The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Ladies in waiting.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Ladies in waiting.  Empty
PostSubject: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 8:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 9:14 pm

Sitting quitely alone; i got to work on a tapestry my grand-mére had sent to me. In the past recent months it felt like ma famille had been disengaging from court engagements. My famille situation was that of a unnatural occurrence; that being my papa took ma tante as his mistress! A scandal that one could never recover from. Pierpont; never graced us with his presence at court anymore. Leaving only ma mére and moi to make sure the king never forgets our family name. With the chimes of the bells outside i knew that maybe on the off chance ma mére might come to visit.
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 8:07 pm

Genevieve wished to check in on her daughter and perhaps catch up on the goings on. Inside she found Coralie and was pleased to see her working on something useful instead of being out in the woods as usual.

"Ma chere fille, how fare you today?"
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 7:44 pm

"Mamma!"

I exclaimed like a child as I saw her standing their before me. Putting down my sewing; always putting the needle in first; i embraced my Mamma for the first in a very long while. In recent months it felt like our family was slipping away from each other like a cracking iceberg.

"I have missed you at one point i thought that i might not see you again."

My eyes were brimming with tears at this thought personally i blamed my papa.
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 5:42 pm

"Oh ma petite Coralie, don't cry. You know you will never lose your maman," she gently chided.

"You're looking more beautiful every day. And your gown suits you perfectly. Come, show me what you've been working on."

She kissed her daughters cheek and dried her tears.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 7:53 pm

I smiled as my mother reassured me. It had suddenly dawned on me how much i had missed her. My corset was beyond annoying and i craved for some more comfortable fitting clothes. But it made my mama happy to be lady like for once.

"It's only a simple flower pattern nothing to big i don't think the queen will let me near her tapestry just let."

I laughed gleefully as i sat down showing my mama my work.

"i have heard from papa recently he wishes to know how you fare."
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 9:36 pm

She held up the embroidery to the light and found it quite pleasing to the eye. She smiled.
"It's very pretty, Coralie. With practice you will without a doubt catch the queen's attention and be allowed to work on more beautiful pieces."

Hearing that Pierre had spoken of her, Geneviève sat down and looked composed.

"Oh? What did your father say?"
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 10:07 pm

I was glad that my mama approved of my so called embroidery I found it far annoying.

"Ah! But their must be other things to do in the queens household other than this."

I put it to one side taking in my mama reaction.

"Papa hasn't been with you for a long time he just inquired about your health. I want to reply and shock him."

My laugh gave out nastily.
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 5:35 pm

She sighed.

"Perhaps if the queen were more lively... But she prefers her prayers. If you want to do something fun I'm afraid it will have to be away from her quarters."

It was so common for her husband to fake affection. So she returned her daughters laugh.

"If we tell him I'm now the king's mistress, he wouldn't believe it... Mayhap tell him I am far too busy enjoying life to bother with thinking about him."
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 5:43 pm

"I shall tell him just that mama. But on a more serious note are you happy."

My papa had seemed to found happiness and I wished that for my mama as well.
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 4:06 am

Gen had an evasive answer for her daughter.

"Just a little..."

She wasn't young anymore to gush about the handsome man, the mysterious killer who, like Gen herself, had to keep her heart hidden.

"What's important is that you are happy. That should be your sole worry these days."
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 4:06 am

I wasn't one to argue back with my Mama I just felt that she should live her life for herself instead of me. I was happy to be at court with my family which is enough for me.

"You know what they say I'm happy if your happy. Now that I am starting to grow up a bit more. It has come to my mind that your happiness is just as more important than mine."
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 7:07 pm

Gen smiled.

"That is indeed a sign of growing up. But you were never a petulant child, Coralie. Your brothers were far more spoiled. By me, anyway."

She gave a deep sigh of satisfaction, looking out the window left open for the birdsong and sunlight to pour through.

"Do you ever wonder about what's going on in England, if King Henry is right to leave his wife so he can marry where his heart truly is?"
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 11:02 pm

Where her mother failed to spoil her the Queen made up for tenfold. Of course Coralie understood why she was never spoilt so much it was to make her strong against temptations thrown her way by strangers.

"I say that the King and people of our status are completely different. In an ideal world everybody would be able to marry for love and not comfort settling down just because the dowry is handsome."
Back to top Go down
Germaine Chabot
Lady-in-waiting
Germaine Chabot

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 10:01 pm

Coralie Guyot wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
*waits for the Queen*
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 8:28 pm

I arrived at the lounging area to relax, but to also think of the memories of the French Queen and the rest of the ladies. I lightly bite my fist to stop myself from crying of the missed happy memories.
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
Madeline Valois

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 12:33 pm

I was walking past the lady in waiting hall when I heard noise from within and did not know all the ladies were still here at the palace. I opened the door and walked into the room where there were several ladies all crying.

"What is wrong ladies?"
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 3:28 pm

I gasp as if in fright "I didn't hear you come in, My lady!" After composing myself I reply "There is nothing wrong Highness. Just thinking of the happy times with the Queen"
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
Madeline Valois

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2019 12:29 pm

A tear comes to my eye as they spoke of mother.

"I miss my mother so much she was always there for me. You serve my mother Lady Juliet?"
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2019 6:13 pm

"Oui" I stand and smooth my skirt of wrinkles "Twas a pleasure and honor serving honor." I said with a smile "I was requested to have a chat with your brother the other day"
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
Madeline Valois

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2019 6:51 am

I look at Juliet as she mentions my brother.

"A chat with my brother about what my lady?"
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2019 11:41 pm

"Since the passing of the beloved Queen,he asked me to be there in comfort for you and or be of assistance to you if need be." I said with a smile. Until the King remarries, I will gladly be of comfort to the Princess
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
Madeline Valois

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 1:14 pm

"Thank you for being so kind to me Juliet"
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 7:53 pm

"Tis a pleasure, Princess" I said with a smile "The Prince seems to care for you. A sibling like that isn't what should be taken granted for." I said If we shall, let's take a stroll before the Winter comes.
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
Madeline Valois

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2019 10:26 pm

"I sm so grateful for the care my brother shows me as I did not think it was that great.

A stroll you say. The last time I went into the garden was with my mother by my side we planted flowers together. Since she passed I have not set foot outside"
she says and looks up at Juliet as a tear began to fall from her eye after mention of her mother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladies in waiting.    Ladies in waiting.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladies in waiting.
Page 1 of 1