The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Wolsey's study

Go down 
+4
Thomas Cromwell
Lorenzo Campeggio
Nan Saville
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's study - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 7:32 am

I sat at my study desk writing letters when I am informed of the arrival of the Duke of Suffolk.

"Please let him in."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 9:50 am

"Charles entered the room and bowed before the Cardinal"

Your Eminence...have you sent for me?
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 12:34 pm

I look up at Charles

"Yes Charles please do sit down there is something I wish to discuss with you regarding his majesty.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 8:42 am

"Charles sighed and sat in front of his desk"

Yes...what I can do for you about His Majesty, Your Eminence?
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 8:43 pm

"As I am sure that you are aware my lord the king is very fond of Anne Boleyn and his great matter surrounding it but I cannot help to think that you are not fond of her either my lord are you?
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 9:21 am

"Charles sighed deeply after his words"

I think everyone at court knows that I never liked Boleyn's, Your Eminence. But...in spite of this...I'm still loyal towards His Majesty. So I respect his choice, and I think he is aware about my feelings...

"He replied looking at him"
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2020 8:59 pm

"I do believe that my Lord Brandon. His majesty as I am sure you are aware my Lord asked me to speak with the French King and the Emperor regarding fresh treaties but there does seem to be a problem concerning Anne Boleyn. I am not sure they will agree to anything unless certain terms are met. I would inform his majesty but I am to travel to meet with the French King soon and I only trust that you can deliver the message safely to His Majesty.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 1:51 pm

"Charles nodded after listening with attention"

Of course...I'll let His Majesty know, Your Eminence. Surely you are also aware that King Francis is going to marry a spanish princess, Eleanor of Austria. This could be another problem...beside Anne Boleyn..

"He said wondering his reaction"
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2020 8:36 pm

I looked at Charles intently.

"King Francis is to wed a Spanish Princess you say. When is this marriage due to take place and I do have an idea of possible problems but what are the concerns you have Charles?
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 9:17 am

"Charles sighed before replying"

Well...since His Majesty broke his alliance with Spain and Emperor Charles because of his divorce from Katherine of Aragon...I wonder what will happen now that his cousin Francis is going to wed a spanish Princess?

"He replied looking back at him"
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2020 8:20 am

I listen closely to his words then think for a moment before replying.

"You may indeed be right as this new match will give Francis a great alliance with Spain and indeed would surely turn his mind away from an alliance with England. Surely the only way to gain an alliance would be to negotiate with the new Queen of France and perhaps of course we would have to discuss it with his Majesty but perhaps match our new Queens soon to be child with a suitor of their choice in order to keep peace with both Spain and France even though we do not like Queen Anne I am thinking only for His Majesty. What do you think Charles?
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2020 8:34 am

"Charles raised an elbow"

Well...Anne Boleyn is going to give birth a child, Your Eminence. As you perfectly know, if she will give a son to His Majesty, he would be so happy that he won't be interested in Francis's wedding and his alliance with Spain. But...if she she will give a daughter to Henry..he will be very disappointed. So we can try to focus his attention towards the new Queen of France, and see what's happens next..

"He explained with neutral voice"
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 11:08 am

I looked at Charles and then spoke.

"Charles you are right of course a birth of a healthy son and his majesty would like you say be delighted but should he get a daughter things may indeed be much worse. It is said the new Queen of France is very beautiful indeed and perhaps we should indeed draw Henry's attention towards her as after all it would bring a good alliance for Henry with France and Spain should a suitable match be found say for his daughter Mary don't you agree Charles?
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 9:16 am

"Charles smiled a bit"

Yes...I have heard about Princess Eleanor's beauty, Your Eminence. But I have also heard that she is very religious. So...I don't think Henry will manage to use her to arrive until Francis. Neither the previous Queen, Claude Valois, allowed this. And about a match for Princess Mary..this is not a priority of His Majesty, at the moment. But I will talk to him about all this..and I'll let you know his words..
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 8:40 pm

"Master Brandon I do look forward to speaking with you again regarding the words of his majesty on these matters but it will be difficult as Anne always seems to be close by him my lord.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 12:11 pm

"Charles stood up"

As I'll find out something interesting, I'll let you know, Your Eminence. We'll meet again...

"He bowed and left the room while looking at him"
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 8:26 pm

"Very well master Brandon we shall speak again soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's study   Wolsey's study - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolsey's study
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6