The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Corridor

Go down 
+3
Anthony Knivert
Henry VIII of England
Charles Brandon
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:31 pm

Henry came out from Great Hall with Anthony. He reached corridor with him, laughing. But suddenly he stopped when he noticed Cardinal Campeggio standing there and arguing with a guard

Look at him, Anthony. Always busy in making pressure on someone...

He whispred ironically in Anthony's ear, glancing at him

Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Gentleman of the Royal Household
Anthony Knivert

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 5:45 am

His majesty and I came out of the Great Hall laughing having a good time, when we see Cardinal Campeggio. I notice Henry's face deteriorate as he looks towards the cardinal. I then look back at Henry, "Well your majesty, perhaps someone should make pressure on him..." I said with a grin as we both continued to look at Campeggio.

Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Henry laughed for his answer, still looking at the Cardinal

Yes, Anthony. Probably...

He patted softly his shoulder and walked towards Campeggio

Your Eminence...

Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Campeggio
Bishop of Winchester
Lorenzo Campeggio

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Campeggio looked at him

"Your Majesty.."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:51 pm

Henry smiled weakly and looked straight at his face

I trust we'll have a verdict very soon...

Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Campeggio
Bishop of Winchester
Lorenzo Campeggio

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:34 pm

"Indeed.."

He sat on a chair
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Henry sat on a chair next to him and sighed deeply

I've very worried news about some events in Germany. About...distruction of churches...

He started to say, seriously, looking carefully at Campeggio's face

Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Campeggio
Bishop of Winchester
Lorenzo Campeggio

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Campeggio shook his heas

-Melancholy events, Majesty..
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Henry nodded in agreement

Uhm...yes. But why these upheavals, Eminence?

He asked suddenly, staring at Campeggio's surprised face

Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Campeggio
Bishop of Winchester
Lorenzo Campeggio

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:30 am

Campeggio hadn't understood anything.He looked at his face puzzled

-Your Majesty?
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Henry grinned a bit, noticing Campeggio's astonishment. He took a deep breath, before explaining

I'll tell you, then. Lutherans attack what they see as Rome's heinousness. They believe that corruption will be rewarded, and that christian people are abandoned and abused. I am a man of faith, Your Eminence...

Then he leaned his head and kissed Cardinal's hand

God forbid that His Holiness should turn his back to me!

He said firmly, raising his eyes to him. Then he stood up and detached quickly from him
Back to top Go down
Frances Grey
Marquis of Dorset
Frances Grey

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 2:57 am

Sees his majesty and curtsy to him
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Queen of Naples and Jerusalem
Juana of Aragon

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 3:11 pm

The young Queen of Naples and Jerusalem, Juana was in the hall corridor making her way over to see the King of England, a alliance of sorts of course and she glanced over seeing a young man known as Thomas Cromwell,
the King's secretary, it was the first time she would meet him
"My lord" she says in a soft tone of voice, her eyes looked right at him
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 8:03 pm

"Good morrow my lady i do not believe that i have seen you here at court before.

Master Cromwell my lady secretary to his Grace and loyal servant"
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Juana smiled at the older man who approached her "His majesty must be very grateful for your lordship's loyalty onto him." she simply said to him "To me loyalty means everything to me even among my own subjects. It is a honor to meet you Master Cromwell, I am Juana, Queen of Naples and Jerusalem." She kindly introduced herself to him giving him her identity

"I am actually new here at court, I have come to meet with his majesty to forge a alliance between our two Kingdoms, England and Naples"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 10:36 pm

I looked closely at the young queen.

"For me loyalty is indeed very useful and i serve his Grace truly to my word as well.

You say that you have travelled here from Naples my lady must have been a long and tiring journey.

I am sure his Grace shall meet with you in good time and a perfect choice choosing to ally yourself with England my lady and i am sure his majesty will agree to it.
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 2:32 am

"His majesty has quickly become legendary in Naples, His stealth and strong will, his determination many in my Kingdom speak of the good things he has done and what he has tried so hard to achieve here in England." she says to him "I truthfully admire his majesty, being a woman in a man's world, or even a Queen when many would frown upon a woman taking the throne of a man. I know I too try my best to secure the lands given to me to govern over." she listened what he said on the alliance she thought of "To have such a loyal subject, he must be grateful to you, and yes I thought the same a alliance with England will benefit both England and Naples." his concern of her travels made her smile of course and she looked into his eyes, flattered by his kindness to her

"Yes I think I shall probably rest before meeting with his majesty, but just a moment of course. The journey was quite long but I liked what I saw during the journey, I've not left Italy before other then when I met my husband the first time. He too is from England but I find him a most kind and generous husband to me."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 8:42 am

I will happy that i had met this young queen and i then paused before speaking.

"The news of his majesties achievements and talents it seems does travel the land fast and he is a good king. You must have been very nervous at first when you became a Queen and is it hard my lady to rule as queen in your realm for here in England his Grace has many advisors too.

This alliance will certainly be one his Grace will look seriously into as well i am sure.

I am pleased my lady that your journey to England was a safe one. Are you sure you do not wish to rest before meeting his Grace?
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 11:19 am

Juana looked at Thomas Cromwell in front of her and smiled "It was very hard for me, becoming Queen, I was only 15 years old in age almost when the crown was thrust upon me. It was upon the death of my uncle had I risen to the crown as my cousin was at a rift with Spain, Naples had no successor to take my uncle the King's place and before my uncle died named me as his heir before dying in France." she spoke to him telling him truthfully "Truthfully I wasn't ready to be Queen, my father was my uncle's nephew and also the illegitimate son of Alfonso II of Naples, my mother was a Borgia and daughter of Pope Alexander VI of Rome."

She had told him everything but when she looked into his eyes when he showed concern of her health she smiled kindly toward him once more "My lord is kind to think so concerning for my health, I think I will rest a while before meeting with his majesty. The journey I feel was a bit exhausting from Naples. Is there somewhere I might take to rest a while which would be safe for me?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 7:22 am

"It certainly does sound like you have indeed had a tough time with your family and getting the throne at such a young age i am sure is very hard.

We hear from Naples and to me it does indeed seem that you are doing fine and that you are a wonderful queen.

I can prepare chambers for you if you would like my lady and you can rest before meeting his grace. Will you also be meeting with her Grace queen Anne too?
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 4:10 am

"I've been forced to do things in the name of my own family, even as Queen i've had to prepare the armies and wage wars. I do hope never again should I have to, I know it wasn't easy for me to do so only at the age of 13 years old." she told Master Cromwell looking into his eyes "Yes I would be forever grateful for that, To know where to stay and rest. Thank you my lord." she says brushing some long hair away from her cheek then heard his question on Queen Anne "Well if her majesty should like to meet me, I would not have a problem meeting her as well. But i'm sure the matters with the King will be in his presence but her majesty is welcome to join if she so chooses to do so."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 7:00 am

"Many young sovereigns have to make tough decisions like the one you had to make my lady. I think you have a lot of courage especially for a 13 year old to have to make such a big decision but i am sure it was the correct one"

I handed her a key which was to her chambers that she was to stay in whilst here in England.

"I am sure that Queen Anne would be very happy to meet you as well my lady and i do know that the king spends a lot of time with her. Perhaps you speak with her separately if you prefer"
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 10:43 pm

She smiled a bit to him, he understood exactly what she had to go through Well as a woman, many did not take me seriously, they didn't believe I could rule as Queen of Naples, they constantly insisted on a son to rule but there was none else and my brothers Louie and Rodrigo had no desire to rule so it left only me." she took a deep breath "The first year of my reign had signed the execution of 10 nobles, rebels against the crown who were loyal to other countries wanting the crown, Spain and France both wanted it and there were nobles from Italy who sided with them against me. There treachery ended when they saw I was like my grandfather the late King, they never tried to go against me again. Although it became more secure at the birth of my first son with my husband, when my son Ferdinand was born there was no doubt for legitimacy and then more sons followed after." she says to him but when he mentioned of Queen Anne, Juana had not yet mentioned she was a cousin to the King's first wife in a direct relation in a way. Her eyes met with his

"Yes I shall meet her in due time, But yes it would be easier if separately unless his majesty desire her in the same room with us, I wouldn't mind."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 6:18 am

"That is a very troublesome first year of your reign my lady and to issue the execution you must have indeed been very certain of it.

Now you have consolidated your position as queen with your own heir who i am sure you teach how to be king too. I myself too had a troublesome time at my father's house and i have sadly lost my wife and two daughters as well.

I shall inform her Grace of your arrival and you wish to meet her too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Corridor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corridor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next