The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Library

Go down 
+31
Dorothy Seymour
Anthony Denny
Thomas More
Katherina Prue
Elizabeth Black
Elizabeth Wykes
Catherine Parr
Anne Bassett
Guinevere D'Amboise
Isabella Smith
Charles Henry Stafford Br
Sabrina Howard
Anne Pickering
Edward Seymour
Niklaus Petrovin
Elizabeth Seymour
Dorothea of Saxe-Lauenbur
Matthew Whitcombe
Mary Tudor
Francis of Navarre
Margaret Wyatt
Jane Adler
Elizabeth Crawley
Jane Bassett
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Ursula Misseldon
Thomas Howard
Diane de Poitiers
Pierre Du Bois
Mary Boleyn
Charles Brandon
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Elizabeth Black
Countess of Anjou
Elizabeth Black

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 7:53 pm

"Elizabeth Black,"she replied and out stretched her arm to shake her hand.

She paused and hesitantly added,"My lady, I hope I am not too forward but...are you a relative of mine? It's you look so...familiar."
Back to top Go down
Katherina Prue
Housewife
Katherina Prue

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 10:09 pm

I had a comfortable and safe journey back to England. On the way home my thoughts were filled with the words that Sir Thomas had told me before we were interrupted. I had no time to think about anything else. I had arrange to meet him here but under the false pretence that we were enemies. Although we were not as he had informed me with a great secret. I walked through the long shelves of books picking one up, opening it with my back against the shelf. A simple pretence to make it look like I was reading.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 11:15 pm

Thomas was told that lady Katherina Prue was waiting for him in the Library. As he entered, he came closer and smiled warmly

Lady Cranmer..I'm delighted to see you. We had a very good time together in Scotland. And thank you for meeting me here. I love books. I shall give a copy of my "Uthopia" as gift..

He kissed her hand gently

Ohh! Talking about gifts..I never forgot what I promised you in Scotland. And I always keep my promises. Boy, come in..

He ordered to a servant to enter. The boy joined the library bringing a little dog in his arms. Thomas smiled

Just..a little thought. Hope you like it..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katherina Prue
Housewife
Katherina Prue

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 9:44 am

I was glad to see Thomas in such high spirits. That we did and I was hoping we could continue our conversation. I had never read his works of literary before. But the work of his book Uthopia was known so I graciously smiled. I would love to read such works of yours. I did hear that you had started a book about King Richard III how is that coming along. As the servant walked in I immediately fell in love with this fury creature. He is perfect and as white as snow. I gladly took my new dog of the servant trying to conjure a name up for him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Thomas smiled seeing that she liked his gift. He dismissed the servant and looked at her

I'm happy you like it, my lady. I'm sure you will take care of this little, lovely creature with much love. Oh...yes. You mean my treaty about Richard III. It's almost finished. I guess...I'll finish it soon, since I'll have more free time, since now..

He added with a weak smile, referring to his resignation as Chancellor
Back to top Go down
Katherina Prue
Housewife
Katherina Prue

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 2:41 pm

I am glad to hear that it is nearly finished. I won't hesitate in saying are you sure that you are making the right decision? I asked concerned. This was a big move to make maybe the king would refuse his dismissal. I shall be sad not to see you at court. I don't know that many people hear apart from Geoffrey.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 10:30 pm

Thomas tried to smile and shrugged a bit

I have no choice, my lady. I love the King. And I will be his devoted subject until my dying day. But..I can't serve him as Chancellor anymore, accepting his new religious politic. Ohh...I'm sorry. I shuldn't even talk with you about that. Because of..your husband. But whatever happens, I promise I shall remain your friend. You are..much more better than I thought..

He admitted with a warm smile, this time. His life was going to change, and he needed more friends around him
Back to top Go down
Katherina Prue
Housewife
Katherina Prue

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 6:47 pm

I gave a sympathetic glance. Unlike other men he was handling this very well. It is ok Thomas. I can keep secrets and it is of no ones business what we talk of. This is like you are making a way to a much peaceful path in your life. I wondered if he would stay at court once he had resigned.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 10:44 pm

Thomas nodded

Indeed, my lady. My wife and my daughter are very worried about my decision. I served loyalty the King for years. But...I think I deserve some rest. I'll spend time with my family and I'll pray for my King every day. Maybe..I shall leave court. But I'm not sure about that, yet..

He said smiling weakly. He hoped that in that case they could still keep in contact with each other

Back to top Go down
Katherina Prue
Housewife
Katherina Prue

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 1:57 pm

This is sad to hear where do you reside when you at not at court. I tried to change the subject. If Thomas More was thinking of leaving court what would people say. Not like their opinion mattered. When someone, like Thomas had been at court his whole life his presence shall sorely be missed.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Thomas shrugged smiling weakly

Usually I live in the country. Among nature and my animals. But I'll surely write to you. Hope you'll come to visit me, sometimes..

He said with a warmer and hopeful smile, this time
Back to top Go down
Katherina Prue
Housewife
Katherina Prue

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:04 pm

I had never seen the English countryside yet. But it would be nice to visit especially when my husband was busy. I will visit you it I see it as a lovely break from court. I hope that you have the support of your family on this matter. Now is really an important time to surround yourself with those you trust. I rubbed my new puppy ears, I had yet to think of a name for him. But I would certainly keep him safe with me at all times.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 11:00 pm

Thomas nodded again

Yes...family is my support right now. Beside God, of course. I really thank you for your friendship and comprhension, lady Katherina. This means a lot to me. And..I'll always remember you in my prayers..

He said smiling friendly
Back to top Go down
Katherina Prue
Housewife
Katherina Prue

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 1:01 am

I had wondered if this would be our last meeting before he left court. You can't leave just yet, we have yet to name this little man. I gestured towards the dog I held in my arms. Who was as pure as white as snow.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 8:46 pm

Thomas laughed silently. He caressed the little dog in his arms

Oh well..I'm not good in choosing pet's names, my lady. But...who told you that it's a...man?

He asked with a gentle smile on his lips and looking meaningfully at her
Back to top Go down
Katherina Prue
Housewife
Katherina Prue

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 6:59 pm

I looked away shyly. Sorry I thought that you said it was a boy. Whilst Thomas was still holding my unsexed puppy I ran my fingers gently through it's hair. I'll start that again do you know what the sex of my puppy is. I raised my eyebrow with some amusement.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 10:24 pm

Thomas smiled indulgently, placing the soft pet into her arms slowly

Don't wory, my lady. That's not easy to find out pets's sex if you're not an expert. In any case...you're holding a she dog. So I think you will be more good than me in finding a suitable name for her..

He said caressing it and looking at her face. Judging by her blushing, he had to admit that she was really a nice and virtous girl, in spite of she was already married
Back to top Go down
Katherina Prue
Housewife
Katherina Prue

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Idly, I took my dog into my arms and placed a small kiss on his cheek. I like the name Sabine. It is not really a common name here in England. You know the court won't be that nice without you here. When people find out who I am they shall surely cast judgement. I wished my friendship with Thomas had started a little earlier on when he wasn't preparing to leave court.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Thomas smiled and caressed her dog

Sabine..I like it. I'm sure you'll take perfectly care of her. Oh and don't worry. Even if I'll leave court..we'll continue to keep in touch, lady Katherina. And of course I'll be back to celebrate Christmas..

He added, noticing a bit of sadness into her eyes
Back to top Go down
Katherina Prue
Housewife
Katherina Prue

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 11:44 am

Please just call me Katherina we have already told each other more information than we would our friends. Christmas was a long way a way. In Thomas I found an intellectual friend who actually valued the opinion of women. What is your wife like I have never met her.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Thomas smiled, nodding after her words

You're right. Yes..we're now friends. And I just hope that your husband is not bothered by that. I would be..bery sorry for creating drama in your marriage. My wife is fine, Katherina, thank you. She is a carying and intelligent woman. I love her deeply, and she is the ideal companion of my life..

He took a breath with an amused smile

Just..I think she deserves a pet too. You know, I'm giving pets to half court and she could be jealous..
Back to top Go down
Katherina Prue
Housewife
Katherina Prue

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 5:02 pm

Such nonsense we don't do drama we are to grown up for that. I blinked a couple of times as he mentioned his wife wondering if she was anything like the first. Does she love dogs? I am curious as to where you are getting these animals from.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 11:56 pm

Thomas couldn't avoid giggling

Yes...she does. But she prefers cats most. I don't know why..but in the country I have a little farmer. I grew up among animals since I was a kid. Hope your husband won't be bothered if you'll visit me, sometimes..

He said showing her a friendly smile
Back to top Go down
Katherina Prue
Housewife
Katherina Prue

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 8:35 pm

What a lovely place it reminded me of the little villages back in Bavaria. You would of made a great farmer back in Bavaria. Cats are good at catching mice but they never stay at your side for to long they stray. Their was a little connection nothing sordid but a connection between us both. Maybe it was something only I could feel. He will be very busy what with Cromwell needing him at every waking moment. I can visit you whenever he is busy not to share our bedchamber.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:19 am

Thomas smiled, a bit amused by her words

Bavaria must be a nice place...but I think I'll stay in England. You know...especially for my children. And wherever I'll be...you'll be very welcome, Katherina. It would be a true pleasure for me and my family..

He said truly smiling at her
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Library - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Library
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next