The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Thomas More's office

Go down 
+8
Elizabeth Barton
Mary Tudor
Thomas Jack
Geoffrey Lonshord
Cardinal John Fisher
Thomas Cromwell
Catherine Parr
Thomas More
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Thomas More's office - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Thomas nodded and showed her the chair

Lady Parr...of course, have a sit, please. What can I do for you?

He asked curiously
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Baroness Borough of Gainsborough
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:24 am

I sat down and smiled at Sir Thomas and said SIr thomas i wanted to ask you about his Majesty, how is he
doing since the death of his dear sister, i wanted to pay my respects to his majesty and bring him some comfort and kindness i have made something for him as well and would like to deliver it to him if i may .

also Sir Thomas , have you given much thought to our last chat abou getting the king away for some
quality time with a friend. like going to Grafton house , do you remember our talk and what i had purposed to you . i have never heard back from you and i was wondering.

Sir Thomas his majesty has many houses but none such more lovely than the ones
in the country away from court where his majesty is most happy. is this not true ?
why he can hunt, fish, ride his horses, write poetry , and music. why he has the freedom to do what he
would like to do, and if he chooses to do nothing well that would be most fine for whatever pleases his majesty .
his majesty needs some alone time wouldn't you agree ? , he needs to be with someone other than his lords and any ladies he may choose. now you will have to clear his calendar and create a ruse so that we can surprise him at his country house and you would have to arrange for certain servants to be there when we arrive at the country house. so his majesty wont think that anything is different.
Sir Thomas, you know all of his majesty favorite things, wouldn't it be nice to have them there for him when he arrived at the country house, he would be so surprised. i know i could help him. i want to help heal his heart sir thomas, no on should be in that much pain all the time
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:47 pm

Thomas listened her carefully. Then nodded while smiling weakly

Of course...I remember that very well, my lady. I'll bring your words to His Majesty personally. But...he wishes to stay alone during mourning period. I'm sure you understand, lady Parr...
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:47 am

I wait to hear his answer and i replied, SIr Thomas i do understand and i do care and i do respect
his majesty with the highest regard, Sir thomas here is food for thought.

though his majesty is in morning i would like to leave this offer with you in the hopes that his majesty
may reconsider knowing i am a friend and care for his majesty's well being. it just might be the best thing for him , though he may not know it yet.

but i do truly understand and will wait to hear back from you please tell his majesty how sorry i am and how much i care for him.

i thank you Sir Thomas for your time it was truly a pleasure to see you and talk with you so i thank so much
please give my greetings to your lovely wife and family.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:43 pm

Thomas nodded and smiled kindly

Thank you, my lady. Of course...I'll bring your words to His Majesty, as I told you. Thank you for your carying. He needs true friends at his side in this moment...
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:11 am

i arose from my chair and told SIr Thomas my last thoughts

Sir Thomas, i am a very true and humble woman with a true heart and would only have his majesty's
best interest at heart , and i only want to be a true and good friend to his majesty.

i look forward ro spending time with his majesty when his is ready

good day Sir Thomas
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:59 pm

Thomas smiled and stood up

Good day, my lady. And thank you again for your kindness...
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:22 pm

Good day Sir Thomas
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:24 pm

Good day to you, lady Parr...

After she left, Thomas sat at his desk again and started reading carefully some documents from Rome
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:06 am

A servant led Master Cromwell to Thomas More's study. Cromwell stood in the doorway and took a glance around at the room which seemed bare in comparison to the grandeur that Wolsey's own rooms boasted.

"Sir Thomas... I see you allow yourself none of the trappings of your great office," he said in a smooth even voice as he waited to be allowed to sit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:55 pm

Thomas looked at Cromwell. He was surprised to see him. Neverthless, he smiled for his words and reached his desk

I'm not so vain to show off the power, Master Cromwell. But...I tell you one thing: I have intention to use it in any case...

He said with a proud smile. Then he sat on his chair and gestured to Cromwell to sit in front of him

Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:19 am

He sighed deeply, keeping his countenance free of expression and took the seat More offered.

"May I ask, to what effect?"

He knew More's stance on the king's Great Matter was entirely different from his own, and More was a devout Catholic. Cromwell himself, few knew, was on the opposing side with the Lutherans and the New Learning.

Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Thomas took a paper in his hands and showed it to Cromwell

Here are. This is the report of a sermon pronounced recently at Cambridge by a certain...Hugh Latimer, senior member of the University. I'm going to read it to you...Mr Latimer says that Holy Scriptures should being read in english language by all practicing christian people. No matter if they are priests or lay. He rails against the display of images, constant pilgrimages and superstitious devotion. He says that all men are priests, and that there is no need of priests or Popes on Earth!

He leaned the paper on his desk again and raised his eyes to him

Times are changed, Master Cromwell. Now I see clearly the risk and the danger that brings the policy of opening towards such...innovative and false sects!

He added with firm voice, looking straight at his face

Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 3:45 am

Cromwell kept a straight face during More's reading of the letter, and suppressed his wanting to speak aloud to voice his own thoughts. When More finished, Cromwell met his gaze full on.

"You condemn all Reformers as heretics..?" he asked in an even, unruffled voice.

Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Thomas took a deep breath and leaned his back against chair

Wolsey has been too weak with them. I won't be...

He answered meaningfully, proud of his words

Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 3:12 am

Cromwell knew this already; he'd had a small part in keeping Wolsey's mind on projects other than the Reformation. But More would not be so easy to distract. He still kept a straight face as he asked his most important question:

"And will you burn them?" he asked in a soft voice, his gaze piercing.

Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Thomas looked silently at him for a little while. Then he sighed deeply, turning his eyes around room

Yes, if necessary...

He answered firmly, without hesitation

Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:28 am

Fisher knocked on More's room door. It has been a while since he spoke with him and he even had no chance yet to congratulate him on his new appointment. He was curious about his approach of government business.

Sir More? Are you in here?
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:04 pm

Thomas was sitting at his desk, reading documents about the heretic Simon Fish. Suddenly he heard knocking. Once he recognized his friend Fisher's voice behind his door, he raised his head while smiling

Cardinal Fisher...I'm here. Come in, please...
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Fisher entered, looking around curiously. Obviously, the room had changed of atmosphere. He saw his friend and approached him, smiling.

Thomas! My deepest apologies I did not came earlier to congratulate you, I was too much occupied myself... How are you, even more busier as before, I guess? I hope you still find time to spend with your family. he spoke seriously, noticing the tired look on More's face.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:12 pm

Thomas raised from his desk with a smile and walked towards him. He shook his hand and showed him the chair

Oh...Cardinal Fisher! No need to apologize...but I thank you sincerly. Yes, I have to admit that as Chancellor I'm more busy but...I don't complain about that. But please, have a sit...

He prepared the chair for him and sat on his desk again

Of course I have still time for my family...and for my soul. But tell me...how are you, Cardinal?
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Fisher smiled. Thomas seemed pleased with his new job.

I am happy to hear this. I imagine you have a lot on your mind, but I know how important your family is to you so I am glad you still find time to spend with them.

He sat down and shrugged a little.

I am fine, Sir Thomas. Busy as usual. I solved some problems concerning the Nun of Kent, she is formally declared clairvoyant and her visions for truth recognized. I only worry about the increase in the number of heretics... he spoke carefully, aware of More's aversion towards them.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 pm

Thomas frowned a bit after his words

The nun of Kent? Oh...of course. I remember we both promised to protect her. How is she? You know I don't consider her as heretic. I believe deeply in her visions. So...she has nothing to fear. From me, at least. But I'd like to meet her again...

He sighed and showed him a paper

Rather...I was told to investigate about an heretic. A certain...Simon Fish. Have you heard about him, Cardinal?
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Fisher smiled faintly.

She is fine, though her visions take away her energy. She lives a quiet life at the Canterbury convent and sometimes travels around the country to tell about the Holy Mary and increase their piety. She is very committed to Queen Katherine and a fervent opponent to the annullment. he spoke proudly.

He frowned deeply as he heard the name of Simon Fish.

Simon Fish.... he is a heratic, indeed! He spred Tyndale's New Testament and I heard rumours he has written a pamphlet while being in excile in Antwerp. Wolsey forced him to leave. What about him, Lord Chancellor? he asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:25 pm

Thomas sighed and glanced at the paper again

It seems...my dear Eminence, that this man is known for helping to spread William Tyndale’s New Testament, and for authoring the vehemently anti-clerical pamphlet "Supplication for the Beggars". An heretic...as you see. But I want to give him an opportunity to deny...So, I'll interrogate him here this afternoon. Privately...

He said almost whispering, looking meaningfully at him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomas More's office   Thomas More's office - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thomas More's office
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next