The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Palace Backyard

Go down 
+27
Victoria Brandon
Muriel Howard
Jenny Howard
Amelia Atwell
Gregory Cromwell
Thomas Cromwell
Francis of Navarre
Katherine Tudor
Anna Stafford
Anne Lumley
Elizabeth Seymour
Thomas Seymour
Henry VIII of England
Anne Stanhope
William Kingston
Elizabeth Crawley
William Herbert
Anne Bassett
Jane Bassett
Ursula Misseldon
Thomas Boleyn
Hans Holbein
Charles Brandon
Stephen Gardiner
Mary Boleyn
Margaret Wyatt
Anthony Knivert
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Palace Backyard - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 9:50 pm

Jasper Crawley wrote:
"I am sure with You Grace as her guide she will learn quickly. I could think of worse fates for a young girl of seventeen...many would wish with valour to be a duchess,"he then shrugged and added,"Though this lady seems pious indeed so I am sure you will both be happy."

"Charles nodded in agrement"

Thank you, Your Grace. She is very pious, indeed. Her mother, Maria de Salinas, was maid of honour of Queen Katherine in Spain. She asked me to take care of her education...

"He said while walking"
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 9:52 pm

"That is a very admirable thing to do. I am sure her mother will be forever grateful for the education you are giving her...and also he life long security,"Jasper said with a friendly tone and walked through the gardens contentedly.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 9:59 pm

"He smiled him back and followed him along gardens"

She is a perfect pupil. And I'm sure she'll be a perfect wife too. You know...she accepted my complicated private life. I already have five children...

"He added glancing at him, curious to see his reaction"
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 10:04 pm

Jasper bit his lip and glanced to Charles,"I must confess, Your Grace...I had heard. One must highlight though despite your children's...illegitimacy...you have cared for all of them and their mother,"Jasper grinned and added,"Not all gossip about court is bad."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 10:20 pm

"He took a breath after his words"

Yes...I had four children from the Duchess of Buckingham, and my eldest daughter from a previous relationship. Now the duchess is going to give birth our fifth child. In spite of they are...illegittimate, as you said, I gave them my surname and my title. They are my heirs, even if I'll have a legittimate one from Catherine...

"He explained with firm, proud voice"
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Jasper smiled,"You must be very proud of them all, Your Grace?"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 10:32 pm

"He nodded again, looking straight at him"

I am, my lord. My eldest daughter, Victoria...lives in Somerset with her husband. She has a daughter, so I'm already grandfather. Lady Anna gave me two boys, Charlie and Edward, and two girls, Catalina and Jane. I...I had another son, too. From another relationship. But my little Daniel died because of sweating sickness. A year ago..

"He added sadly, thinking at the beloved son who Nan gave him"
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Jasper frowned,"My apologies. I too had some comrades who also succumbed to the sweat-such a terrible disease."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 10:41 pm

"He cleared his voice while looking around"

I know. His Majesty's son, little Henry Fitzroy, died because of this sickness. Like my best friend, sir William Compton. Thank God, we're healthy. We have to be strong...

"He smiled weakly and kept on walking slowly at his side"
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 10:43 pm

Jasper smiled and nodded in agreement,"Most definitely. Your Grace especially-you have everything to live for..."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 10:49 pm

"Charles smiled warmly this time"

Of course, I have. My children, my women...but stop talking about me. How do you find court, Your Grace?
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 10:54 pm

Jasper thought for a moment,"Hm...it is different. My life before this was suitably quiet for a few years, after the end of the war that is. I am still growing used to it and suspect it will be quite some time until I become accustomed to it's ways. None the less I have met some very nice people and enjoy it."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 5:27 pm

"Charles looked at him with a curious glance"

Really? Have you relatives or friends here? Many people dislike courtlife, because of rumors and things like this...
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Jasper shook his head,"No, I have very few relatives-that I know of. However I believe to have made some friends, strangely all women,"he gave a cursory glance to Charles and winked jokingly,"It is so strange how casual people are about friendships here between men and women-in the country they are so much more...prudish. My old friendships are all with men and just...liaisons with women."

Jasper laughed a little kicked the grass beneath him
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:52 pm

"Charles couldn't avois to laugh after his sentence"

Well...I admit it's rather hard for me being friend to a woman. Although, I have two dear friends whom I have never slept with. Ehm...more or less. I think friendship between men and women is possible. Don't you, Your Grace?

"He asked, winking at him"
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Jasper laugh in a brotherly fashion, throwing his head back happily,"Your reputation precedes you, Your Grace!"

He then paused for a minute in order for reflection and finally concluded,"Yes...I should like to think so, however I have simply never had the experience of a female friend..."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:30 pm

"He giggled while shrugging"

Well...you could be surprised, my lord. I really appreciate a woman who shows me not only her beauty, but her intelligence too. I'm sure you agree...
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Jasper nodded,"Of course. I was raised with Utopian values-reading Thomas More's work has drastically changed my opinions on how our world is."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:55 pm

"Charles turned his head to him and frowned a bit"

Have you read More? He is Lord Chancellor of His Majesty, actually. Very well known of his integrity. And for his disapproval of King's divorce. I admit I am surprised...

"He smiled weakly"
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Jasper nodded enthusiastically,"Oh, yes. Utopia was one of my favourite books as a child and still to this day remains."

Jasper adopted a sort of wistful expression and smiled at the memories and innocence of youth. He then glanced up,"You are surprised?"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:07 pm

"He kept on looking around, still walking"

Yes...rather. I thought you liked reading about other subjects. But I appreciated Uthopia too. So I understand you..

"He answered while glancing at him"
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Jasper raised his brows and fostered a playful grin,"Other subjects? Such as..."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:12 pm

"Charles shrugged and put a curious expression on his face"

Uhm...I don't know. I should know you better to tell. Maybe...nature and animals. Possible?

"He replied, looking at his dog"
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Jasper laughed a little and shook his head,"Oh no. I have a dog and horse-that is as far as my knowledge of our fellow creatures on this world goes. I was taught of literature, arithmetic and languages-not plants!"
Jasper laughed a little,"I am from the country though so I can understand how one would expect that,"he added jokingly,"I'fear not all of us are farmers."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:20 pm

"He laughed after him"

Well...it would be not a so bad idea. Life in the country is much more...relaxing. At least so I have been told. I spend very few time in Suffolk. So...I admit there are many enjoyable things at court that I would miss, if I were a farmer..

"He said jokingly"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palace Backyard   Palace Backyard - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palace Backyard
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next