The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Joan & Anthony's Bedroom

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Anthony Denny
Gentleman of the Privy Chamber
Anthony Denny

Joan & Anthony's Bedroom - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joan & Anthony's Bedroom   Joan & Anthony's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 4:45 pm

He moved her hand away from his hand hood and kissed her, taking a deep breath as he wrapped her into his arms, "Tonight is probably better, Joan."

He broke away from the kiss but kept his lips against her mouth, brushing nose against hers, "When it's over and done with and you are Mrs Denny." he said with a mischievous smile.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Joan & Anthony's Bedroom   Joan & Anthony's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 5:05 pm

Joan had to bite her tongue tightly from saying something she would possibly regret. She sank into his arms; hoping she would be in the mood for him tonight. Ah yes man and wife never to be parted. Tell me dear Anthony after I am your wife are my thoughts still my own.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Joan & Anthony's Bedroom   Joan & Anthony's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 5:12 pm

He shook his head and said jokingly, "No. You shall need to agree with everything I say and never contradict me."

He chuckled and sat up, retrieving his breeches from the floor - kissing her head as he walked past her, "Of course they will be your own. As long as you don't quarrel with me in public then I'm content."

He began to lace up his breeches and tilted his head to the side, "What are you not saying?"he asked.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Joan & Anthony's Bedroom   Joan & Anthony's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 5:48 pm

Do you think that too much happiness is bound to die out. Joan asked him curiously as she brung her knees to her chest. She wasn't to sure what to think her mind was jumbled with thoughts that she did not want to share. Joan was a very private person she hadn't even told her family that she was here.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Joan & Anthony's Bedroom   Joan & Anthony's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 5:55 pm

Anthony frowned and walked over to her. He kneeled on the bed in front of her, "Perhaps,"he said simply and thoughtfully.

He wondered what brought on such words of cynicism from her. He didn't particularly consider the harsh realities of life - he never had to. He had never fought, never struggled to survive and had always lived a charmed life - he assumed marriage to Joan would be a continuation of that.

"I suppose eventually I will grow fat and have a white beard," he said playfully, "You will become irritable and curse the day you married me. But now...there is this and joys to have. I can't predict what will become of you and I but now...now I am happy."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Joan & Anthony's Bedroom   Joan & Anthony's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 6:19 pm

Anthony was tall; tall men didn't tend to grow fat than the other averaged height man. When you go back to court I shall not be returning with you. She wasn't in the mood to return to court; where other people had control over your happiness too. Do you know of Catherine Parr? She is currently married to Edward Borough. Anyway she has often me a place in her household.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Joan & Anthony's Bedroom   Joan & Anthony's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 6:27 pm

Anthony grumbled playfully and leaned closer so he could kiss her chin, "But everyone shall want to see my new and beautiful wife."

He then became sombre and held her face in his hands, "Have I made you unhappy? Is that it? Is that why you are leaving when we will only just be married?"

Then, quite spontaneously, Anthony gathered her from the bed, taking a deep breath and holding her in his eyes like a child, "I don't want to be parted from you."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Joan & Anthony's Bedroom   Joan & Anthony's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 7:03 pm

Please put me down Anthony. Joan knew she had let her heart take over and it was stupidly foolish of her. At this particular moment in time she didn't want to be anyones wife; lover or mistress for that matter. All Joan seeked was the privacy to sort her thoughts; and go to her employment.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Joan & Anthony's Bedroom   Joan & Anthony's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 7:17 pm

He did as she asked, surprised at her reaction. He hadn't been spurned before and certainly never by one like Joan, who he had developed such feelings for. He grabbed his boots from the floor and began to kick his feet into them, he glanced up to her as he walked over to the door - not bothering to collect his shirt, "Well...it's not a large estate - you'll be able find me...that is, if you want to."

He wasn't angry, but he admitted to himself he was hurt. His stomach had dropped and he couldn't understand her sudden change of heart, their sudden descent into reality. He spared a glance back to her before leaving the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joan & Anthony's Bedroom   Joan & Anthony's Bedroom - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joan & Anthony's Bedroom
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3