey to England has me so far from home, England is strange to me and I trust his majesty intends firm alliances with me especially since his break from Rome and that of Spain my cousins."
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 5:35 pm

William was listening her while walking at her side. He turned his glance towards her to reply

I have heard about Borgia family, Your Majesty. And..of course I have heard of you. I'm sure you'll get a good alliance with our King. Everyone knows that he loves dealing with beautiful women...Oh! Please, forgive me..

He said immediately, fearing to offend her
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2022 1:30 pm

Juana heard his words of course even of her family but then with the notion of the King enjoying beautiful women and dealing with then, the young Queen turned them dark hues of hers looking right at William Pennington. Seeing him quickly apologizing in case he had offended her "Ahh yes, it has been spoken even in Naples how the King seeks other women for his interest when he no longer has interest in one he is with, it has happened to my cousin who as I gather he married once" she spoke quietly to him

"his majesty, he likes a beautiful woman you say? Well I'm sure even in England it's been rumored my own transgressions my lord, I have a husband who no longer seeks my bedside and takes to the life of a church my lord, I have casted him aside and he is the father of my children, my heir to the throne even as well."

She walked alongside him but she could see the nervousness on his face in worry of offending her "worry not my lord, your words offend me not. Rather I encourage them while my stay in England,  it shows me who will deceive me or be honest with me even though I am a Queen"
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 6:19 pm

William smiled after her words and tued his face towards her

Thank you, Your Majesty..I assure you that many english ladies would get offended by such bold words. But I think it's different in your country. Trasgressions..you say? Actually I heard only good things about you. And after all..if I'm allowed to speak freely..I think you have all rights to committ some...trasgressions, as you say. You're still so young...and you deserve all pleasure you desire..

He added, hoping his words were not too bold for her. But he was just telling the truth about her beauty. Such a woman couldn't stay alone, if her husband didn't share the bed with her
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 6:49 pm

Juana looked at Lord Pennington and listened to him "Then surely they are not aware with the Italian ways, we are as sharp tongued as we are bold my lord" She chuckles a bit, admitting even as a smile formed her lips "Perhaps it be why both my husbands I have had took such interest in me, I never was afraid to speak things or anything" She looked ahead of her while walking alongside him

"Well I have divorced a husband only once, but my second husband I no longer spend time among our marriage bed and he no longer comes to me. You see, when we were both younger he had a child with me, my son Ferdinand. He deceived me, made me believe my son was mine but all along my true son had been in Denmark the entire time, My husband who comes from England had not believed our son would make it alive so he switched him with a cousin of mine and deceived me making me think he was our son the whole time. I never found our child, and I have been tending to our other children instead."

"Yes I am young my lord, But I know I am now to be thirty seven years old soon in age, I was born in the year of 1500 in July my lord Pennington, the following year my father perished murdered in Rome, Italy. I had not had the guidance of a mother or a father, my father perished and my mother married another husband but died as well. Being a orphan my aunt Isabella of Aragon, Duchess of Bari took my brother Rodrigo and I in after she no longer was among the Sforza and her own husband had long already passed away in Pavia, I know I grew up witnessing my aunts much unhappiness, we spent many years side by side until 11 February 1524 when my aunt passed away herself which I lived in Bari with her for many of years.. "
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2022 5:50 pm

William was listening her with interest glacing around thm, and sometimes turning his hed towards her

I'm sorry for your son, Your Majesty. Switching children..it's so cruel doing that to a mother. I hope you could have some news of him, one day. I have no children...but I'd go to hell to bring my son back..

He tried to smile

English ladies never say their age..and I really admire your sincerity. I have to say that you look even younger..but I guess you have heard that by many people before me..
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 5:52 pm

Juana looked at the gentleman beside her as she walked alongside him and a smile formed her lips "well in Naples they called me a great beauty saying just how beautiful I had been in my younger years, I had even a ambassador who had I caught his eye when I myself was hardly the tender age if fifteen, i was so young but if I had not married a arranged marriage my first marriage he would have sought my hand himself I for which am most certain of it." she admitted

"but I was always urged that my studies by my relatives of Naples, in fact never once had I imagined the daughter of the King of Naples illegitimate son which I was would even gain the throne of Naples and Jerusalem as a successor, I had always wondered they might see me most unfit for the crown because the illegitimacy of my parents." she chuckles a bit

"well no, I am afraid no one speaks of how young I look still but perhaps it is a good quality to have when I do age and grow old in my years. Perhaps the women of England do not admit there age so openly because they fear that part of them, that one day we all will age us women and become Grey with our hair and wrinkles to our once lovely skin which was full of so much youth and beauty before. "
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2022 5:38 pm

William nodded with his head after she spoke

Probably it's true, Your Majesty. But I find very honest of you saying openly your age. As I said, you can say it proudly, because you still look like a young girl. Forgive me..I know you have your own servants and you trust them, but..may I accompany you until your chambers? I would be very honoured..

He suggested, turning his eyes towards her
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2022 5:58 pm

Juana looked at the man beside her and smiled "your words are most kind and yes you may accompany me however long you like, it bothers me not." she admitted, looking ahead of her while walking beside him she took in the fresh foreign air she knew was very new to her. She moved among the shaded areas looking toward the gardens, her long dark hair blowing slightly in a breeze "England it is certainly different for me"
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 5:23 pm

William looked at her with a smile

I'm sure it is, Your Majesty. Hope I can help to make you feel at home. Would you follow me, my Lady?

He said before bowing and entering into the Palace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming to Court   Coming to Court - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coming to Court
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next