The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

John Fisher's bedchamber

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

John Fisher's bedchamber Empty
PostSubject: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:50 pm

A servant entered in Fisher's room. The good man was in prayer and he bowed

"Your Eminence...the Duke of Westmorelad is here..."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:34 pm

Fisher was on his knees before the little altar in the corner of his bedroom, praying deeply.
As the servant entered, he finished his prayer, crossed himself and stood up.

Let him enter, please he replied kindly.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:54 pm

Once the servant allowed him to enter, Royce walked inside room and bowed respectfully

Your Eminence...I'm sorry to disturb your orations. But I need talking with you...

He said with low voice, raising his eyes to him
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:05 pm

Fisher nodded and looked seriously into his eyes.

You don´ t disturb me at all, Milord. Please, sit down and share your thoughts with me. I can offer you some water to drink, it is all I have here and I drink nothing else myself.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:54 pm

Royce sat on the chair and nodded kindly

Oh...some water will be enough for me. Thank you, Your Eminence. I came...because you probably heard that I'm engaged with King's sister, Princess Mary Rose. Well...I'd like that you could celebrate the ceremony, Your Eminence. After mourning period for poor Princess Margaret, of course...

He explained, looking at him with a weak smile
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:46 pm

Fisher poured some water into two goblets and handed one to the Duke.
He listened and nodded and then blinked his eyes.

I know of the engagement, of course. And it would be an honour to me to celebrate the ceremony, but am I the right person to do this? I mean, we are talking about a royal wedding here.... I imagine the Bishop of Canterbury would celebrate.... or His Eminence, the Cardinal Wolsey...

He frowned and looked at him, he heard the rumours too but he couldn't believe them to be true.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Royce took a sip from water and sighed, looking at him

I think you heard that Cardinal Wolsey is not in King's favour anymore, Your Eminence. I...I know that this is not my business. But there are some rumors at court about him....

He paused for a while, before adding

I'm not used to judge anyone. But I'd like that it's a shadowless man like you, Eminence, to celebrate my marriage. A royal marriage...

He explained with firm voice
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:54 pm

Fisher nodded slowly. So it was true, the Cardinal Wolsey was out of favor.
I am sorry to hear this. I never thought of the consequences for him, not obtaining the annullment....

He looked at him, smiling faintly.
I assume the king agrees, so yes, I am happy to celebrate the wedding. I thank you most heartily for this honor. Do you and the future bride have special needs I should know about?
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Royce nodded gratefully after his words

Thank you, Your Eminence. I'm honoured you accepted my request. No...any particular need, really. But...there is a thing I'd like to discuss with you. Can I ask you a question?

He asked, looking at his surprised face
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:25 pm

He nodded in understanding.

A royal wedding is a special wedding anyway, I will celebrate the eucharist properly and approprately.

The duke spoke on and he looked up in surprise, strucked by his worried face.

Yes, of course. Ask me anything you want, Your Grace.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:18 pm

Royce took a deep breath and looked at him with curious eyes

Your Eminence...what about if the future bride...is not a believer? I mean...if she lost her faith for some reason? Could this make the marriage invalide?

He finally asked, noticing that Fisher's face was much more surprised than before
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Fisher stared at him untill he realized his mouth was open in astonishment and he closed it, biting his lips.

Not... a believer? She.... the Princess Mary-Rose... lost her faith? He blinked his eyes serveral times, shaking his head, too surprised to answer his question about the validity of the marriage.

Why, I mean, what happened that she doesh't believe anymore? he asked, raising his eyes to him. He folded his hands in a silent prayer in his lap.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:38 pm

Royce sighed

Well...not exactly. She is just a bit confused, Your Eminence. You know...because her sister's death. But I'm sure that if you'll talk with her...she can be a believer again. She was a good catholic, after all...

He added, looking hopefully at him
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 9:17 pm

He nodded slowly, thoughtfull.
mmm, I understand she is confused about the death of her beloved sister. But God gives and takes, in order to strengthen our faith.

Looking into his pleading eyes, he added firmly.
Of course I will talk with her. She will marry you before the eyes of God, she has to realize that, Your Grace.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Royce smiled gratefully

Oh...thank you, Your Eminence. It means a lot to me, because I am so devoted to our faith. In spite of Luther's heresy spreading in Europe. But please...don't tell her what I just asked you, Bishop Fisher. I trust in your discretion...

He added, fearing Mary's reaction
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Fisher smiled faintly.

I will talk with her, Your Grace. Your can rely on my discretion, I respect the sacramental seal. And don't worry, I am sure she will recognize that her belief is still justified.

He tapped his arm gently for a moment to give him courage.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:51 pm

Royce smiled and stood up

Thank you, Your Eminence. You gave me so much comfort with your words. And thank you again for accepting my request...

He added with a kind smile
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Fisher smiled and stood up as well.

Don´t mention it, Your Grace, there is no need to thank me. We keep in touch then,,, when will the wedding take place? he asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 9:57 pm

Royce shrugged a bit after his question

Oh...after mourning period, I suppose. I think the King will give his permission in about a month, Bishop Fisher...

He answered. Then he bowed respectfully at him
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Fisher nodded seriously.
Of course.... I understand. Just let me know when, Your Grace, and again, thank you for awarding me the honor to perform the ceremony. All will be fine, I assure you.

He smiled faintly and bowed his head slightly.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:38 pm

Royce smiled and leaned on his hand. He kissed softly his ring and raised his eyes

Thank you again, Your Eminence. God bless you...

After that, he bowed deeply and left his room with quick steps
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 7:38 pm

After the Duke left, he sank down again and prayed, for the welfare of the Duke and his future royal wife, and for courage and guidance to fullfill his promise to him and speak with Princess Mary-Rose.
He crossed and stood up again, drank some water and left the room.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:31 pm

Fisher was in his bed for days, sick and weak and recovering slowly, too slowly to his liking.
He could hardly sleep and tugged at the blankets, tremendous worrying.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 10:28 pm

Thomas heard that Fisher was still lying on bed since days after the poisoning. So he decided to visit him to make sure about his conditions. After being announced by a servant, he walked into room and smiled weakly

Your Grace...how do you feel? The physician told me that you have been lucky and you'll be fully healed soon. But you still need to rest. I came to bring you some news...

He said with serious but friendly voice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Fisher's bedchamber   John Fisher's bedchamber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Fisher's bedchamber
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next