The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Charles Brandon's bedchamber

Go down 
+19
Charles Henry Stafford Br
Philip of Bavaria
Catalina Stafford Brandon
Elena Salvatore
Katherine Tudor
Anne Rose Howard
Eleanor Brandon
Isabella de Navarra
Elena Glinskaya
Ursula Misseldon
Mihirinnisa Hatun
Quiteria de Navarra
Geoffrey Lonshord
Catherine Willoughby
Alfonsina Garcia
Nan Saville
Anna Stafford
Anne Grey
Charles Brandon
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Duke of Suffolk

Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 1:26 pm

Charlie looked at him and laughed amused.

"Dad... I'm not a child anymore... I really appreciate your offer and I thank you, but it's not necessary. Moreover, I think Lady Catherine wouldn't like it and now that you have a boy in the cuddle, you must take care of him."

He smiled softly and but a hand on his knee: "But thank you" he said again "We'll menage to find another way. Perhaps, being at Court will be different. However, let's stop talking about myself: what about you? Are you happy?"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 5:05 pm

"Charles smiled and patted softly his shoulder"

Yes...I know. Sorry. But you know...you'll be always a child for me and your mother. I still remember nights spent awake rocking you in my arms when you were a newborn child...

"He laughed softly and took a deep breath. Then he nodded"

Yes...I'm happy. Catherine just gave me a son. You should see your little brother...he is so cute. I love her cause she accepts everything about me. Including the fact that I have children with another woman. She is not...a great fan of your mother, but she uderstands. Women are complicated, my boy. You'll learn it once you'll be married...
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 7:01 pm

Charlie giggled and shook his head.

"Was I that bad?" he asked amused "I can't remember, obviously, but I wish I could... We forget too much of our childhood. But I do remember something and they are the best memories."

Charlie listened to him and nodded after him.

"I know how much Mother can be complicated, but I admire her. She raised my brothers and I alone and she did a great job. We respect her deeply but we know that we are her whole world and she loves us. Probably this is the reason why she didn't marry... I think I would hate a step-father. I don't know much about my grandfather... He was a traitor, after all... But I heard that he didn't make her life easy when she got pregnant of me..." he shrugged "In the truth... I'm a little bit afraid of Lady Catherine... you know... I don't know what her reaction could be in front of me and my brothers... I have nothing against her. I'm happy you have a new wife by your side that loves you and gave you a son. I'd really like to see my step-brother..." he nodded thoughtfully and sighed at his last sentence "Perhaps... I never thought to it, but who knows? At the moment, it is not a priority for me to find a wife... Women are... complicated, as you said."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 9:12 pm

"Charles smiled. He patted his shoulder again"

You're still young to marry, Charlie. Oh but I'm sure that ladies run after you in Suffolk...right?

"He giggled before taking a deep breath"

Yes...your grandfather has been executed, as you know. I was at your mother's side when it happened. I consoled her as I could...but I think she never forgot that pain. And I was at her side when she gave birth you. I'll never forget the emotion...when I took you in my arms for the first time. She gave birth in Buckingham. And I still remember Anna's words: "Your son, my Lord..". My first son. I admit I had to refrain tears...
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 1:27 pm

Charlie giggled too, but he looked down. He felt a little embarrassed about the argument.

"I don't know... I didn't notice... It's my fencing teacher who says so... He likes teasing me..." he said feeling his face blushing.

Charlie smiled at his story. He felt moved and he liked to hear it.
When he was told that he had a step-brother, a legitimate son for his father.. he felt a little jealous, as if someone could steal his place...
But after Charles' words, he understood that there was no need to.

"It's been sixteen years..." it's all he could say with a little smile.
He didn't know exactly what else he could say, so he decided to change subject.

"What is happening here at Court, father? Since the Boleyns are gaining more power day by day, I heard that the Princess Mary is now in Ludlow Castle... Was it an idea from Lady Anne? I mean, to take the King even more apart from the Queen... I hoped to find the Princess here, at least to comfort her"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 5:17 pm

"Charles nodded smiling weakly"

Yes...indeed. You know I don't love Anne Boleyn. And...I think I disappointed the King, recently. But everything is alright, my boy. Princess Mary is at Ludlow Castle with few ladies in waiting. But I have no news about her. But if you would like to comfort her...I give you my permission to go to Ludlow for few days. She would be happy...

"He added patting softly his knee"
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 6:20 pm

"I don't like her, either..." he admitted "Queen Katherine is a holy woman... She doesn't deserve all this."

Charlie sighed and nodded thoughtfully.

"I wrote to the Princess, recently. I hope my letter arrived to her. Perhaps, I could go. But would the King allow me? You just said that he's not in a good mood...

Then, a little bit unsure if speaking or not, he added "... And what about Cromwell? There are people who say..." he lowed his voice, as if the walls could hear his words "... who say that he's a heretic..."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 8:06 pm

"Charles rolled his eyes. He didn't want to involve Charlie in such things. But he realized that he was growing. He couldn't treat him like a child anymore"

The King and I...argued, recently. At the Easter Party. I tried to persuade him not to marry that whore.  I talked to him about her relationshop with Thomas Wyatt. But he got angry and left. Oh and about Cromwell...he supports fully the Boleyn's. But only to be in King's graces. I hate that dog! At least...Thomas More and I are honest...

"He added shrugging and sighing deeply"
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 5:27 am

Charlie noted immediately the anger and the frustration in his father's voice.
He was usually kind and respectful even towards his enemies, but this time everything was different.
After all, it was a matter that involved all of us, the whole England and our Faith too.

"That's... that's such a big mess..." he said shaking his head "If the King doesn't listen to you or neither to Thomas More..." he sighed "What else could we do? What can we expect? Excommunication??" he stood up and started walking thoughtfully and nervously in front of him "Oh Gosh... I didn't expect the situation to be so bad. What will you do now?" he asked looking at him.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 9:04 pm

"Charles shook his head"

I don't know, my son..I don't know. But stop talking about me. Talk me more about yourself. Have you friends here at court?

"He asked, patting softly his shoulder again"
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:46 am

Charlie bit his lips and laughed softly: "You know I've never been that good in making friends..."

"I don't know if my old friends are still here... I haven't met them already" he shrugged.

"But I met new people around" he admitted "All of them looked surprised to find out that I'm your son" he joked "You're indeed very famous!"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 4:25 pm

"Charles chukled, nodding slowly"

Well...maybe once I was. But now I'm trying to be a good husband. I'm not a young boy anymore. Rather you...you're still young and handsome. I'm sure you'll be famous too. Especially among ladies. You're a Brandon, after all...

"He winked and grinned teasingly"
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 7:35 pm

Charlie shrugged

"Let's see things from this point of view: if it wasn't for you temper, I wasn't born"

He winked at him with an amused smile and looked away, a bit embarrassed

"Perhaps..." he said caressing teasingly his own hands "I'm a little... timid. And I'm still looking around for the right person to be with..."
Charlie really wished to be like his father, but he also knew that he wouldn't, probably.
He wasn't that good with ladies and, in the truth, he wasn't very interested in them...
In any case, he would never tell it to his father, neither to anyone else.

"Moreover..." he decided to admit even if he blushed hardly "I never slept... with... you know... a woman..."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 9:36 pm

"Charles sighed, raising his eyebrow. An amused smile came on his lips, but he realized that his son was very embarassed admitting that. He shrugged"

Well...this will happen, one day. Ehm...I was almost your age when I conceived Victoria. I'm not telling you to get a woman pregnant. But...little by little, it will happen. Is there a girl you like?

"He asked with a teasing and curious tone"
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 8:16 pm

Charlie waited before answering.
He let his eyes move around the room.
He thought deeply to his father's questions.
He bit his lips.

"Ehm.. no, not at all" he finally said "I try to be kind and polite but all of them seem... I don't know. They just don't suite my tastes, that's it..."

He bit again his lips and tried to joke: "It would be easier if you chose for me"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 9:21 pm

"Charles laughed"

Choosing for you? Not at all, Charlie. I can choose for Catalina or Jane...but not for you. You're not a girl, I suppose...

"He said joking, patting softly his shoulder"
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:46 pm

Charlie snorted and rolled his eyes: "I just say that it would be easier..." he complained "Don't you have any sort of... family alliance to make?" he insisted "This way I could do whatever I wish without the problem to find a wife and have heirs."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:52 pm

"Charles looked at him with a curious expression on his face"

Why do you wish me to do that? Do you find so...hard finding a girl? Come on...I can't believe that. You have no exprerience, it's true. But you're an handsome guy...

"He smiked at him teasingly and smiled"
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 10:13 am

"Uh hmm If I may I say father you matched Frances up well with her suitor. They have exactly the same personalities it's amazing. In all seriousness you do only have me and young Henry for heirs." Charlie could feel himself redden talking to his father about ladies. He had a lot going on truthfully the ladies didn't take to Charlie. It was due to his eccentric and somewhat unpredictable behaviour.

"An arranged marriage for me would be suited best dad. Ladies have changed since you last courted them. They are impossible species the only ladies I like are all of my sisters."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 3:59 pm

"Charles sighed, looking curiously at him. He felt the responsibility to give him an education about girls"

Well...you forgot your brother Edward. You and little Henry are not my only heirs. But...anyway, I fear that an arranged marriage is too much for your young age. I mean...you should make some...experience before taking a wife. You know what I mean...

"He added, smiling a bit"
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 7:59 pm

"If we are going down that road surely an older woman would suffice." This was embarrassing to talk about with his dad. He found it humiliating that girls didn't like him.

"I don't think mother would agree dad. She says to respect women like I respect my sisters.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 9:02 pm

"Charles raised an eyebrow and nodded"

And...she is right, my son. Women deserve respect. You don't have to use them only for youe own pleasure. But...since you have no experience yet, maybe a girl having your same age would be...better for you...

"He explained, feeling a bit uncomfortable in talking with his son about such subject"
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:40 am

"I shall bear that in mind dad." Charlie started to whistle leaving it for a few moments for the air to clear. "Now that you are back at court do you know what the king has planned."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 5:58 pm

"Charles sighed shooking his head"

I don't know, my son. The King just made Anne Boleyn Marquise of Pembroke. So...I guess he is planning to marry her, now. You know...your sister Maggie is at court too. I was thinking to introduce both of you officially to the King...

"He added smiling proudly"
Back to top Go down
Anna Stafford
Duchess of Buckingham
Anna Stafford

PostSubject: Catalina   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 5:40 pm

I walk towards Charles' bedchamber not sure if I should really be here but we need to talk about Catalina. I am standing at his door and I knocked *Charles are you there, may we speak*.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charles Brandon's bedchamber   Charles Brandon's bedchamber - Page 27 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charles Brandon's bedchamber
Page 27 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next