The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Catherine Howard's Chamber

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Francis Dereham
Gentleman of the Royal Household
Francis Dereham

Catherine Howard's Chamber Empty
PostSubject: Catherine Howard's Chamber   Catherine Howard's Chamber I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 5:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Francis Dereham
Gentleman of the Royal Household
Francis Dereham

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Howard's Chamber   Catherine Howard's Chamber I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 5:55 pm

It had been a long time since Francis saw Catherine. He had gathered that their was another man involved that didn't bother him as much. Francis was a free man he could offer Catherine the world, as far as he was concerned. With a candle reflecting of the walls, he asked Catherine to come to the door.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Howard's Chamber   Catherine Howard's Chamber I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 10:22 pm

I'd been laying in bed, dreaming of what it would be like to be at court, when I heard a knocking and Dereham's voice. Carrying a taper to the door I opened it, checking quickly to ensure there was no one else passing through the hall. "What are you doing here, Francis?" My tone was not sharp but curious. I even wondered if I should invite him in.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Howard's Chamber   Catherine Howard's Chamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 10:42 am

It had been a few weeks since I had written to ask of me and Kitty could go to court. Now, in my hands was a letter from the duke of norkolk I could still smell the freshly penned ink on the paper.

Kitty Kitty! We have had a reply from court.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Howard's Chamber   Catherine Howard's Chamber I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 5:28 pm

I had been looking at an illustrated book of the lives of the saints, when my sister entered announcing the good news. I jumped from my seat as my heart jumped into my throat. "What does it say?" I asked, though the look on her face was enough to tell me.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Howard's Chamber   Catherine Howard's Chamber I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 3:26 pm

Taking a knife I sliced through the hardened wax that held the letter together. I could not believe what I read oh, Kitty and I was now going places.

We are going to France!

I shrieked as I held out the letter to show Kitty what was written.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Howard's Chamber   Catherine Howard's Chamber I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 12:57 am

"France!" I exclaimed. "This is such amazing news! When do we leave?"
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Howard's Chamber   Catherine Howard's Chamber I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 7:14 pm

My eye's skimmed the letter reading all the important parts. I would go anywhere to with Catherine and protect her from any schemes the Boleyns had in store.

We are to leave at once! where we shall be expected to arrive in the great hall for a feast in which both kings shall greet each other. After that is over we are free to explore France at our pleasure.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Howard's Chamber   Catherine Howard's Chamber I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 3:09 am

My heart felt as if it grew wings! Sailing to France, where both Henry VIII and François I would be! I squealed in delight and fiercely hugged Izzy. "I promise, I will be on my best behavior! Everyone shall find me to be the epitome of a courtly young lady."
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Howard's Chamber   Catherine Howard's Chamber I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 6:52 pm

Catherine sat gazing outside at the falling leaves tumbling down outside. She wondered where Francis and Henry were hiding they had not paid court to her in ages!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Howard's Chamber   Catherine Howard's Chamber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catherine Howard's Chamber
Page 1 of 1