The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Letters between Princess Katherine Tudor and King Henry VIII of England

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

Letters between Princess Katherine Tudor and King Henry VIII of England Empty
PostSubject: Letters between Princess Katherine Tudor and King Henry VIII of England   Letters between Princess Katherine Tudor and King Henry VIII of England I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 11:43 pm

Dearest Henry,

My beloved brother, I write to inform you that I have travelled north in the hopes of surprising our sister. I do not mean to abandon you and fully intend to return for Christmas, but I desperately desire to see our sister! It has been so long since we wrre together...so long since all three if us were united at court. I ask that your Majesty forgive my boldness not ask your permission and humbly apologise for this: I am your loyal and loving servant, as I shall always be. I just would like to spend a little time with Mary Rose and to meet our nephews. I would always like her to meet her niece: just as you have done.

I shall look forward to seeing you soon and telling you of my Scottish adventure. Lizzie sends her love and longs to see you again!

Your ever loving little sister,

Katherine
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Princess Katherine Tudor and King Henry VIII of England   Letters between Princess Katherine Tudor and King Henry VIII of England I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 12:28 am

My dearest sister,

I'm not bothered by your decision to leave. On the contrary, I think it's a good thing for you, especially after your lost. The mourning is over, dear Katherine. And it's time for you to start to live again. You're still young and beautiful. And once you'll be back, I'll decide about your future. I wish you to marry again and be happy. For yourself and your daughter..
Please, bring my love to Mary Rose and her husband. I miss her very much. And I can't wait to see my little nephews. Take care

With Love

Henry VIII of England
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Princess Katherine Tudor and King Henry VIII of England   Letters between Princess Katherine Tudor and King Henry VIII of England I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 10:45 am

Dearest Brother,

I shall pass on your love to our sister and an glad that you're Majesty has no objections to my trip. I look forward seeing you again and hearing your decision upon my future.

Your ever loving and loyal sister,

Katherine
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Princess Katherine Tudor and King Henry VIII of England   Letters between Princess Katherine Tudor and King Henry VIII of England I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 1:46 pm

Dearest Henry,

My most beloved brother, I pray that this letter finds you well and happy. I also hope that all goes well for you in France; a nation close to my heart for many reasons. My joyous and happy childhood with les sœurs at Poissy and more recently, the birth of my beloved daughter, your niece. I pray to the Lord each day for your safety and success across the channel.

When you are returned to us here in England, I would ask for an audience with your Majesty. It has been too long since we have spoken and it is my dearest wish to see my beloved brother and King. If it pleases you to grant me a private audience, it would be my great joy to enter your presence.

We spoke once of the future Henry and while I am uncertain of mine, for I am yours to command and give away as you see fit, it pleases me beyond words to see you forging yours. I am glad that the Lady Anne brings such happiness into your world and may it ever be that way.

With the greatest love and affection,

Your devoted sister,

Katherine, dowager queen of Navarre
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Princess Katherine Tudor and King Henry VIII of England   Letters between Princess Katherine Tudor and King Henry VIII of England I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 11:41 pm

My beloved Katherine,

dear sister, I'm happy receiving your letter and hearing about you. Things here in France are going very well. Anne met the french King as future Queen of England, and this makes me very happy.
I also hope you're well, and that my lovely niece is fine and healthy as well. I miss you both very much.
So, I would be very happy to grant you a private audience once I'll be back to England. I wish talking about you about our future, my beloved sister. I pray for your happiness and I wish you to have a safe and happy future with a worthy man at your side. You deserve happiness more than everyone else.

Hope to see you soon

With love
Henry Tudor, King of England
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Princess Katherine Tudor and King Henry VIII of England   Letters between Princess Katherine Tudor and King Henry VIII of England I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letters between Princess Katherine Tudor and King Henry VIII of England
Page 1 of 1