The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Marguerite's Room at the Inn

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

Marguerite's Room at the Inn Empty
PostSubject: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 6:49 pm

Marguerite's Room at the Inn 0-JRR-MAI-211119-HENRYVIII-29
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 6:52 pm

Inigo walked in the room ans looked around carefully. Marguerite was with his and he was waiting for her response

This is your room, Majestad. It seems large and clean. But if you don't think it's worty of your rank we can move elsewhere..

He suggested
Back to top Go down
Marguerite of Navarre
Queen of Navarre
Marguerite of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 10:43 pm

I looked around the room and then spoke.

"The room does indeed look very clean, tidy and just perfect. Please ensure Inigo that the fire continues to go, for I do feel cold.

I would like to set out for France tomorrow, for I do not wish to linger to long. Did you send my letter to my brother?
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2023 6:42 pm

Inigo nodded

I did, Majestad. Your brother will be reached by your letter soon. I'll mke fire into cheminy personally. And...if you allow me, I'll sleep on the floor next to door in order to protect you. I'll try not to disturb you. So tomorrow we can leave..

He reached the cheminy and put some wooden pieces in it. After a while he set fire

Marguerite's Room at the Inn Installare-camino
Back to top Go down
Marguerite of Navarre
Queen of Navarre
Marguerite of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 10:29 pm

"The fire is excellent Inigo, thank you. I am grateful to you for sending my letter to Francois too. It has been too long since I was last in France, I am sure many things have changed there. Inigo, you may sleep outside the door and please ensure that no one disturbs me during the night. I would also like for you to place one of the guards on the ground outside beneath my window.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2023 6:42 pm

Inigo nodded

Don't worry, Majestad. I'll sleep outside door and no one will disturb you. So feel safe because I'll protect you personally. The guards will be at window as you require. Now, I leave you prepare yourself for night. I'll be outdoor. Please, don't hesitate to call me if you need something..

Back to top Go down
Marguerite of Navarre
Queen of Navarre
Marguerite of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2023 8:20 am

I settled down for the night in my bed feeling assured that Inigo would protect me. The guards had taken their place outside the window, however what I did not know was that one of my guards had been knocked out cold and replaced with a fake.

As the moon shone through the window and I had finally settled down, it was around midnight when I heard a noise outside the window and as I woke up disturbed, I noticed a man standing at the end of my bed holding rope. I was a little shocked and still very sleepy and as I woke properly it was only then that I found my hands bound behind my back and it was at this point I noticed he was holding a cloth in his hand heading for my mouth.

I had to get Inigo's attention and so I shouted as loud as I could "Inigo, help me! I shouted as I was gagged by the stranger and a bag placed over my head. Before he could take me out of the window the door opened and Inigo burst in with three more of my guards and it was at this point that a blade was held to my throat.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2023 9:06 am

Inigo was sleeping outside door. But as he heard clearly the Queen shouting his name, he got up immediately and entered in the room with three guards, helding his sword

Majestad!

He shouted, as he saw a man handing a blade at Queen's throat. Without thinking futher, he kept on fighting with the stranger. He had to leave Marguerite to fight, so the guards kept to free her hands. The stranger had a mask on his face, but he was good with sword. Inigo hit his arm and blood fell on the floor...but he reacted and the stranger hit Inigo making his shoulder bleeding as well. They were both harmed now, but before guards could block him, he escaped from the opened window.
The guards ran out to try to capture him, while Inigo ran at Marguerite's feet

Majestad! Majestad..are you harmed? Please, don't worry, now..you're safe. He escaped..damned! But we'll bring him! Are you..alright..mi Reina?

Marguerite was shaking. He was still bleeding but he didn't care. He just cared for her safety. Actually, he didn't understand who that man was, and if he wanted to kidnap the Queen or...raping her. He thought this because he noticed that her nightgown was a bit torn at her breast. Instinctively, he took her hands and kissed them deeply to ask forgiveness
Back to top Go down
Marguerite of Navarre
Queen of Navarre
Marguerite of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2023 9:37 pm

I was still shaking after the horrible experience I had just gone through.

I looked up at Inigo as he came to comfort me after rescuing me.

"Inigo, I am much better now that you saved me and thank you for coming so quickly, I was starting to fear what he would do to me. You are of course forgiven Inigo, but your arm is bleeding, are you okay?

That man, I want him found and arrested. We will take him with us to France and then we will deal with him properly. Inigo, I want him to be tortured to for information, and please I don't want to linger in this place any longer I want the safety of France and please we leave at first light.
But before then I want to forget about all of this with sleep and this time Inigo please stay in the room with me, but behind the screen next to my bed. I know this way I will certainly be safe and thank you again.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 5:42 pm

Inigo nodded to reassure her

Majestad..don't worry about me. I just need to wash my wound on my arm and I'll be better soon. I swear to you that we'll catch that man, and that tomorrow will leave at sunrise. And of course I'll sleep here next to your bed, tonight. You have nothing to fear, mi Reina..

He said befre placing a blanket on the floor, next to her bed
Back to top Go down
Marguerite of Navarre
Queen of Navarre
Marguerite of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2023 9:32 pm

"Thank you Inigo, with you beside my bed I can be assured that tonight I will be safe. Tell the guards to not stop looking until he is found at once. How far is the journey to France, Inigo?
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2023 5:59 pm

Inigo prepared his place next to her bed

I think it will take a couple of days, mi Reina. But don't worry. I'll be always at your side. I swear we'll catch that man. But now, please. Try to sleep. You must be very tired. I'm here at few steps from you..

He said taking softly her hand in his
Back to top Go down
Marguerite of Navarre
Queen of Navarre
Marguerite of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2023 9:49 am

I looked at Inigo.

"You are right, now I will try and sleep after that horrible experience. I do not wish for anyone except my chief lady attending on me in the morning Inigo, is that clear?
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2023 8:42 am

Inigo nodded

Of course, Majestad. But please, you need to have rest, now. Tomorrow we'll leave. And I swear no one else will harm you..

He said with firm voice staring at her eyes
Back to top Go down
Marguerite of Navarre
Queen of Navarre
Marguerite of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 10:33 am

I looked back at him at then spoke.

"Thank you Inigo, I will rest now. I said closing my curtain and laying down.

As the night went on it was at first light when Inigo was up early and by the window when one of my guards spoke to him from below.

"Sir, we captured the runaway from last night.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2023 6:35 pm

Inigo woke up at down lights, and as the guard spoke to him, he nodded and came closer Marguierite's bed, who was still sleeping

Majestad, I'm sorry to make you wake up, but my guard just told that the man who assaulted you last night, has been captured. You have nothing to fear, now..
Back to top Go down
Marguerite of Navarre
Queen of Navarre
Marguerite of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 10:19 pm

I was still sleeping when I heard Inigo's voice and I woke up slowly.

"Inigo, what time is it? The man who assaulted me captured? This is good news. Ensure that his hands remain bound behind his back. He will be punished when I say.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2023 10:20 am

Inigo bowed and nodded

As you wish, Majestad. It's just sunrise, we can continue our journey to France, if you wish. And we may bring the prisoner with us. We need to know who wanted to attempt to your life, Majestad. I..I'll leave you alone if you need to dress up..

He added stepping back respectfully
Back to top Go down
Marguerite of Navarre
Queen of Navarre
Marguerite of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 8:35 am

"Inigo, yes let us continue our journey to France, for I do not wish to stay here longer. Please can you go and tell the men to ready the horses and my carriage. On your way out Inigo, can you send in my chief lady in waiting to help me dress?
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 9:16 am

Inigo nodded

As you wish, Majestad. I'm outdoor if you need me. When you'll be ready, we'll continue our travel to France..

He bowed and left room. Her chief lady entered to help her to dress up

Marguerite's Room at the Inn Maxresdefault
Back to top Go down
Marguerite of Navarre
Queen of Navarre
Marguerite of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 9:19 am

"Thank you Inigo, I shall be ready soon. I need to look my best for the arrival into France.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marguerite's Room at the Inn   Marguerite's Room at the Inn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marguerite's Room at the Inn
Page 1 of 1