The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

King's Reception Room

Go down 
+35
Isabella Vasa
Daenerys Targaryen
George Hastings
Grace de Velville
Alexandrina Duarte
Henry VIII of England
Thomas More
Will Somers
William Davenport
Katherine Elizabeth Tudor
Francis of Navarre
Katherine Tudor
Margaret Vasa
Gustav Vasa
Thomas Cromwell
Viola Lancaster
Mionetta Rizzo
Francesca Benedetti
Quiteria de Navarra
Ursula Misseldon
Alfonsina Garcia
William Stuart
Diane de Poitiers
Margaret Douglas
Henry Norris
Lorenzo Campeggio
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Geoffrey Lonshord
Thomas Howard
Thomas Boleyn
Charles Brandon
Anne Boleyn
James Stuart of Scotland
Madeline De Fontanay
Mary Tudor
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

King's Reception Room - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 8:39 pm

I approached his majesty with caution and I bowed before him.

"Your Majesty I have news regarding the Queen. Her Majesty has given birth to a healthy baby girl and she insisted on telling you herself but I came to inform you your Majesty. I say as I waited patiently for his Majesty reply.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 10:44 am

Henry listened Cromwell's words and slowly he remained speechless. A girl! Anne gave birth a girl! It wasn't the Prince he wanted. He just nodded. Then he stood up and left the room to reach Queen's chambers

Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 8:30 pm

I arrived at King Henry's chambers and I waited patiently to be admitted as he had requested to see me.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 5:31 pm

Henry was told that Cromwell was there. He nodded

Let him come in..
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 8:34 pm

I entered the King's chambers and bowed.

"You wished to see me Your Majesty?
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 2:14 pm

Henry looked at Cromwell and stood up. He approached him

Yes, Master Cromwell. Princess Elizabeth's legitimacy is not in doubt. But you will submit a law to Parliament. This law must state that succession to the throne is a prerogative of our children. And no one else..
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2020 8:28 pm

I listen to King Henry and then after he finished I replied.

"Of course your majesty I shall prepare the law at once and present it to Parliament. Your children with her Majesty are to be the rightful successors of England. There is one thing Your Majesty that may cause trouble within the passing of this new law even though there is no questioning it as Elizabeth is the rightful heir but there are many who are fond of your firstborn daughter the Lady Mary.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 11:00 am

Henry smirked while reaching his desk

Lady Mary is no longer a Princess, Master Cromwell. She'll never sit upon my throne. Rather...I know for sure, Master Cromwell, that there are people, stubborn people...prevented people, who don't want to accept the validity of my marriage with the Queen. I therefore believe it is necessary to institute sanctions against them. To each of them, I'll give the opportunity to show their loyalty..
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2020 8:36 pm

I bow to the King.

"Of course your majesty I will prepare the bill and present it to Parliament and I will look into all the people and those that are against your union I shall inform you with immediate action. How is her majesty and Princess Elizabeth?
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2020 11:24 am

Henry nodded

Very well, Master Cromwell. I know I can always count on you. The Queen and my Princess are very well...very soon all people in England will learn to love and respect them. And very soon Queen Anne will give me a son. I'm sure of this..
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 9:28 pm

I nod my head to the King.

"I am sure that many fine sons will come from this match your majesty and I hope that the people accept and respect their new Queen.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2020 11:40 am

Henry nodded as well and walked towards windowside looking at gardens

That's all for now, Master Cromwell. You may go. Just...one more thing: Lady Katherine and Lady Mary won't receive letters or visitors. So read every letters that comes out from this Palace. Is that clear?

He added turning towards him
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2020 7:58 am

I looked at his majesty then i bowed my head and spoke.

"I shall read any letter that comes in and will inform the guards of your orders. Any suspicious letters then I will report to you at once your Majesty.
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 3:24 pm

Anne walked into the Kings chambers upon returning from France. Her step father, the Kings Uncle Lord Lisle requested her to travel with the Fine Wine he was sending over as a gift to the King. She waited, before being let in and she walked into the room with her eyes on the floor and she curtsied lowly "Your Grace."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 11:29 am

Henry smiled as she saw the young lady entering the room. He nodded

Lady Anne Bassett! I heard about your arrival at court. And I'm very happy having you here in England. After all, you're part of my family, dear cousin..

He stretched out his arm to allow her to kiss his hand
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 7:14 pm

Anne took his hand, kissing it softly before nodding her head "And I am most honored. My father has sent you some of his finest French Wine as a gift, and also the papers of the accounts in Calais. I am no ambassador, only a messenger so I will not try and explain them." She took the letters from a pocket in her skirts and handed him them "But I hope, it pleases your grace."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 2:35 pm

Henry took the paper from her hands and read it. Then he nodded and smiled

Please, thank your father for his gracious gift, Lady Anne. I appreciate it very much. I heard that you entered in my Queen's household...is that true? Hope you'll feel like at home here at court. And maybe..I can arrange with your father a good match for you. Such a noble lady like you are..can't be unmarried for long..

He said looking at her face
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 12:28 pm

"Yes, your majesty. I find that I have been very fortunate to find a place within Her Majesty's household. I feel more at ease here at the English Court, as if I was meant to be here." She admitted with a smile and she felt a blush creep over her cheek at the mention of them finding a husband for her hand and she laughed nervously "I....Forgive me, your majesty but...I do not wish to be married off too soon. I want to explore the ways and means off love before I enter into marriage blindly. I heard that you are very talented in playing the lute, is that true, Your Majesty?"
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 1:42 pm

Henry smiled before nodding

I understand your anxiety, my Lady Anne. But you have no reasons to worry about. You can be sure that your father and I will choose the best match for you. After all, you're very young..and you can have many children. You're no longer a child. So you're perfectly aware about your duties..

He paused for a moment, before adding

Also..you're a maid. So I'm sure that many noblemen will ask me your hand. And..even if I'm aware about your virtue, after negotiations you'll have to do a virginity text with our physician of court. Just a formality, of course..for your future husband..

He noticed her scared glance and smiled warmly

Oh please, my Lady Anne. Show me your smile. I'm sure you'll be very happy. And...yes, I play the liute. Love doing that. My father taught me. Do you play as well, my lady?
Back to top Go down
John Seymour
Gentleman of the Royal Household
John Seymour

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 11:26 am

I had been summoned by King Henry as he wished to speak to me about something. I arrived at his reception room at Whitehall and I had a page enter to inform him of my arrival. I waited patiently outside.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 12:57 pm

A servant entered, announcing John Seymour. He nodded

Tell him that I'll wait for him in Council Meeting Room. I'm busy with Lady Bassett, now..
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Queen of Naples and Jerusalem
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2022 6:31 pm

Juana of Aragon had finally arrived, she was a cousin to the King's late wife who he had divorced long ago to be with the lady Anne.  Upon her arrival she was met with the upmost respect given her foreign status of being Queen of Naples and Jerusalem in her own right as the granddaughter of Alfonso II of Naples and great niece of the last former King of Naples, Frederick of Naples. Standing near a decorative alter she looked at the different objects placed there before turning her head seeing a servant

"Ahh yes, do tell his majesty I have come to visit him as to his request, I shall await here for him and his blessing of approval"

she spoke running her fingers upon the cloth of the table as the servant rushed off to do as the young foreign Queen asked of them, she did not wish to disturb the King unless he was ready as she knew rulers such as herself had busy lives to uphold for themselves and there loyal subjects.

Last edited by Juana of Aragon on Tue May 17, 2022 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 9:27 pm

Henry was sitting on his throne when a servant came to announce Queen Juans'arrival. In spite of his divorce from Katherine, he decided to have friendly relationships with her cousin. He nodded

Of course. She may come in..
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Queen of Naples and Jerusalem
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 3:46 am

The significance of this meeting with the King of England was of great importance, it was no secret his majesty had broke from Rome's holy sea to divorce her cousin all that time ago prior to her arrival but Juana was no ally or someone fond of the Aragonese cousins of Spain who shared the same blood as herself in some ways, as a matter of fact, she did not even make allies with the Emperor which she took full force to ensure Naples and Jerusalem remained independent from Spain all together after the scandal from France and Spain uniting together to take that her families birth right in Naples all together claiming it theres as she put a quick stop to it the minute she risen to the throne as it's rightful heir and ruler as successor to her grandfather and to that her uncle.

The moment she gotten approval from the King of England to enter the room she had come into the room dressed in the purple attire which indicated the high born royalty she was. Purple was the color of royalty after all and Juana often wore dark colors, she was pious but very very strong minded, strong willed and cunning, all traits she gotten from her family in Naples. When she entered she noticed his advisors rise to greet her as her dark hues watched every single one of them in silence before turning her gaze to his majesty the King

"la seva majestat" She spoke fluently in Catalan language which she had learned so well while showing respect for the King but she also knew her latin very well too. Her eyes looked right at him "Thank you for having me here in your kingdom, despite my blood relations to the Aragonese from Spain." She admitted to him once more grateful indeed

"I trust your majesty is in good health?" She wasn't familiar with the ways of England, everything here was quite new to her but her eyes remained upon the King who she was speaking to even if her first words in the room were Catalan language from Spain.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 4:43 pm

Henry looked at her with a smile. She was  very beautiful woman. He liked her catalan accent and her strenght. He just nodded with his head

Your Majesty..Queen Juana..your blood can't prevent you from coming in my court. You're always welcome. Let me say that I find you absolutely stunning. Your beauty is almost a legend in all Europe. I think..our Kingdom should be friends. And I want you to be my ally. After all..we are almost relatives..

He ordered a servant to serve her a glass of wine

Hope you like our wine, my Lady. Since we have a lot to talk about. You know..I 'm looking for husband for my daughter Katherine. And..you have a son, if I'm not wrong..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King's Reception Room
Page 21 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next