The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Elizabeth's Christening

Go down 
+5
Royce Westmoreland
Geoffrey Lonshord
Charles Brandon
Anne Boleyn
Henry VIII of England
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Elizabeth's Christening Empty
PostSubject: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2020 9:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2020 5:11 am

I arrived at the chapel for the christening of my daughter. I was accompanied by my ladies and my sister Mary had come too. As I entered I held Elizabeth in my arms and approached the altar where she was to be christened and I turned to face the door as I arrived at the altar and standing beside the bishop I waited patiently for the arrival of my husband the King.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 10:13 am

"Charles entered the Chapel to attend Princess's Christening. He waited with other guests King's arrival. Queen Anne was already there with her daughter. And Bishop Cranmer was ready to start the ceremony He bowed respectfully at them"
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 10:18 am

Geoffrey was told to attend the ceremony in order to be at guest's service in case they need something. He was standing silently next the door, making sure that everything was alright
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 10:23 am

Royce was still in England, so he decided to attend his niece's Christening before leaving for Scotland. He sat at his place after greeting Queen Anne with a deep bow
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 11:22 am

I nod my head towards Royce Westmoreland and the Duke of Suffolk as they both arrived at the Christening. Whilst standing beside Bishop Cranmer I saw Geoffrey Lonshord standing by the door and I signalled for him to come over as I wanted to speak to him before Henry arrived.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 12:20 pm

Henry walked in the Chapel while everyone bowed to him. He saw Anne and smiled, taking place next to Bishop. One of Anne's ladies took Elizabeth's from Anne to place her in Mary Boleyn's arms
Back to top Go down
Niklaus Petrovin
Count of Luga
Niklaus Petrovin

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 1:09 pm

Nikaus joined the Chapel and bowed to King and Queen. He took his place next to other people and waited the ceremony to begin
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 1:12 pm

William entered while the ceremony were about to start. He looked around and bowed respectfully. He put himself on the other side of the door, beside Geoffrey
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 12:24 pm

I smile as my husband arrived and I curtsied to him as he did then I rose and stood beside him as our daughter was about to be Christened.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cranmer
Archbishop of Canterbury
Thomas Cranmer

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 10:17 am

Thomas bowed to King and Queen Anne. As Lady Mary Boleyn approached him with baby Elizabeth in her arms, he started the ceremony

"In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritu Sanctus. We are here to consacrate this child as God's child. Since now, she will be part of Christian family. May God bless Princess Elizabeth Tudor, her parents and her life. May she have a long and prosperous life, may she grow up in virtue and holiness.."

He took the baby in his arms and put some holy water upon her head

"Ego te baptizo, Elizabeth, in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritu Sanctus. Amen"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 12:30 pm

I smiled as Cranmer spoke then when he had finished he handed me Elizabeth and I held her closely in my arms. I looked at Henry

"Isn't she beautiful Henry?
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 10:56 pm

Mary gazes upon her neice adoringly as Anne is holding her in her arms.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2020 9:08 am

Anne Boleyn wrote:
I nod my head towards Royce Westmoreland and the Duke of Suffolk as they both arrived at the Christening. Whilst standing beside Bishop Cranmer I saw Geoffrey Lonshord standing by the door and I signalled for him to come over as I wanted to speak to him before Henry arrived.

Geoffrey noticed Anne's gesturing to him. He approached her slowly and bowed

Your Majesty..
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2020 9:53 am

Anne Boleyn wrote:
I smiled as Cranmer spoke then when he had finished he handed me Elizabeth and I held her closely in my arms. I looked at Henry

"Isn't she beautiful Henry?

Henry looked at baby Elizabeth and then he turned his eyes towards Anne

She is, my love. She is Princess of England. And she will be my only heir...until the birth of our Prince..

He whispered smiling and holding her hand
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 6:37 am

I smile at Henry as he says words that delight me.

"One day our daughter will be part of a great family and kingdom I am sure of it and I thank you my love in saying she will be your heir until our son is born I am so happy. We should get Elizabeth her own household my love don't you agree?
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 6:39 am

I look at Geoffrey Lonshord as he approached and bowed.

"Geoffrey you have been greeting all guests today who have come here tell have my father, uncle and brother arrived yet for I have not seen them and if they have not please can you go and inform them that I will see all three in my private chambers tonight.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 9:50 am

Geoffrey nodded and bowed

As you wish, Your Majesty. I will send them in your chambers later..

He bowed again and left the Chapel
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 10:23 am

Anne Boleyn wrote:
I smile at Henry as he says words that delight me.

"One day our daughter will be part of a great family and kingdom I am sure of it and I thank you my love in saying she will be your heir until our son is born I am so happy. We should get Elizabeth her own household my love don't you agree?

Henry smiled

Of course she will have her own household, my love. I'm thinking to put Lady Mary at her service. Now come, my Queen...you need to rest..

Holding her hand, they left the Chapel walking towards Anne's chambers
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2020 7:04 am

I take Henry's hand and I knew he was right I did need rest.

"I think it is a good idea for Mary to serve her for it will be useful for her too and Lady Bryan I would consider looking after the household. But we can discuss these later as now you are right I am tired and I must rest Henry. I say kissing him softly too.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 10:38 am

Henry kissed Anne's lips and Elizabeth's forehead. He smiled

I promise that everyone is against our marriage and our daughter will be punished, my love. Now reach your chambers with your sister Mary. I need to discuss something important with Master Cromwell..

Then he left the Chapel while everyone bowed around him
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 9:15 pm

I smiled at Henry and then spoke.

"Thank you Henry and let us hope there are not many who offend me or us even. I shall retire to my chambers as you request my love but please come to me tonight Henry" I say smiling
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth's Christening   Elizabeth's Christening I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth's Christening
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Tudors World :: ENGLAND / Palaces and Houses :: Whitehall Palace :: Chapel-
Jump to: