The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves Empty
PostSubject: Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves   Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2021 6:58 am

5th October 1533

Dearest Sister,
I haven’t heard from you since your return and I am curious to know how you are. I am still at Bavaria castle if you wish to contact me.

Your sister,

Sybille
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves   Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2021 8:24 am

Dearest sister Sybille

You must forgive me for my lateness in replying to you. I was sent by our brother William to England and if you can believe it I was invited to a dinner with King Henry VIII. It was an unusual experience to say the least and I do get the feeling he seemed to be taking a liking towards me.

Tell me Sybille how are things in Bavaria?

Anne
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves   Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 4:30 pm

11th October 1533

Dear Sister,

What was it like to meet the king of England? Have your whits and senses about you dear one. If you are seen getting too close to him or any hint of rumors begins about you two, you much come home for safety. Speaking of which, when are you coming home? I am so alone here.

Your sister,

Sybille
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves   Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 8:16 pm

Dear sister

The King of England is very different to the man that they all speak of for he is most kind and caring towards me and welcomed me into England. I will keep my wits about me and watch myself closely sister do not worry.

I do long to come home but I have to wait until brother William permits it and I so long to see you again sister for it has been too long. Is William not there with you?

Anne
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves   Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2021 2:25 pm

17th October 1533

Dear Sister,

Our parents both send love to you and William is busy with his studies. Mother is dealing with the estates her father left her a couple of years ago. Father is still forging his friendship with Erasmus. We wish you would come home. We wouldn’t have to stay at palace. We could go to one of the three of our families estates instead!

William did get in a lot of trouble with father for sending you to England. Did our brother tell you why he sent you?

We love and miss you dear Anne,

Sybille
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves   Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 7:46 pm

Dear sister

I so want to be able to come home too and see you again for I miss you greatly. Mother how is she doing with managing the estates I hope everything is okay?

I am a little confused to sister as to why I have been sent here to England for I do not speak great English and I tried my best with King Henry but I do not belong here. Can you speak with father for me sister I want to come home.

Anne
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves   Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2022 6:41 pm

29th January 1533

Dear Sister,

We all look forward to you coming home and with it being winter the windy should get you home faster to us! It is always rather windy during this period you’ll be home in no time.

I very much look forward to hearing about Henry VIII when you return!

Safe travels meine Schwester,

Sybille
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Anne of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves   Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2022 7:39 am

My dearest sister Sybille

I am hoping to leave this very week to come and see you for it has been to long and let us pray that the wind brings me home faster. Henry Viii is an interesting man indeed and one I did not expect.

O hope this letter finds you well and you my forgive my lateness in reply sister.

Anne
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves   Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2022 1:12 am

26 October 1533

Dearest Sister,

I have been thinking about you often and long to know if your whereabouts. Have you left the English country yet?
Perhaps let me know so I can plan our reunion.

Your ever loving sister,

Sybille

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves   Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letters between Anne and Sybille of Cleves
Page 1 of 1