The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Masquerade ball

Go down 
+13
Danielle De Barbarac
Mary Boleyn
Mary Rose Tudor
William Pullen
Emilie De Fontanay
Anna Stafford
Charles Brandon
Niklaus Petrovin
Diane de Poitiers
Edward Craven
Nan Saville
Anne Boleyn
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

Masquerade ball - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Emilie feel happy of Elizabeth interest in her school.
Bien sûr, je serais ravie de votre visite si vous venez passer visiter mon école !
She smile kindly.
But tell me about you, where do you come from ?
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:16 am

"I come from Witshire, my lady, I confess I do miss it dearly..."

I smile thinking of the times I did meet the Seymours. Jane is such a kind girl, we did not converse so often as we grew up. I should hope to meet her again...
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Emilie still don't know well England's map and can't recall where it Witshire,.
I understand it, I miss dearly the castle of Fontanay,where I am born, I also miss the Eastnor castle where I live now, but I will return there soon anyway.
She sigh in recalling of her still painful recent separation from George Boleyn, thinking suddenly that no matter how many years she will live again in the castle of Eastnor, he will never again come to join her and their daughter there as he did so many times while the last months, once he succedding to get some days of freedom from his duties at court, jumping from his carriage in the courtyard and running toward them and embracing them ... his strong but tender arms around her, his warm breath on her skin ...
She still hardly get used to this idea, little details like that come to her mind in spite of herself, for a second, she think that maybe all isn't lost, that maybe he will come back to them, but the last thing that he told her was clear, she know that it's wrong, that for him it's really over.
She sigh sadly then try to force her mind to come back to what is going on now and her conversation with the lady, think to something else, Emilie, she order herself, don't torment yourself, you still have your daughter and friends and you will end by forget him.
She breath deeply for refrain her tears and turn to the table, for get sure that the lady will not notice it if ever the tears would began to flow in spite of herself and gaze at the goblets with empty and, fortunately, dry eyes, in spite of the huge pain deep in her being, she tun to the lady and propose her, as for hide her real state of mind to her and think to something else.
Would you like something to drink, mylady ?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:53 pm

Julia looked at Wolsey and Anne again. Wolsey, Wolsey, Wolsey... Duplicitous French puppy. He seems very kind for lady Anne... Hmm... What is he conniving...? she tought and decided to come closer. Lady Anne... Julia smiled kindly. Your Eminence... she smiled as kindly as she could without showing a resentment. I am so happy to see you again, cardinal. And also you, lady Anne. The French miss your beautiful face at french court. I hope I am not intruding?
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:23 pm

I hold my goblet a little higher in the air, indicating I have a drink,"No thank you, my lady."

I sense her sadness I could not image leaving an England and living in a foreign land. Though I would find it a great adventure and love to travel I doubt I would like to live there forever.

"Please, if you will. Tell me more about yourself..."
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Emilie notice the goblet in Elizabeth's hand and nodd.
Allright, I take just one, then.
She look among the goblets of wine until finding fruit juices and take a goblet of apple juice and take a sip of it, then as she ask to know more about her, she smile slighty, her eyes misty by a veil of sadness, feeling happy to have a conversation with this nice, it will surely make her forget her heartache, even if only while a moment, she nodd and answer.
Yes, of course, but it could be long !, what about having a seat first ?.
She point out a sofa where there is two empty places and go to sat in one of them, install cozily and take a sip of her juice, waiting for Elizabeth.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:54 pm

I smile and take a sip from my goblet. I sit down beside her and brush my delicate hand against my beautiful dress so it does not crease. I look up at Emilie and smile-she seems so kind. I quickly glance at Klaus and sigh a little sadly. i then turn back to Emilie...
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:59 pm

Wolsey still waited for an answer from Anne, but she seemed to look right through him. He sighed inaudible, there was his answer; she had not written those letters to him out of kindness but only to please the King.
When he followed her gaze he saw to his great joy the King come in. At the same time a lady approached, smiling at both him and lady Anne.
He frowned as he recognized her, then smiled friendly at her.

'Lady Mytforth... welcome at English court. Well, my ladies, since you know eachother. I'l leave you alone.'

He bowed slightly to them and walked quickly toward the King, bowing deeply.
'Your Majesty! I'm very pleased you could come to this celebration in your honor! ' He smiled widely.
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:13 pm

Emilie notice that Elizabeth glance again to the same man, wondering if she would had prefer to talk with him, then as she come to sat by her side, she turn to her, crossing her legs and tell her.
Well, what can I tell you about me ? as I said, I am born in France, my father is the late king of France, Louis XII, and my mother, Cécile, was his maitresse en titre. I arrived at english court four years and a half ago, it's my father who have send me there height months before he pass away, I was just 15 years old and I came alone, but the court have become as a second family for me and now, even if I have my own castle and a school to manage, I often take journeys at cour.
She take a sip of her juice.
I hope that you will be happy at court too and soon find your place here, how do you find it for now ?
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:23 pm

Maitresse en titre? Official mistress.

I give her an understanding look as she tell me her interesting story- life cannot be easy for her. Arriving at court when she was only fifteen. Even now it is a child, though I am only nineteen. Four years ago I do not know if I would have been allowed to leave home. I was always told I was too adventurous for a girl, always seeking adventure. Now I think to please my family I have became shy and introverted...not the true me.

"I must confess I have not enjoyed it so much. It had been a comfort to have my brother with me however I..." I stop and look down playing with my hair...
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:34 pm

She can read empathy on her face, then slight sadness as she evocate her own fate, she notice that she look down as for hide her air, she kindly put a hand on her arm.
I know that it isn't easy when you are new at court, but I am sure that you will soon make friends and when you will have friends and get used here, you will surely love it as I have slowly learn to love it. And indeed your brother's presence will help you a lot, I wish that I would had someone of my family too when I arrived at court.
She think to her daughter and a smile appear her face.
But now I have someone of my family, I have my beloved daugther ,.even if the situatiion is ... unusual ... I adore her and in her compagny, I am really happy, whatever happen.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:41 pm

I smile after learning she has a daughter,"Thank you, my lady...your kind words do touch me..."

I wonder how many children I will have when I marry,"How old is your daughter?"
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:52 pm

She release her arm, glide a lock of her curls behind her ear, smile in thinking to Olympe.
She is two years old, her name is Olympe and she is an adorable little angel.
Thinking to their situation, alone together, she sigh and look at the juice in her goblet with thougthful air.
The situation isn't easy, because we are alone together, her and me.

Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:54 pm

I frown a little when I hear she is on her own,"...Did...your husband die, or..."

Olympe-what a beautiful name!
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:41 pm

She sigh and blush, looking at her with a sad air on her face, then shake her head slowly and whisper in her ear.
No, in fact Olympe has been concieved accidentally, I had never been married ... I was a innocent young girl when i arrived at court, but I had a first passionate love, that have end by a heartache, a mixture of sadness, naivety and loneliness have lead me to do stupidities ...
She take a sip of her goblet.
My daughter's father has been in our life for a time ... I thinked to have find again happiness, but it was too beautiful for last ... he have leave me recently and disappear of our life ... it's why her and me are alone now.
She cross her arms and look at her shoes, trying to hide the sadness in her eyes, amazed to succed in keeping them dry, she take a deep breath, embarrased to have talk about something so personal to a lady whom seem really nice but she had just encounter;
I count on your discretion about what I had just tell you.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:44 pm

I sigh a little, how sad and unfortunate that such a kind soul has had to suffer such heart ache.

"You have my complete confidence and trust...,"I then whisper,"Je ne dirai pas une âme,"

I touch he hand a little, sensing her sadness...
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:11 pm

[b]Emilie smile a sadly as Elizabeth, she touch her hand, feeling relieved that she understand her and will be discreet.
Thank you for it, Elizabeth, I don't need nasty gossips about me around court, this recent rupture is enough for make me sad, it's why I am carefull, but I feel that I can trust you.
She sigh and add.
At last, I have my daughter and I have get the use to live alone with her, before he and I had get back together, so well, I will simply continue and deal with the sadness to have lost him and the little family that we was forming.
She take a sip of her goblet.
Anyway, I wish you to have more chances than me in love and to make a good marriage.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:17 pm

"I am glad you feel you can trust me and I feel the same with you. That is why I tell you this,"I pause and tuck my hair behind my ear, feeling a little self conscious.

"That man over there...I met him not long ago and he showed such kindness and affection. I began to think of he perhaps courting me but then at our last meeting he left me for no apparent reason and I felt foolish for thinking he would ever show interest in me."

I feel my cheeks flush, I was foolish of course I was...
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:00 am

Interest by what Elizabeth is revealing her, Emilie forget her own sadness and glance to the man curiously.
Oh, it's why I saw you glance to him. After what you tell me, I think that he is kind and interested in you, maybe he left you simply because he was in a hurry.
She turn to Elizabeth again.
I don't see why you felt foolish to have think that he could be interested in you, because you are pretty and nice, you can catch men's eyes and I think that you have possibly catch his eyes.
She take a sip of her goblet and tell her in a low voice.
If I may, I am gonna give you two advices, the first one, be always careful with men, aside good friends of course, because you can come to do things without thinking, I know it well, I did, I had intimity with another another man in my life aside my daughter's father, exactly the kind of shallow relationship that I would had never think to have, a womanizer and a pervert who had treat me as a toy for his lust, I am still angry with myself for has been that stupid.
She sigh in recalling of her shallow affair with the painter.
The worse is that we have separate just a few weeks before I accidentally concieve Olympe with her father, in a moment of passion, so I have think that this man was her father, until, in growing up, her face features have clearly reveal a unmistable looking like with her real father, himself have identify her as his daughter once he have encounter her, without I had told him, she was yet one year and a half. About him, in spite of the way he have disappear of our life, I don't regret what I did because I loved him, and I am sure that he loved me too, he was my first love and we had a long and serious relationship.
She look to people around and turn again to her.
Well all this for advice you to being careful and my second advice is to tell to this man directly about your feelings and to ask him if it's reciprocal or not. I know that it isn't easy to tell theses things directly, especially since you look a bit shy and self-conscious, but it's surely the better way to know if he worth your interest or not.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 6:19 pm

I nod at her wise words listening to her carefully.

Quote :
If I may, I am gonna give you two advices, the first one, be always careful with men, aside good friends of course, because you can come to do things without thinking, I know it well, I did, I had intimity with another another man in my life aside my daughter's father, exactly the kind of shallow relationship that I would had never think to have, a womanizer and a pervert who had treat me as a toy for his lust, I am still angry with myself for has been that stupid.

I frown a little, wondering how a man could be cruel to Emilie. A man could easily be jealous of her because of her success with her school and I am sure that her daughter Olympe is a credit to her.

Quote :
The worse is that we have separate just a few weeks before I accidentally concieve Olympe with her father, in a moment of passion, so I have think that this man was her father, until, in growing up, her face features have clearly reveal a unmistable looking like with her real father, himself have identify her as his daughter once he have encounter her, without I had told him, she was yet one year and a half. About him, in spite of the way he have disappear of our life, I don't regret what I did because I loved him, and I am sure that he loved me too, he was my first love and we had a long and serious relationship.

I wonder who her father is? Perhaps it was a man from court. I do hope he is kind ti Emilie as I hope we may be friends and I think it cruel that she has had all these hardships. I sigh silently and sip from my goblet. I then look up as she continue to speak. I sense her sadness a little so I give her an understanding smile...

Quote :
Well all this for advice you to being careful and my second advice is to tell to this man directly about your feelings and to ask him if it's reciprocal or not. I know that it isn't easy to tell theses things directly, especially since you look a bit shy and self-conscious, but it's surely the better way to know if he worth your interest or not.

"Perhaps you are right...And what if he does not...reciprocate my feelings. I will feel more foolish that I do now,"I look at Klaus and then back to Emilie keen to listen to her speak, though she is young she does remind me a little of my mother.
I take a sip from my goblet and then put it on the table...
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 8:22 pm

She smile weakly at Elizabeth's understanding smile, she listen attentively to her answer with a kind air.
It's a possibility, but at last, you will know for sure about his feeling and if ever it isn't reciprocal, you and him can become good friends, myself I have two very good male friends. Of course in your case it's different since you fancy him, but it could change then. And if it's reciprocal, then you will not regret to have ask him.
She sigh, remembering of the hurtful things that she have live feeling proud to have succed in going through all this even with this recent rupture that have cause her a new heartache, and to remain strong .
Myself, I reject all the men who fancy me, I don't want to be heartbroken again, my daughter's father was the only man whom I really loved and wanted in my life and he have leave me, so I prefer to live alone with my Olympe.
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:36 pm

Emilie yawn, realizing that she is getting tired and some rest, she bow to Elizabeth, get up and leave the room.
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:33 pm

She wore black and ordinary mask for the ball. She also wore a black dress. When she came,she stopped for a minute in front of the door. After the door opened,she sighed and she entered the room with a little smile on her face. While servant was going ,she didn't forget to get her wine. Then,she looked around.
Back to top Go down
http://thetudorsworld.yetkin-forum.com
Katherine of Aragon
Dowager Princess of Wales
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 6:55 pm

As I walk down the Hall into the grandly decorated Hall, I see looks people are giving me. I am in a new purple gown, which was a gift. As my name is announced in the Hall, the music stops and every ones stops what they were doing. I used to love this attention, but now I know people will go an conspire against me behind there hands. I know by the total silence that Anne is in the room, and sure enough right in the center of the room there. She is surrounded as usual by both men and women alike. I ignore it for nothing shall spoil my evening. This is a celebration and so let be
"Music!" I call, gesturing for the dancing and enjoyment to continue
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 8:56 am

Wolsey just told the King that Campeggio has arrived and Henry replied that he and Campeggio should present themselves the next morning in his office as the music stopped.
He turns around to find out what happens and sees to his full surprise the Queen entering, that he had not expected. He sigh and bows slightly to the King and walks quickly over to her with respect for her courage, though after all, she is still the Queen!
He bows deeply as he stands before her, smiling affably.
' Your Majesty! Welcome to this feast in multiple glory of Your Majesties!' How many times he has received them this way, using exactly the same words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade ball   Masquerade ball - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Masquerade ball
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next